New Mock with Cutler trade

Ed Hochuli 3:16

2. Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma

---I love this guy. For some reason, I think he'd fit in well here.

3. Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin

---A DE for Marinelli to toy with.

4. Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Houston

---Pace is old and often injured, and who knows about Williams. OT is still a ened.

5. Chip Vaughn, S, Wake Forest

---S depth to go with Earl, Bowman, Manning, Steltz, and Bullocks.

5. Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State

---Walterfootball and I agree- this guy has so much pure talent it's ridiculous.

6. Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

---Best FB in the draft, IMO.

7. Jeremy Childs, WR, Boise State

---WR depth.

7. John Gill, DT, Northwestern

---DT depth and the FO likes him.

Thoughts?

Iglesias, Shaughnessy, and Vollmer are all bad to terrible picks.

I love Vaughn and Francis, and would be ecstatic if we get them both in the 5th, but I highly doubt either of them make it past the 3rd round of the draft, especially Francis.

The rest is just a crap shoot.

2. Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma

---I love this guy. For some reason, I think he'd fit in well here.

3. Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin

---A DE for Marinelli to toy with.

4. Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Houston

---Pace is old and often injured, and who knows about Williams. OT is still a ened.

5. Chip Vaughn, S, Wake Forest

---S depth to go with Earl, Bowman, Manning, Steltz, and Bullocks.

5. Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State

---Walterfootball and I agree- this guy has so much pure talent it's ridiculous.

6. Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

---Best FB in the draft, IMO.

7. Jeremy Childs, WR, Boise State

---WR depth.

7. John Gill, DT, Northwestern

---DT depth and the FO likes him.

Thoughts?

I think there are several receivers that would fit us and Iglesias is as good as any. Matt S/Wisc isnt know to have much quickness with his first step, so there are better choices at that spot. You dont address our glaring 2nd worst weakness at saftey till the 5 round and I would bet one of our first two picks is a FS. The rest is all a helpful draft for the team. Mine would be:

2-Bryd/FS/Oregon-----------------29PB-12 It in the last two years

3-Massaquoi/WR/Geo--------------2 year team captain,blocker,improved every year

4-Follett/OLB/Cal-------------------leading tackler 3 years, 23TFLs,10.5 Sacks, 4 PB, 5FFs

5a-Melton/DE/Tex------------------former rb, quick, fast, big upside

5b-Gardner/OT/GT-----------------3 year starter, good RB, long arms

6-Gill/DT/NW------------------------atheletic starter

7a-Orenberger/OG/PS----------------overachiever, productive

7b-Afalava/SS/OS---------------------good size and speed

I think there are several receivers that would fit us and Iglesias is as good as any. Matt S/Wisc isnt know to have much quickness with his first step, so there are better choices at that spot. You dont address our glaring 2nd worst weakness at saftey till the 5 round and I would bet one of our first two picks is a FS. The rest is all a helpful draft for the team. Mine would be:

2-Bryd/FS/Oregon-----------------29PB-12 It in the last two years

3-Massaquoi/WR/Geo--------------2 year team captain,blocker,improved every year

4-Follett/OLB/Cal-------------------leading tackler 3 years, 23TFLs,10.5 Sacks, 4 PB, 5FFs

5a-Melton/DE/Tex------------------former rb, quick, fast, big upside

5b-Gardner/OT/GT-----------------3 year starter, good RB, long arms

6-Gill/DT/NW------------------------atheletic starter

7a-Orenberger/OG/PS----------------overachiever, productive

7b-Afalava/SS/OS---------------------good size and speed

I like your draft. The one problem we have is that our 3rd Rd pick is basically a pick at the beginning of the 4th Rd. I don't think Massaquoi will be there when we pick. I know we need a FS and can easily see Byrd being our pick in Rd 2 for that purpose. If JA is really intent on finding another WR for Cutler then he's going to have to make another trade to get back up to the first half of the third. I have no clue what he gives up to get there but I could see another player being traded.

I'll throw out trading Kellen Davis and some combination of picks to get back into the first half of the third. He doesn't fit the blocking TE role we need so why not move him out while we still have Olsen and Clark playing well and then draft or sign a FA TE who is more of a blocking type. IIRC Davis had the talent to be a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick last year but concerns over his character and inconsistent performance put him in the 5th Rd. He got on the field a bit last year and someone might be willing to take on his potential.

I like your draft. The one problem we have is that our 3rd Rd pick is basically a pick at the beginning of the 4th Rd. I don't think Massaquoi will be there when we pick. I know we need a FS and can easily see Byrd being our pick in Rd 2 for that purpose. If JA is really intent on finding another WR for Cutler then he's going to have to make another trade to get back up to the first half of the third. I have no clue what he gives up to get there but I could see another player being traded.

I'll throw out trading Kellen Davis and some combination of picks to get back into the first half of the third. He doesn't fit the blocking TE role we need so why not move him out while we still have Olsen and Clark playing well and then draft or sign a FA TE who is more of a blocking type. IIRC Davis had the talent to be a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick last year but concerns over his character and inconsistent performance put him in the 5th Rd. He got on the field a bit last year and someone might be willing to take on his potential.

I am big into the draft and there is only a couple of mock drafts that have in going before the 3rd round. I was kinda going by Scouts player ranking as a basis of my draft and he is the 115th ranked player which puts him in our pick spot. Also 19th ranked Wr.

I am big into the draft and there is only a couple of mock drafts that have in going before the 3rd round. I was kinda going by Scouts player ranking as a basis of my draft and he is the 115th ranked player which puts him in our pick spot. Also 19th ranked Wr.

You might be right but considering the need we have at this position I don't think we can take the risk of waiting that long. We're are right on the cusp of where you pick up developmental prospects. Right now we have Hester, Bennett, Davis as our WR, that's it. If we could get Holt that would help immensely but we don't appear to even be in the running for him. After him the FA dropoff is significant. If we're going to fill this position right JA will have to be bold again and move up to go get his player.