1 Pro-Bowler

flea

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d...mp;confirm=true

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?STORY_ID=5459

Harris was voted a first alternate, Kreutz, punter Brad Maynard and tight end Greg Olsen were chosen second alternates, and Hester and Urlacher were picked third alternates.

The only other player I believe deserves it is Maynard. He leads the league with punts inside the 20.

Peace :dabears

the pro-bowl sucks. They should just do what the colleges do. Have a 1st team all-division for each 8 divisions, have a 1st and 2nd team all conference team for each conference, and then have a 1st and 2nd all pro team (and don't let idiot fans pick these teams, have the coaches and players decide them). Then, for Hawaii, just have a skills competition, that one flag football game they have, and invite all players on the teams to come down and enjoy a weekend in Hawaii. Fans would still go down there, and they wouldn't have to watch a boring ass game of football.

Not a bad idea...

the pro-bowl sucks. They should just do what the colleges do. Have a 1st team all-division for each 8 divisions, have a 1st and 2nd team all conference team for each conference, and then have a 1st and 2nd all pro team (and don't let idiot fans pick these teams, have the coaches and players decide them). Then, for Hawaii, just have a skills competition, that one flag football game they have, and invite all players on the teams to come down and enjoy a weekend in Hawaii. Fans would still go down there, and they wouldn't have to watch a boring ass game of football.

Remember Robert Edwards? He was a rookie rb for the Patriots who was invited to participate in a rookie flag football game in Hawaii. Tore his knee up and was never the same.

I remember it well. But that was so bizarre and flukley, that it could have heppend while chasing a puppy in his yard...

The odds of that happening again to a pro athlete are probably smaller than winning a lottery...

I mean, if that happened with flag in the sand, then wouldn't you in theory want to bar any physical activity but that which happens in an actual game? It's kind of like not allowing you son/daughter to drive because accidents have happened on the road previously. Bottom line, S happens... But, at least in a showcase, there would appear to be far less of a possibility for serious injury. And going back to the driving...you try to make sure your children get a safe car, wear seatbelts, teach them dangers of drinking/driving,etc...to lessen danger. You can't stop fukes...

Remember Robert Edwards? He was a rookie rb for the Patriots who was invited to participate in a rookie flag football game in Hawaii. Tore his knee up and was never the same.

I remember it well. But that was so bizarre and flukley, that it could have heppend while chasing a puppy in his yard...

The odds of that happening again to a pro athlete are probably smaller than winning a lottery...

I mean, if that happened with flag in the sand, then wouldn't you in theory want to bar any physical activity but that which happens in an actual game? It's kind of like not allowing you son/daughter to drive because accidents have happened on the road previously. Bottom line, S happens... But, at least in a showcase, there would appear to be far less of a possibility for serious injury. And going back to the driving...you try to make sure your children get a safe car, wear seatbelts, teach them dangers of drinking/driving,etc...to lessen danger. You can't stop fukes...

I agree - s happens. I was just noting it can happen any time. Further, I agree lose the game and go to a skills competition. Make it a celebration of the NFL - for the fans to enjoy.

I wasn't saying the players should participate in the flag football game, but rather have the former players flag football game they have every year.

And for the skills competition, have the kicking competition, the QB skills challenge, etc.