Warren Sapp to work with Harris

GakMan23

I think this is great news. Hopefully Warren can straighten him out. I don't see how this can hurt.

Peace :dabears

First things first. I brought this up earlier this year about Smith bringing in Sapp as a Consultant to help this d line. WTF took him so long? Second, working with Tommie is great but what about working with Adams, Harrison (Who might be more Sapp like than any of them) Izzy and Dusty?

First things first. I brought this up earlier this year about Smith bringing in Sapp as a Consultant to help this d line. WTF took him so long? Second, working with Tommie is great but what about working with Adams, Harrison (Who might be more Sapp like than any of them) Izzy and Dusty?

Well, my guess is it is because Marinelli & Sapp have strong ties. I am not sure he would have done this for Lovie as he obviously would not have as strong a tie with a LBC from his former team, but Marinelli, that is a different story.

Sapp will work with Tommie, our 3tech DT. I am sure Marinelli will be working hard with the other players. Do you expect Sapp to coach the entire DL for the Bears? Marinelli has to do something to earn his check, LOL.

Just for the record, I think Sapp actually has very strong ties to Lovie. Sapp is on the Score all the time now, and has spoken of Lovie in such a way, well, I just think they are fairly close. Sapp would blast much of the team, but he always bit his tongue when it came to Lovie. He simply would not say jack critical of him, and I think a key reason is they have a friendship.

I agree this is an overdue move, yet at the same time, believe it is a great move. This is similar to when we had Dent working w/ the OL.

As to why Sapp would only work w/ Harris, I would make two points.

One, while Harris was mentioned, it is possible others will work w/ Sapp too, but the media simply see's Harris as the main aspect of the story, since he is the most similar to Sapp.

Two, As I said at the end of the previous point, Harris is supposed to be the Warren Sapp of our defense, so it makes sense he would most work w/ Harris.

At the same time, I would also add that Harrison and the rest could really benefit from being part of that little coaching clinic.

Well, my guess is it is because Marinelli & Sapp have strong ties. I am not sure he would have done this for Lovie as he obviously would not have as strong a tie with a LBC from his former team, but Marinelli, that is a different story.

Sapp will work with Tommie, our 3tech DT. I am sure Marinelli will be working hard with the other players. Do you expect Sapp to coach the entire DL for the Bears? Marinelli has to do something to earn his check, LOL.

Plenty of DT's have the same injury as Tommie and 99% of them are never the same. I hope this helps, but I don't think it's his technique or skill set that's slowing him down, just the injury itself.

99% ???????????

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration?

I doubt if we would have extended his contract as we did if we felt his injury was going to effect the remainder of his career. At least I would hope not.

Plenty of DT's have the same injury as Tommie and 99% of them are never the same. I hope this helps, but I don't think it's his technique or skill set that's slowing him down, just the injury itself.

Didn't I recall reading a couple years back that his injury was almost one-of-a-kind for NFL players?

Didn't I recall reading a couple years back that his injury was almost one-of-a-kind for NFL players?

John Jurkovic, former DT for Green Bay/Jacksonville/Cleveland, had the injury and he does radio in Chicago and he says he had the same injury and it's practically impossible to come back from and be your old self again.

John Jurkovic, former DT for Green Bay/Jacksonville/Cleveland, had the injury and he does radio in Chicago and he says he had the same injury and it's practically impossible to come back from and be your old self again.

If that is true the braintrust running the show here gave Tommie a contract making him one of the highest paid DL in the NFL and that speaks volumes...

What exactly was Harris' injury that makes it so unique to DTs? I assumed it was just the same old knee injuries everyone gets playing football.

If this is true, and I say IF for I do not necessarily trust these type of reports, then maybe instead of all the position coaches being replaced it is the medical staff advising Angelo that should be replaced.

Sounds great to me. Let's get Harris earning his $ this season!

What exactly was Harris' injury that makes it so unique to DTs? I assumed it was just the same old knee injuries everyone gets playing football.

If this is true, and I say IF for I do not necessarily trust these type of reports, then maybe instead of all the position coaches being replaced it is the medical staff advising Angelo that should be replaced.

Harris tore his hamstring off his bone. That isn't very common.

Harris tore his hamstring off his bone. That isn't very common.

Ouch!

I wonder why they call this a knee injury? Seems to me it is a hamstring injury not a knee injury?

Also, I have heard of players with groin injuries where the muscle is completely detached from the bone (now that sounds really painful) yet they recover and play without any significant drop off in play. I wonder why it would be different with the hamstring? Because of the size of the muscle involved? I am guessing. I certainly am not a professional in these matters.

Here is another article, some rehash, some new, from the Official Site article just posted:

Another Article about Warren Sapp & our DLC

He is also very complimentary of Lovie. In the last sentence of the article he gives a lot of credit to Lovie for the success of the Tampa Defense during his era and their championship year.

Good read, even if some is a rerun.

Ouch!

I wonder why they call this a knee injury? Seems to me it is a hamstring injury not a knee injury?

Also, I have heard of players with groin injuries where the muscle is completely detached from the bone (now that sounds really painful) yet they recover and play without any significant drop off in play. I wonder why it would be different with the hamstring? Because of the size of the muscle involved? I am guessing. I certainly am not a professional in these matters.

the hamstring injury ended his season in the Superbowl season. The knee injury came last year(07, not 08), and is just nagging.