How to better utilize Olsen

jason

It seems that the coaching staff has decided that Olsen is a mismatch in certain situations, and those are the situations in which he'll be used. However, they have yet to explore the type of routes I saw Owen Daniels use against the Bears today.

Like a person first learning how to play chess, Turner sticks with what has worked before, seemingly never learning from his mistakes. Frankly, I'm amazed that any team in the league doesn't know that when the Bears are near the goal-line they are planning on spreading out Olsen and throwing either the jump-ball, fade, or slant to him simply because he is taller. The Texans' DBs showed today that taller is not all you need.

Next year I'd like to see Olsen used on more long drag routes underneath the coverage, deep slants, and deep crosses...not to mention the skinny post that seems perfectly designed for a player with Olsen's size and speed.

For that underneath stuff to work we need a passing game that makes safeties worry about more than 15 yards off the LOS. For those deep routes to work we'll need a QB that can throw the ball to him.

Agreed. I actually think that Orton has the arm strength to make the throws, but he lacks the accuracy.

Of course, it's hard to really know when 3/5 of the OL sucks and there is a good chance that Kyle is scared of being disabled on nearly every snap.

Agreed. I actually think that Orton has the arm strength to make the throws, but he lacks the accuracy.

Of course, it's hard to really know when 3/5 of the OL sucks and there is a good chance that Kyle is scared of being disabled on nearly every snap.

Orton was over 60% completion rate before the injury. He spoke of the biggest change he made this yr was to his footwork. The injury negated his footwork. I think he will look much better next fall when he returns healthy.

Peace :dabears

Good for Rex. I'll take Kyle over Rex anyday. Kyle finished with approx. 3000 yds, 18 TD, 12 ints, and 3 rushing TDs in 15 games with crap at WR. He will start next yr. Hopefully Angelo will give him some tools to use.

Forget the tools! How many times were receivers wide open downfield but he couldnt get him the bal?

How many times did it happen today?Not one reception all year over 30 yards?

Hester strength as a receiver is ability to run past defenders, but it doesnt matter because Kyle cant get the ball there.

Teams know how to play against kyle. Force him to throw deep or outs. He doesnt have the arm to do it. They didnt know this at the beginning of the year. Next year will be much worse.

AGAIN, you cant teach arm strength.

I want a franchise QB as much as you do, but Kyle just doesnt cut it.

Forget the tools! How many times were receivers wide open downfield but he couldnt get him the bal?

How many times did it happen today?Not one reception all year over 30 yards?

Hester strength as a receiver is ability to run past defenders, but it doesnt matter because Kyle cant get the ball there.

Teams know how to play against kyle. Force him to throw deep or outs. He doesnt have the arm to do it. They didnt know this at the beginning of the year. Next year will be much worse.

AGAIN, you cant teach arm strength.

I want a franchise QB as much as you do, but Kyle just doesnt cut it.

Hester had a catch for over 40 yds today. I thought you watched the game. ;)

Why are we arguing about QB??? You honestly see that as the problem on this team??? Our over-paid, over-hyped defense lost this games today as they did several of the games earlier this yr. The only team with more money spent on defense is Baltimore and they are a hell of alot better.

Hester had a catch for over 40 yds today. I thought you watched the game. ;)

Why are we arguing about QB??? You honestly see that as the problem on this team??? Our over-paid, over-hyped defense lost this games today as they did several of the games earlier this yr. The only team with more money spent on defense is Baltimore and they are a hell of alot better.

The pass for over fourty was a 10 yard throw and a 30 yard run. Kyle cant throw the ball 40 yards. Thats the problem.

You are correct. We need a pass rush from our end positions. I would keep Brown and Andersen, drop Ogey. Too much of the same thing.

Get a saftey (who can keep his responsibilities). Get more oline help.

I also think our defensive "scheme" is also responsible for the lack of production.

We need alot of help. I just think QB is one of the elements required.

The pass for over fourty was a 10 yard throw and a 30 yard run. Kyle cant throw the ball 40 yards. Thats the problem.

That is incorrect. We had the ball on the Houston 40 yd line. Hester ran a deep seem pass in the middle of the field and caught the ball on the 4 yd line. He was touched down at the 1 yd line.

Good for Rex. I'll take Kyle over Rex anyday. Kyle finished with approx. 3000 yds, 18 TD, 12 ints, and 3 rushing TDs in 15 games with crap at WR. He will start next yr. Hopefully Angelo will give him some tools to use.

I sure hope that the Bears dont go in to next season putting all their eggs in the Orton basket. they need some serious competition....whether it be a rookie or FA/trade.

Orton has done well this year but he couldnt hit a downfield pass to save his life. he's absolutely horrible at it.