SUPER BOWL

Ed Hochuli 3:16

If you ask me, we have a real shot to get back. No team in the conference got significantly better. The Saints have no defense, the Vikings have no QB, the Packers changed defenses, the Cowboys always struggle, the Giants are without Eli's main man now in Burress, McNabb could be unhappy since he still hasn't gotten a WR or a new contract, and the Panthers are overrated and could be without Peppers (could be traded) and Delhomme (too old and he isn't what he used to be).

Last year, with a medicore QB, a bad OL, bad WR's, and a medicore D, we won 9 games. Now, we have a stud QB, which opens up huge holes for Forte. Olsen and Hester are going to be in heaven when they get out there now, and I think Bennett will have a very good year.

I don't see how the defense can be much worse. Urlacher says he feels great and I'd love to hear how Harris is doing after an offseason with Sapp and Marinelli. I know our S's don't look like much, but I think Vasher's game at CB has to improve, right? I think Harrison will continue to grow into a good player.

The 2 biggest questions:

1. The S's.

2. Bennett.

If the S's are just solid, all they have to be is solid, and if Bennett has a solid year, I think we can get back to Miami.

The Superbowl is a two-week event. Chicago won't be on the host city list very often simply because there aren't many outdoors things people can do. For starters I don't know what they'd do with the NFL Experience sideshow. I guess it could be moved indoors. Beyond that, when the Superbowl is here in AZ there are a lot of activities all around our state designed to entertain Superbowl guests. It's not just weather on game day they worry about it, it's the entire week leading up to the game.

Lets not get carried away here. This move has putt a huge buzz into the offseason but we got better at qb THATS IT. we have 1 OT whos barely played and another who has been hurt the last 3 seasons. we have done nothing to improve the worst wr crew in the league. on d we added an average at best s and need another lb and the only thing weve done with the line is add a new position coach and move idonije back to dl. theres still a lot of work to be done.

Lets not get carried away here. This move has putt a huge buzz into the offseason but we got better at qb THATS IT. we have 1 OT whos barely played and another who has been hurt the last 3 seasons. we have done nothing to improve the worst wr crew in the league. on d we added an average at best s and need another lb and the only thing weve done with the line is add a new position coach and move idonije back to dl. theres still a lot of work to be done.

You must beleive in this team We should have been 12-4 last year with three games we should have won and lost by 9 points total. Now that we have a QB that is something like 15-1 when the defense holds the other team to 21 points and below(and our D is better than the Broncos) new, younger Olinemen and picking up a WR or two that can catch, a FS and we are good.

You must beleive in this team We should have been 12-4 last year with three games we should have won and lost by 9 points total. Now that we have a QB that is something like 15-1 when the defense holds the other team to 21 points and below(and our D is better than the Broncos) new, younger Olinemen and picking up a WR or two that can catch, a FS and we are good.

I somewhat agree. I can't quite say SB yet. I am not satisfied with the Defense mainly at this point as they must play better otherwise it won't matter what Cutler does. I know our D is helluva lot better than Broncos was but they have to play better. 1 thing that will definetely help is knowing that you won't constantly be put in 3 & out situations all the time. We need to draft a WR, OL and a S. I would prefer the Safety from ND. I want a WR that can go up and get up. Don't really need a speed guy as we have that currently.

If you ask me, we have a real shot to get back. No team in the conference got significantly better. The Saints have no defense, the Vikings have no QB, the Packers changed defenses, the Cowboys always struggle, the Giants are without Eli's main man now in Burress, McNabb could be unhappy since he still hasn't gotten a WR or a new contract, and the Panthers are overrated and could be without Peppers (could be traded) and Delhomme (too old and he isn't what he used to be).

Last year, with a medicore QB, a bad OL, bad WR's, and a medicore D, we won 9 games. Now, we have a stud QB, which opens up huge holes for Forte. Olsen and Hester are going to be in heaven when they get out there now, and I think Bennett will have a very good year.

I don't see how the defense can be much worse. Urlacher says he feels great and I'd love to hear how Harris is doing after an offseason with Sapp and Marinelli. I know our S's don't look like much, but I think Vasher's game at CB has to improve, right? I think Harrison will continue to grow into a good player.

The 2 biggest questions:

1. The S's.

2. Bennett.

If the S's are just solid, all they have to be is solid, and if Bennett has a solid year, I think we can get back to Miami.

I think our offense will be better but we aint going anywhere unless our defense is vastly improved. Hopefully we find a free saftey, and a pass rush.

I believe I just think theres still a lot of ???. That said turnarounds happen quick these days

just looked it up and found it interesting that it will be in Miami again, and it will also be on my Birthday 2/7/09 in which I will turn 21 for the 12th straight year. All I want for my Birthday is to celebrate by watching my Bears hoist the Lombardi trophy. If I get nothing else for my birthday that would be sufficient.

Interesting also that our last trip to the Super Bowl we had a gunslinger type QB in Rex. Jay is similar in style but I'd say more mobile, taller, smarter, and more consistent. That season was Berrian's coming out party. Could this season be Bennets, Hesters, Olsens, etc.

I don't think we should think too seriously about Super Bowl when training camp hasn't even started. But we have much to be excited about. I can hardly wait for the first preseason game. If nothing else this has certainly breathed some much needed life into the Bears and us as fans. Up until 4/2/09 this was shaping up to be an extremely boring FA period where I figured the highlight would be the build up to the draft, followed by an assessment of of said draft. If this move pans out and he becomes our stable QB that we have been looking for for decades 4/2 may just become a Chicago holiday known as Jay Cutler day. The excitement everywhere and it's contagious. This pans out and we as Bears fans will need to think differently when it comes to offense. We are not used to our QB leading the team with any consistency or longevity. We all know that list too well and we are used to our QB's letting us down, it hinders our ability to think positively when it comes to that position. We are so accustomed to failure that any success we enjoy is accompanied by the thought in the back of our minds, when does the clock strike midnight and when does our our QB turn back into a pumpkin. This could be the point in time when that mindset is replaced with one of expectation.

The Superbowl is a two-week event. Chicago won't be on the host city list very often simply because there aren't many outdoors things people can do. For starters I don't know what they'd do with the NFL Experience sideshow. I guess it could be moved indoors. Beyond that, when the Superbowl is here in AZ there are a lot of activities all around our state designed to entertain Superbowl guests. It's not just weather on game day they worry about it, it's the entire week leading up to the game.

You ever heard of McCormick Place???? They could do all the NFL Experience stuff in there easily. My opinion from day 1 is they should have gutted the interior of Soldier field and left the outside rim. Bring the ground level up to the bottom of the columnades and put underground parking underneath with a park above. In the parking lot south of Soldier they should have built a 80k seat retractable dome to host the final four, SB, etc. One condition - the roof could never be used during a Bears game. ;)

Peace :dabears

You ever heard of McCormick Place???? They could do all the NFL Experience stuff in there easily. My opinion from day 1 is they should have gutted the interior of Soldier field and left the outside rim. Bring the ground level up to the bottom of the columnades and put underground parking underneath with a park above. In the parking lot south of Soldier they should have built a 80k seat retractable dome to host the final four, SB, etc. One condition - the roof could never be used during a Bears game. ;)

That makes no sense at all.

I'm only telling you what league officials say when they are out here. Weather is a big deal for them. It's not just being outdoors for the NFL Experience but you gotta get there too. That includes thousands of people flying in from all over the country during Superbowl week. Not just major airlines, you get enough private jets to fill up the tarmac at several regional airports. People don't want to spend thousands and then have their flight canceled or delayed.

I'm only telling you what league officials say when they are out here. Weather is a big deal for them. It's not just being outdoors for the NFL Experience but you gotta get there too. That includes thousands of people flying in from all over the country during Superbowl week. Not just major airlines, you get enough private jets to fill up the tarmac at several regional airports. People don't want to spend thousands and then have their flight canceled or delayed.

People don't want to spend thousands and then have their flight canceled or delayed. If we had home field advantage and won the SuperBowl who as a fan would care if you we delayed for an hour or two. Me I would still be druck off the Bears Koolaid and would care