What we should do next year...

Butkus

Here is my thought for preparation for next year....

Cut/Trade:

Brian Urlacher-If we can trade him for a 2nd round pick or better, let's dump him and plug in a young guy, we have several young LB's that can do as well...

Dusty D-Cut/too much injury

Kevin Jones-Cut if we are not going to use him

Booker-Cut/not working out, although it makes me sad to see him go, he was a good one but seems to be too old.

Vasher-Cut unless he is willing to restructure his contract

Mark Anderson-Reduce contract or cut

Harris-Reduce contract or cut

R Davis-Use only as a backup

OLine-Consider cuts to R Garza and O Kreutz...I admit I am not sure where to pin the blame, but we need to upgrade here!

Brandon Lloyd-Re-sign for a 1-2 year deal, the kid has talent and was our best receiver this year.

Trade/Draft

O Line-Let's pick up at least one stud and one solid player on the OLine. We need help here....

DLine-If we have to get rid of Harris when he refuses to reduce his contract, we will need a pickup here..if he stays with a reduced contract I think we have what we need if we can add a solid player in the off season. We need a DEnd prospect if Anderson goes.

WR-This is our biggest need in the off season. Our lack of ability to stretch the field killed us this year. We need a real #1 receiver.

DCoach-BABICH HAS TO GO! IF LOVIE DOES NOT LIKE IT, HE CAN GO TOO!

Ahh, that is only what comes to mind at the moment. This team has made me sick this year with its lack of heart....it has not been an impressive team by any means. Lets hope next year is better.

So you want to trade or cut Jones, Urlacher, Harris, Anderson, Vasher, Kreutz, Garza, Booker, and Dvoracek?

Are you planning on having a team next year? Or are we coming back in 2010 with a new team and new city?

:shakehead

Maybe reading is a challenge for you, but if you go back and read through my post again I am suggesting several players either take a pay cut or be cut/traded...

And how many of those All-Pro, icons of Bears history would you like to keep? Name some names and I can respond with plenty or reasons to dump them. We are not going to get better by keeping the same players....or do you think we should just go on doing what we did this year?

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

We're fine overall

No. No we are not.

We need a QB. We need a legit backup RB. We need a FB. We need 2 legit WRs. We need an OT and one, maybe 2 OG. We need an entirely new D-Line. We need an OLB. We need a shut down CB. We need 2 starting safeties.

We are not fine overall. Not even close.

So you want to trade or cut Jones, Urlacher, Harris, Anderson, Vasher, Kreutz, Garza, Booker, and Dvoracek?

Are you planning on having a team next year? Or are we coming back in 2010 with a new team and new city?

:shakehead

I have no problem getting rid of urlacher, harris anderson, vasher, and dvoracek. At least we'll have money for REAL defensive players! This guys are screwing us from an actually decent enough cap to sign a game changer,but instead we invest our team's cap into these steaming piles of crap. Hey lovie and company did you know you were playing against Andre Johnson cause you sure as hell didn't look like you knew it. You're a joke when it comes to planning against a team's strength and are undeserving of the titles you hold, let a coach who knows the game of football take over you're all unwanted!

We are not a solid football team. IMO we are solid at QB, RB, but need help at the OLine and WR positions on offence. On D, we need help at the DTackle position and the LB position, and maybe a bit of depth at the safety position.

We are paying way too much for has beens on the defense, NAMELY TOMMY HARRIS, BRIAN URLACHER, DUSTY DVORACEK, AND MARK ANDERSON. These players have done next to nothing for us this year, while Anthony Adams and Marcus Harrison have made use of their playing time to look good.... Mike Brown is finished as a player, unfortunately, but I feel we have good prospects with Payne, Manning, and Steltz and good backups. We need more strength in both lines and a game breaking WR for our QB to throw to.

Orton is solid and I would not give up on him until he has some decent people to throw to and he fails.

We need a better Defensive Coach, and Lovie needs to grow SOME BALLS and tell these players to get off of their overpaid asses and play hard! If he cant do that, I would rather see someone else come in and do the job. BABICH HAS TO GO! If he does not go in the off season, be sure next year will be the same sh#t, because even the best players need a good Defensive coach.

This year is likely over, and even if we find our way into the playoffs we will not last long because we are not that good.

We are not a solid football team. IMO we are solid at QB, RB, but need help at the OLine and WR positions on offence. On D, we need help at the DTackle position and the LB position, and maybe a bit of depth at the safety position.

We are paying way too much for has beens on the defense, NAMELY TOMMY HARRIS, BRIAN URLACHER, DUSTY DVORACEK, AND MARK ANDERSON. These players have done next to nothing for us this year, while Anthony Adams and Marcus Harrison have made use of their playing time to look good.... Mike Brown is finished as a player, unfortunately, but I feel we have good prospects with Payne, Manning, and Steltz and good backups. We need more strength in both lines and a game breaking WR for our QB to throw to.

Orton is solid and I would not give up on him until he has some decent people to throw to and he fails.

We need a better Defensive Coach, and Lovie needs to grow SOME BALLS and tell these players to get off of their overpaid asses and play hard! If he cant do that, I would rather see someone else come in and do the job. BABICH HAS TO GO! If he does not go in the off season, be sure next year will be the same sh#t, because even the best players need a good Defensive coach.

This year is likely over, and even if we find our way into the playoffs we will not last long because we are not that good.

Anderson is getting paid a rookie contract of a 5th rounder. He's not making anything compared to the others.

Peace

Anderson is getting paid a rookie contract of a 5th rounder. He's not making anything compared to the others.

Peace

OK, I guess we could keep him then if that is the case....BUT ALL OF THE OVERPAID DEFENSIVE PLAYERS WHO ARE SUCKING UP THE CAP MONEY NEED TO GO!!! How many of these D guys are earning their money? The Bears put all of their money in defense but our D cannot stop anybody!

AND GET RID OF THE F$$$$$ DEFENSIVE COACH, AKA BABICH, IMMEDIATELY!

OK, I guess we could keep him then if that is the case....BUT ALL OF THE OVERPAID DEFENSIVE PLAYERS WHO ARE SUCKING UP THE CAP MONEY NEED TO GO!!! How many of these D guys are earning their money? The Bears put all of their money in defense but our D cannot stop anybody!

You really need to relax. How are Mark Anderson and Tommie Harris has beens, both at age 25?

I agree - Babich must go.

Peace

You really need to relax. How are Mark Anderson and Tommie Harris has beens, both at age 25?

So if they are young they are good? Anderson had one good year, Harris had two or three. Harris is known to have injury issues as well as personal issues that resulted in a suspension this year. If we don't dump the guys who are not earning their money, we cannot afford the guys who will....

Maybe reading is a challenge for you, but if you go back and read through my post again I am suggesting several players either take a pay cut or be cut/traded...

And how many of those All-Pro, icons of Bears history would you like to keep? Name some names and I can respond with plenty or reasons to dump them. We are not going to get better by keeping the same players....or do you think we should just go on doing what we did this year?

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Do you think they'll take pay-cuts? No. Me neither. Therefore, you're suggesting we just cut them all then, right? Great idea.

There is no way we get rid of Urlacher. It would be like Ray Lewis leaving Baltimore after the year? Not going to happen.

Dvoracek? Come on. He isn't very good but I wouldn't mind him on the team as long as he's seeing the field sparingly.

Harris? Come on, you think his selfish ass will take a cut? He came on pretty strong at the end of the year, IMO.

Vasher blows- I agree on that one.

Like Connor said, Anderson isn't making any money anyways.

Jones- yeah maybe, but he wasn't 100% this year and I don't mind AP. Booker- agree.

Kreutz- he wasn't himself this year but you don't cut him. Period.

Garza- depending on what we do in FA and through the draft, he might get cut, but if we only draft 1 OG, there's no way he isn't on the team next year.

It's funny how most people don't realize that a LB, especially a MLB, relies heavily on his DLine (especially the NT for a MLB). Considering the fact we had shit DLine and NT play for most of the season, I'd say Urlacher did good.

Wow, I finished the rest of the post (I previously just stopped after I read trade Urlacher), and can we just close this thread? My god, what a terrible thread with some of the most idiotic ideas I've read on here. How about we cut everyone, move the team to Mexico City, and sign just random mexicans to be on the team?

I can't believe someone actually said we are solid at QB.. LOL!

Kyle will be back, based on the progress he showed during the year. We do need to have a viable candidate to challenge him in TC. FA? Draftee? Don't know. But yea, I don't think that QB is the top priority need on this team. WRs and OL and a replacement for Brown are, IMdO.

I can't believe someone actually said we are solid at QB.. LOL!

Agreed.

I'd love to see us draft Drew Willy in the 4th round. He's from Buffalo but he's 6'3 220 with a rocket arm and pretty good accuracy.

It's funny how most people don't realize that a LB, especially a MLB, relies heavily on his DLine (especially the NT for a MLB). Considering the fact we had shit DLine and NT play for most of the season, I'd say Urlacher did good.

^^^^^^^^

So if they are young they are good? Anderson had one good year, Harris had two or three. Harris is known to have injury issues as well as personal issues that resulted in a suspension this year. If we don't dump the guys who are not earning their money, we cannot afford the guys who will....

Show me where I said because they are young they are good?

They aren't has beens if they haven't even hit their prime yet, that's what I'm saying. Harris has been to 3 pro Bowls in 5 years, as well as being an alternate once, maybe twice. He was healthy late in the year and it showed, he played a lot better. And as far as personal issues...he's one of the most religious players on the Bears, if not in the NFL. He's the least of our worries. He had a better year in 08 than he did in 06, and no one was complaining then.

Do you think they'll take pay-cuts? No. Me neither. Therefore, you're suggesting we just cut them all then, right? Great idea.

There is no way we get rid of Urlacher. It would be like Ray Lewis leaving Baltimore after the year? Not going to happen.

Dvoracek? Come on. He isn't very good but I wouldn't mind him on the team as long as he's seeing the field sparingly.

Harris? Come on, you think his selfish ass will take a cut? He came on pretty strong at the end of the year, IMO.

Vasher blows- I agree on that one.

Like Connor said, Anderson isn't making any money anyways.

Jones- yeah maybe, but he wasn't 100% this year and I don't mind AP. Booker- agree.

Kreutz- he wasn't himself this year but you don't cut him. Period.

Garza- depending on what we do in FA and through the draft, he might get cut, but if we only draft 1 OG, there's no way he isn't on the team next year.

I think some of them might take paycuts....especially since no one will pay them any more than the Bears will.

Urlacher-He is WAY overpaid and not delivering. He has had a big stupid mouth the last couple of years and is not playing like his contract calls for. If he won't take a cut and we don't get crushed with the cap, I say cut him, just like I said before this year started. He woud not be missed.

Dvoracek has been hurt every year he has been here, I am assuming he has a hefty contract. If he is cheap, great, he is worth keeping. If not, either cut him or reduce his contract unless he is going to kill the cap. Really, what has he done in the 3 years he has been here except keep the bench warm and look cool in his long hair?

Harris-He came on strong but not to the tune of his contract from what I know, although he might not have the contract I think he does as I am not an expert. If he is costing a ton and it does not kill the cap to dump him, DUMP HIM. He is said to have an aged body, has injury issues, and this year had personal issues. If he won't take a cut and we can, dump him before he sits on the team like a big worthless turd for 2/3 of the season like he did this year.

Jones=I liked but we did not use him. I don't think he will want to stay anyway with the way he was used this year. Would have been better to give him the carries instead of AP.

Kreutz has sucked for the last 2-3 years. He is a dumbass who broke Fred Taylor's jaw and gets steamrolled on running plays IMO. He has to go in the next couple years, this year if there is a viable option.

Garza is a great backup....maybe he is not the real problem on the OLine as I know I am not expert enough to know. I just know that Kreutz and Garza seem the most likely candidates for problems due to age and play....

I think some of them might take paycuts....especially since no one will pay them any more than the Bears will.

Urlacher-He is WAY overpaid and not delivering. He has had a big stupid mouth the last couple of years and is not playing like his contract calls for. If he won't take a cut and we don't get crushed with the cap, I say cut him, just like I said before this year started. He woud not be missed.

Dvoracek has been hurt every year he has been here, I am assuming he has a hefty contract. If he is cheap, great, he is worth keeping. If not, either cut him or reduce his contract unless he is going to kill the cap. Really, what has he done in the 3 years he has been here except keep the bench warm and look cool in his long hair?

Harris-He came on strong but not to the tune of his contract from what I know, although he might not have the contract I think he does as I am not an expert. If he is costing a ton and it does not kill the cap to dump him, DUMP HIM. He is said to have an aged body, has injury issues, and this year had personal issues. If he won't take a cut and we can, dump him before he sits on the team like a big worthless turd for 2/3 of the season like he did this year.

Jones=I liked but we did not use him. I don't think he will want to stay anyway with the way he was used this year. Would have been better to give him the carries instead of AP.

Kreutz has sucked for the last 2-3 years. He is a dumbass who broke Fred Taylor's jaw and gets steamrolled on running plays IMO. He has to go in the next couple years, this year if there is a viable option.

Garza is a great backup....maybe he is not the real problem on the OLine as I know I am not expert enough to know. I just know that Kreutz and Garza seem the most likely candidates for problems due to age and play....

How about you look up their damn contracts before you make stupid posts?