Cutler's Press Conference on CSN Live @ 5:00 CT

Bears4Ever_34

Interesting, Bears almost had the deal done with just one 1st rounder, but the Redskins came in and offered two and at that point the Bears had to step up there offer.

Hub Arkush was on the Score and said the deal was practically done as Cutler for 09 1st, 09 3rd and Orton... like moments from sending in the papers. Then of course Daniel Snyder came in and offered Campbell, 09 1st, 10 1st, and for about 30 minutes, that was the deal that was going to happen.

Angelo said "f*** that" and came back and added the extra 1st and the Broncos tossed in a 5th.

Apparently all the above happened in about an hour and it was a go from there.

Also, if anyone thinks the Bears gave up too much, think of it this way. Stafford is the top QB in this draft and is supposed to have similar tools to that of Cutler. Cutler has proven it in the NFL, Stafford hasn't, yet the package the Bears gave up wouldn't be enough (per the draft value chart) to get the #1 overall pick. On top of it, Stafford would be making more money than Cutler currently is and even though the Bears will have to extend Cutler, he'll at least have proven something before you sink in 60+ mill (probably closer to 100M).

A dream come true to Jay Cutler and a dream come true to Bears fans. Could there have been a better guy to become our franchise QB, I think not. The guy sounds humble, classy, and smart and he has a freakin rocketship of an arm.

Only one of 4 QB's in the last two years with over 8000 passing yards and 40 TD's and that was in his first two full seasons. Beautiful.

Amen!!!!

JAY CULTER IS OUR QUARTERBACK!!!!

A dream come true to Jay Cutler and a dream come true to Bears fans. Could there have been a better guy to become our franchise QB, I think not. The guy sounds humble, classy, and smart and he has a freakin rocketship of an arm.

Only one of 4 QB's in the last two years with over 8000 passing yards and 40 TD's and that was in his first two full seasons. Beautiful.

I liked what Lovie said to try and temper expectations and at the same time just said I'm asking him to be one of the teammates. That should work well in getting Jay to fit in real well. Can't wait till monday when the players get to see first hand what Cutler is capable of. Angelo is freakin impressing me today in the press conference. Did you guys see his grin when talking about Pace?

I also think that the Bears brass is shocked by how vocal the Bears fan base really is and that they might have awoke a sleeping giant. I know we had our superbowl run that was the talk of town but even than you had all the negativity surrounding Grossman during the 2nd half of the season where as now all you have is 10000% positivity.

I loved JA's comments about the fan on Sirius radio who was so giddy he couldn't even talk!

I think he gets it!

I liked what Lovie said to try and temper expectations and at the same time just said I'm asking him to be one of the teammates. That should work well in getting Jay to fit in real well. Can't wait till monday when the players get to see first hand what Cutler is capable of. Angelo is freakin impressing me today in the press conference. Did you guys see his grin when talking about Pace?

I also think that the Bears brass is shocked by how vocal the Bears fan base really is and that they might have awoke a sleeping giant. I know we had our superbowl run that was the talk of town but even than you had all the negativity surrounding Grossman during the 2nd half of the season where as now all you have is 10000% positivity.

Also, if anyone thinks the Bears gave up too much, think of it this way. Stafford is the top QB in this draft and is supposed to have similar tools to that of Cutler. Cutler has proven it in the NFL, Stafford hasn't, yet the package the Bears gave up wouldn't be enough (per the draft value chart) to get the #1 overall pick. On top of it, Stafford would be making more money than Cutler currently is and even though the Bears will have to extend Cutler, he'll at least have proven something before you sink in 60+ mill (probably closer to 100M).

How do you put a price tag on a mid-20's Pro Bowl QB? You also can't really add all those up and say they are the same value. Think of it this way, figuring the Bears are at least making the playoffs this year, they will more than likely give Denver a pick in the 20's next year (hopefully 32). So pick #18 and a pick in the 20's. Take a look at the last 10 years of drafts, and count the Pro Bowlers between picks 18-32. There have been 29 players selected for the Pro Bowl who were selected from pick 18-32 in the last 10 years out of a total of 147 picks. That is 19.7%. So 1 in 5 are Pro Bowlers, and that counts 1 selection at any point in their careers. So there are actually way less perennial Pro Bowlers. The odds are against teams finding Pro Bowl talent with every 1st round pick.

How do you put a price tag on a mid-20's Pro Bowl QB? You also can't really add all those up and say they are the same value. Think of it this way, figuring the Bears are at least making the playoffs this year, they will more than likely give Denver a pick in the 20's next year (hopefully 32). So pick #18 and a pick in the 20's. Take a look at the last 10 years of drafts, and count the Pro Bowlers between picks 18-32. There have been 29 players selected for the Pro Bowl who were selected from pick 18-32 in the last 10 years out of a total of 147 picks. That is 19.7%. So 1 in 5 are Pro Bowlers, and that counts 1 selection at any point in their careers. So there are actually way less perennial Pro Bowlers. The odds are against teams finding Pro Bowl talent with every 1st round pick.

Wow! I'm not nuch much of a stat guy, but damn that was a great one. 1 in 5 1st rounders make the pro bowl... I wonder what the stat is on 1st round QB's???? IMO - that validates the price tag.

Wow! I'm not nuch much of a stat guy, but damn that was a great one. 1 in 5 1st rounders make the pro bowl... I wonder what the stat is on 1st round QB's???? IMO - that validates the price tag.

The Tribune had a nice article today about this saying how much of a great move this was considering the fact that JA hasn't had much luck drafting offense, much less drafting offensively. This deal plus the other additions that JA has made will provide him the ability to mainly focus on his speciality, defense. Of course the same article said how important it will be for him to get these picks right considering the lack of picks and the lack of receivers to throw to. He also agrees that Hester and Bennett could have great years.

Side Note: Mcdaniels wore a frickin hoody for his press conference in Denver; what a choad! He really did learn from that no-class belichick!

Everyone at the Bears press conference was wearing a nice suit but that is what one expects from a Class Organization!

Also, the local sports radio host "Mike Evans & co" were saying that Cutler would bad mouth Denver at his press conference when in fact he showed maturity and class and would not elaborate on the details other than I know there are thing both side wish they would have done differently but that is in the past and I am a BEAR!!

Side Note: Mcdaniels wore a frickin hoody for his press conference in Denver; what a choad! He really did learn from that no-class belichick!

Everyone at the Bears press conference was wearing a nice suit but that is what one expects from a Class Organization!

Also, the local sports radio host "Mike Evans & co" were saying that Cutler would bad mouth Denver at his press conference when in fact he showed maturity and class and would not elaborate on the details other than I know there are thing both side wish they would have done differently but that is in the past and I am a BEAR!!

Well, he does come from the New England Patriot/Bill Belichick School of Fashion.