Plaxico?

dawhizz

He had a gun b/c his teamate just got mugged...then he shot himself....

we'll see who finds this a character issue or not...

Or, he could have gone with either of the following options:

A] Hire a bodyguard with the millions of dollars he has

B] Don't hang out late at night in places that would typically require someone to be constantly on guard

Or, he could have gone with either of the following options:

A] Hire a bodyguard with the millions of dollars he has

B] Don't hang out late at night in places that would typically require someone to be constantly on guard

C. Don't wear sweatpants at the club.

I just remember when his Pitts peeps called him Plexiglass.

Whaaahahahahahashahahahaha

pass

I don't think anyone in New York would call him Plexi Glass, he played hurt and played well throughout his tenure in New York. In fact, I would be absolutely freakin thrilled if the Bears signed Plaxico. The question is whether he's going to spend time in prison and whether he'll face any suspensions. The guy was an idiot who shot himself, he had no other negative runs in that I'm aware of (but maybe I'm wrong). In fact, I guarantee if you polled NFL players you'd find that a very high percentage carry a firearm.

I'm not quite certain how with a good attorney, shooting yourself in the foot is going to give you a ton of jail time.

He was carrying a concealed weapon, and the gun he was carrying was unlicensed. I read that in NY that's a felony offense with minimum 3.5 years time.

I dug this up from an ESPN article regarding his release.

A little more than a week ago, Umenyiora predicted that Burress would reach a plea agreement and not get jail time.

However, the prosecution's reported desire to require Burress serve some jail time as part of any deal seemingly ended his chances of playing for the Giants next season.

My guess is he'll do a minimal amount of jail time and if he can reach some sort of plea you could get him signed and get him in by July or so than you'd be in business. I guess the one problem with Plax is there is so much questions that no one is going to sign him anytime soon unless he can reach a plea deal of sorts. Because of that he probably won't be a goo dfit for the Bears, so they'll draft a WR now if they don't sign someone by the draft, but could always go out and pick up Burress later in the year since they have the cap room and really have a sick WR corps.

Clearly Burress is stupid carrying a gun like he was. They do make holsters for a reason, even those that fit a concealed weapon inside a boot. What worries just as much is the selfish behavior he was exhibiting prior to shooting himself. He missed a couple practices just because he felt like it. One of his "excuses" was that he needed to take his son to school. This from a guy who just signed a $35million contract. Call a limo. Then when he was suspended he said he didn't mind the time off at all. Prior to the Superbowl (and contract extension) he was a good teammate.

From a talent standpoint he's exactly what we need. From a locker room standpoint he's not what we need unless we can get good Plax. Recall Cutler calling out Marshall for his poor behavior a year ago (when he cut his arm). That caused a bit of acrimony on the team because some players felt Cutler was being too harsh and didn't need to say that publicly. This offseason Cutler again made it clear he's not afraid to speak his mind. If Plax gets his legal issues resolved and JA/Lovie are interested in bringing him in the first thing they need to do is sit down with Cutler and get his opinion.

On paper, adding Plaxico would be the piece that would make the Bears look like the best team in the league. Moves like this leave pre-season prognosticators drooling all over themselves.

Yet I would say no to this due to the "Daniel Snyder" effect.

What I mean by this, is teams can make the next step by adding a player or two. You never see teams that go crazy with off-season moves and have success. Before we need to spend big money on a WR, we need to find out exactly what we have. How good is Hester, Olsen & Bennett. Statistically they appear to be mediocre, but how damn good were Eddie Royal & Brandon Marshall last season? Either there two of the best WR's in the league, or Cutler made them look one helluva a lot better. Does Marshall go for almost 1300 yards with Kyle Orton? Does Royal approach 1000? Does Brandon Stokely come close to 600? My guess is "hell no."

Olsen's a #1 draft pick, Hester a #2, Bennett's a #3. We owe it to them and to ourselves to find out what they can do before we go crazy shopping for WR's.

On paper, adding Plaxico would be the piece that would make the Bears look like the best team in the league. Moves like this leave pre-season prognosticators drooling all over themselves.

What I mean by this, is teams can make the next step by adding a player or two. You never see teams that go crazy with off-season moves and have success. Before we need to spend big money on a WR, we need to find out exactly what we have. How good is Hester, Olsen & Bennett. Statistically they appear to be mediocre, but how damn good were Eddie Royal & Brandon Marshall last season? Either there two of the best WR's in the league, or Cutler made them look one helluva a lot better. Does Marshall go for almost 1300 yards with Kyle Orton? Does Royal approach 1000? Does Brandon Stokely come close to 600? My guess is "hell no."

Olsen's a #1 draft pick, Hester a #2, Bennett's a #3. We owe it to them and to ourselves to find out what they can do before we go crazy shopping for WR's.

DING!DING!DING! We have a winner! I've been saying this all along. I hate the fact that a lot of our picks haven't had the chance to see the field.

I do agree, but look at what New England has been doing lately and theyre contenders every year.

I realize the Patriots two years ago didn't win the superbowl, but they got Welker and Moss and tore off one of the greatest seasons in NFL History. The Eagles traded for Owens and went to the superbowl. You can make a big move or two and do well.

Even with that...the Bears #3 WR still winds up being Rashied Davis, correct?

I want to see those guys get their shots as much as you do, but there still is room for an addition. I'm not sure if Plax is the right move/fit, I think a check-down, possession receiver would be even more effective, but the Bears have room to add without blocking those guys.

Even with that...the Bears #3 WR still winds up being Rashied Davis, correct?

1. Don't forget that we played Greg Olsen in the slight sometimes last year. With Des Clark around and Kellen Davis looking like a stud, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw more of that.

2. There's also a ton of pretty good WR's without a home. Matt Jones & D.J. Hackett both have talent, and we could do worse then to bring Brandon Lloyd back.

3. Is there anyone here who doesn't think we'll draft a WR in rounds 2 or 3? Whoever that is will be in the mix.