Hass gone

Wesson44

Seahawks Add WR Mike Hass

by Ed Thompson of ScoutNFLNetwork.com, January 7, 2009 at 9:29pm ET

Mike Hass Profile

Scout.com has learned that former Chicago Bears wide receiver Mike Hass signed a two-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday.

Hass, who was released by the Bears at the end of August, had drawn early-season interest from both the Giants and the Seahawks. He was originally a sixth-round draft pick by the New Orleans Saints back in 2006.

Mike Hass Profile

Scout.com has learned that former Chicago Bears wide receiver Mike Hass signed a two-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday.

Hass, who was released by the Bears at the end of August, had drawn early-season interest from both the Giants and the Seahawks. He was originally a sixth-round draft pick by the New Orleans Saints back in 2006.

I really would be suprised if he gets significant playing time next yr. If he does, good for him. He was never going to get an opportunity here. Hell, Earl Bennett had a hard time getting on the field as a 3rd round pick.

Peace :dabears

I really would be suprised if he gets significant playing time next yr. If he does, good for him. He was never going to get an opportunity here. Hell, Earl Bennett had a hard time getting on the field as a 3rd round pick.

Yeah, thanks to the offensive juggernauts who were on the field this year, tearing up the league and keeping the young guys with great potential off the field. :rolleyes:

I don't see any reason why Haas couldn't win a starting job on the Seahawks roster. Their WRs are MUCH less impressive than the Bears' WRs.

Watch him get a starting job and eat up the Bears for about 8 catches and 100 yards next year...and every single catch will be on an inside slant route that is being guarded by a guy 10 yards off.

I don't see any reason why Haas couldn't win a starting job on the Seahawks roster. Their WRs are MUCH less impressive than the Bears' WRs.

Watch him get a starting job and eat up the Bears for about 8 catches and 100 yards next year...and every single catch will be on an inside slant route that is being guarded by a guy 10 yards off.

Man, talk about motivation to play. If Hass gets on the field against us he's going to be motivated out the wazoo! Too bad our "teaching" staff hasn't made any attempt to develop the younger WRs.

Deion Branch and Bobby Engram are much more impressive than anything on the Bears roster

Deion Branch and Bobby Engram are much more impressive than anything on the Bears roster

Branch had garbage stats this year even if you project him out for a full season.

Engram doesn't fall too much away.

Let's not forget that these two guys were in an offense many consider to be a high-flying, passing offense. Their QB is better. Their coaches are better. Their OL is better. And that's the best the WRs could do?

I'd say they are much less impressive than the Bears WRs.

Branch had garbage stats this year even if you project him out for a full season.

Let's not forget that these two guys were in an offense many consider to be a high-flying, passing offense. Their QB is better. Their coaches are better. Their OL is better. And that's the best the WRs could do?

Don't forget Hasselbeck was hurt most of the year.

Jason, you don't follow Seattle much, do you?

- Hasselback was hurt most of the year. Even when he was playing, he was hurt and trying to play through injury. I think he was actually injured initially in camp. As said elsewhere, Wallace is no Hesselback. Heck, Wallace is no Orton or Grossman.

- Not only did they suffer injury at QB, but they also dealt w/ injuries at the WR position. Engram missed the 1st month or so, and then returned, but was playing through injury and pain. Branch basically missed the first 10 weeks of the season, and also was slow in his return.

- this offense also dealt w/ injuries on the OL and at RB, where their top runner didn't even net 700 yards.

You can argue our WRs had a more sucessful season this year than Seattle, but that really isn't telling the whole story due to the injuries they suffered.

W/ that said, Engram is an UFA this year. Branch is a very good WR, but due to his history of injuries, is an unknown. Burleson has been a bust, and was injured most of this year too. Koren Robinson is not a long term answer, and likely not a short term one either. Colbert is actually a WR they added late that I like, but is most likely depth chart at best.

Hass actually does enter a situation where, if given a chance, could do something. I think key to Hass' chance will be if Seattle (a) lets Engram leave and (B) what their QB situation is, as I have read rumors they could look to trade Hasselbeck, though I can't understand why. But there is little question that Seattle does not have much at WR, and if Hass doesn't do anything there, maybe his not playing here wasn't all about the coaches.

...soon to be the leading TD catcher in SEA.

Good going Bears! You let another good WR go without even giving the kid a chance when it was apparent all your other options SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I hate this team's management and coaches...

Mike Hass Profile

Good going Bears! You let another good WR go without even giving the kid a chance when it was apparent all your other options SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I hate this team's management and coaches...

jebus christmas, quit being a drama mama everytime somethign like this happens.

Oh my god! That player will be the best evers now that the bears dont have him!!!!! OMGZZZZZ

He was on our practice squad the entire yr. Any team could have grabbed him. Seattle had multiple injuries to receivers and did not take him during the yr. I really wish him the best but I do not see him being ever more than a 4th or 5th receiver. If he has success, great for him.

I am more pissed that Bennett did not get more reps this yr. Based on the performance from our receivers, both Bennett and Rideau should have received extended playing time. If Haley, Wilkes, and Lee are gone, why the hell is Darryl Drake still around????

Jason, you don't follow Seattle much, do you?

- Hasselback was hurt most of the year. Even when he was playing, he was hurt and trying to play through injury. I think he was actually injured initially in camp. As said elsewhere, Wallace is no Hesselback. Heck, Wallace is no Orton or Grossman.

- Not only did they suffer injury at QB, but they also dealt w/ injuries at the WR position. Engram missed the 1st month or so, and then returned, but was playing through injury and pain. Branch basically missed the first 10 weeks of the season, and also was slow in his return.

- this offense also dealt w/ injuries on the OL and at RB, where their top runner didn't even net 700 yards.

You can argue our WRs had a more sucessful season this year than Seattle, but that really isn't telling the whole story due to the injuries they suffered.

W/ that said, Engram is an UFA this year. Branch is a very good WR, but due to his history of injuries, is an unknown. Burleson has been a bust, and was injured most of this year too. Koren Robinson is not a long term answer, and likely not a short term one either. Colbert is actually a WR they added late that I like, but is most likely depth chart at best.

Hass actually does enter a situation where, if given a chance, could do something. I think key to Hass' chance will be if Seattle (a) lets Engram leave and (B) what their QB situation is, as I have read rumors they could look to trade Hasselbeck, though I can't understand why. But there is little question that Seattle does not have much at WR, and if Hass doesn't do anything there, maybe his not playing here wasn't all about the coaches.

Plain and simple, I think that if you match up the WRs next to one another, it's very close. And, actually, I do follow them because one of my best friends lives in Seattle and we talk Seattle football all the time. I know about their injuries. Nonetheless...

Burleson - bust

Engram - solid (always have liked him)

Branch - overrated

Koren - garbage

Haas should be able to step in and contribute immediately, especially if they let Engram hit the free agent wire.

Plain and simple, I think that if you match up the WRs next to one another, it's very close. And, actually, I do follow them because one of my best friends lives in Seattle and we talk Seattle football all the time. I know about their injuries. Nonetheless...

Burleson - bust

Branch - overrated

Koren - garbage

Haas should be able to step in and contribute immediately, especially if they let Engram hit the free agent wire.

If their WR situation is so crappy, why didn't they grab him off our practice squad during the season???

If their WR situation is so crappy, why didn't they grab him off our practice squad during the season???

because they wanted real WRs like Keary Colbert who they traded for. If Hass didnt win the Belitnikof award, this discussion wouldnt even be taking place. Hass might be the next Wes Welker, but it is much more likely that he is the next failed great white WR out of college. It isnt as if the Bears are the only ones who gave up on him, and it isnt as if the Seahawks just told him he was going to be their number 1, or even their primary slot WR, he has an outside shot of making their team, and will probably be a practice squad guy for them too

My argument is not so much that this group is good, but that it is better than ours. I think you have an inflated impression of our WRs, as you have now placed our group ahead of both SF and Seattle's WRs. I have yet to see a team who has a group of WRs as poor as ours.

As for whether Haas should be able to contribute immediately, I will agree the barriers are not there to prevent him from doing just that. At the same time, I am not sold he will. The fringe WRs for the bears in the last few years have seemed to become like the backup QB for the bears, at least for the fans. I guess it is the same rationale. Since our starting QBs always seem to suck, fans always seem to fall in love w/ the backups. Same I suppose goes for WRs now. The group of Wrs we have been putting out there is so bad that any WR in a bear uniform not getting a chance must be better, and ends up becoming fan favorites.

I am not saying Haas didn't deserve a chance in Chicago. I am not saying he could not have done better. Nor am I saying he will not do wel in Seattle. I am saying I am far from certain.

Burleson - bust

Branch - overrated

Koren - garbage

My argument is not so much that this group is good, but that it is better than ours. I think you have an inflated impression of our WRs, as you have now placed our group ahead of both SF and Seattle's WRs. I have yet to see a team who has a group of WRs as poor as ours.

As for whether Haas should be able to contribute immediately, I will agree the barriers are not there to prevent him from doing just that. At the same time, I am not sold he will. The fringe WRs for the bears in the last few years have seemed to become like the backup QB for the bears, at least for the fans. I guess it is the same rationale. Since our starting QBs always seem to suck, fans always seem to fall in love w/ the backups. Same I suppose goes for WRs now. The group of Wrs we have been putting out there is so bad that any WR in a bear uniform not getting a chance must be better, and ends up becoming fan favorites.

I am not saying Haas didn't deserve a chance in Chicago. I am not saying he could not have done better. Nor am I saying he will not do wel in Seattle. I am saying I am far from certain.

QFT