BEARS GET CUTLER! - Official

DaBearSox

Seriously, there is no debate. We all love the punky QB, and he won us a SB, but all anyone has to do is look at the stats.

He was bigger than life, but statistically, Ortan was as good or better than Jimmy Mac.

Even though I absolutely agree with you, I was trying to avert a Jim McMahon argument.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is simply exciting and amazing!

I agree. Thats what I was thinking. You dont make a move like this and then just hope your O line/WR corps and defense hold up. This move leads me to believe that they are going to make a run immediately, not rebuild completely through the draft.

Go get 'em Jerry!

lol Even though I am not sure about the move, it sure as hell feels good to be excited about being in a major trade.

I guarantee you JA doesn't give a crap about 1st round picks and is happy as hell he can focus on finding his values in the later rounds.

It's funny, I was doing an unrelated Bears search right before class, and it came up with a link about Cutler to the Bears on some other Bears board and I assumed it was an April Fool's joke from yesterday. Then I noticed that it was just posted. Wild, wild stuff.

I'm not 100%, but I recall hearing he is doing great battling it. In fact, I think it got him in better shape than he's been in in the past...

This is FANTASTIC news....I remember seeing a story about how Cutler has Diabetes that came on later in life. I am not familiar with Audlt onset Diabetes but are there any concerns with that???

NO!!!!! Jimmy was better!

But, yeah...Cutler should be significantly better than Mad Mac!

Go Jay go!!!!

Seriously, there is no debate. We all love the punky QB, and he won us a SB, but all anyone has to do is look at the stats.

He was bigger than life, but statistically, Ortan was as good or better than Jimmy Mac.

The hits keep coming:

Bears | Pace agrees to terms

Share:

Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:34:27 -0700

ESPNews reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent OT Orlando Pace (Rams). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

This is FANTASTIC news....I remember seeing a story about how Cutler has Diabetes that came on later in life. I am not familiar with Audlt onset Diabetes but are there any concerns with that???

He lost a lot of weight before he was diagnosed. SInce he found out he has it and has treated it he has been fine.

There certainly are some concerns with that, I'd say it may well affect the longevity of his career, and it might not be the greatest thing in Chicago December weather. But last year, he finally was receiving treatment for it and he was responding to it very, very well.

I just got 4 texts in a row that said the deal is agreed in principle???

It might have been pricey, but freak yes. Single handedly this is the greatest move in franchise history in terms of excitement. I've never been so pumped up about a move in my life as a Bears fan (albeit I'm only 25). But wow, a franchise QB, sure he has some things to prove but he threw for 4500+ yards and made a pro bowl and is not even in his prime yet. And if Lovie shits the bed this year, hello Shanny, hello Shanny.

On top of it Pace signs and now I have to think the Bears become players for Holt to go with whomever they draft. Unbelievable. Someone link me, I want to buy his jersey right now. Oh my god. WOW. Upon finding out about the move, I called all my friends who talked shit on the Bears QBs and told them to freak off cause Cutler is the shit and than went on to run up and down my street yelling woo wooo wooo. And no, I'm not a Cubs fan so it takes a lot for me to go woo wooo wooo.

I had a feeling that Angelo wasn't going to let this opportunity pass by if he could help it.

WOW! This is an amazing feeling. When I first read about it, I got all dizzy - kinda like the exact opposite of a panic attack.

And we signed Pace!

Anyone still have any problem with Angelo's offseason? :cheers

I'm feeling a little sick hearted right now that we just gave up so much for someone that I'm not convinced was significantly better than Orton and is apparently a bit of a baby. It's ironic that right in the middle of doing the best job of developing a QB since Jimmy Mac we trade him away. But that's life. Cutler grew up a Bears fan right? I'll just keep thinking about that. Meanwhile, let's all make a pact to be supportive of Cutler... as long as he plays with character and leaves his childish brooding behind. We booted Cedric out of town for that crap.

By the way, type II (adult onset) diabetes should not affect his longevity since the typical Qb doesn't play past 35 anyway. I'm not a doctor though.

I'm feeling a little sick hearted right now that we just gave up so much for someone that I'm not convinced was significantly better than Orton and is apparently a bit of a baby. It's ironic that right in the middle of doing the best job of developing a QB since Jimmy Mac we trade him away. But that's life. Cutler grew up a Bears fan right? I'll just keep thinking about that. Meanwhile, let's all make a pact to be supportive of Cutler... as long as he plays with character and leaves his childish brooding behind. We booted Cedric out of town for that crap.

go hang out on the cubs board wet blanket

Yeah baby!!! Greatest day to be in Illinois (Cutler traded for, Pace signed, and Blagojevich indited).

It may be a little to early to mention, but I think some people need to eat some crow that said this would never happen :)

Just think of the boost this will send through the hole team!!!!

My bib is on and mouth is waterin'! I hope it's all you can eat!!! ;)

Yeah baby!!! Greatest day to be in Illinois (Cutler traded for, Pace signed, and Blagojevich indited).

It may be a little to early to mention, but I think some people need to eat some crow that said this would never happen :)

Just think of the boost this will send through the hole team!!!!

HOLY SHNIKIES

:bears :dabears :cheers :snr :drink :headbang :notworthy :o

With all the boring goings on lately then I pop in to see if anything is new and my jaw is still stuck to the floor.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me this isn't some lame delayed April Fools joke Did we actually go after and aquire a pro bowl caliber QB???? This is still Chicago isn't it? holy crap...... I cannot friggin belive this. I wanted this to happen and I cant believe it actually happened. Imagine if you will, Bears opening day, Bears first offensive possession and out on the field walks Jay Cutler, behind him is Matt Forte, in front of him is a solidified O-Line, to his right and left are recievers who actually have a shot of making an impact on the game. If I'm Hester, or Olsen, or Clark, or Davis, or anyone else in the TE WR position I am jumping with joy and chomping at the bit to get the workouts started. Man this is good news. Things are starting to come together. I'm not even going to tarnish this post with any hint of pessimism. Today the Bears did what I would imagine few (ourselves included) thought we'd actually do.

Go Bears!!!