Favre released by Jets

madlithuanian

I read a few posts on the internet from PFT, and the Trib about Favre being released by the Jets. And therefore some of these writers are speculating he'll land in Minny next.

1. I do not think he'll un-retire yet again.

2. If he does, I relish the thought! I'd love 2 more chances to send him into permanant retirement! He proved last year he can no longer be effective for a full season. While he may light things up for 8 weeks, he'll falter down the stretch.

I'll take Cutler any day over that over-the-hill, over-rated Wrangler peddling bum!

PS - If he does un-retire, do we assume so will Madden?

2. If he does, I relish the thought! I'd love 2 more chances to send him into permanant retirement! He proved last year he can no longer be effective for a full season. While he may light things up for 8 weeks, he'll falter down the stretch.

While I am not going to say he would be great, I would say this. While he didn't look that great in NYJ, I think he did show he can still play. Further, put him on Minny, and that could be a tad worrisome. He would be behind potentially the best OL in the NFL. W/ the ability to hand off to AP, few teams will be able to focus on Farve, either blitzing him or helping in coverage. And I don't even want to think was Favre could do for Berrian, not to mention Harvin.

Favre may no longer have "it" but in Minny, he may come as close as possible to finding "it" again.

Like I mentioned, he'd probably light it up for maybe 8 games, and I really would be concerned about a game in that stretch...but down the road, he'll start tanking. If I recall correctly, I thought he was also due for some surgery if he intended to play this season.

Sure, he makes Minny better. But, we're better too. And if it happens, I would still relish the chance to take it to him 2 more times!

While I am not going to say he would be great, I would say this. While he didn't look that great in NYJ, I think he did show he can still play. Further, put him on Minny, and that could be a tad worrisome. He would be behind potentially the best OL in the NFL. W/ the ability to hand off to AP, few teams will be able to focus on Farve, either blitzing him or helping in coverage. And I don't even want to think was Favre could do for Berrian, not to mention Harvin.

Favre may no longer have "it" but in Minny, he may come as close as possible to finding "it" again.

i agree:

I think Farve could do well in Minny if his injury has healed. Before the injury he played well. He did put up 6 TD's against someone(i think St Louis which helped), but with everything around him in Minny he could be good maybe great. Evrything would be dependent on the injury. and if he got invloved early in the training and mini camps

My gut feeling is that the game's premier diva will come back to Minny as expected last year.

Here's hoping we can send him to the hospital fair and square if he returns!!! We'd have 2 shots at making him wish he never decided to play again.

Man, I never thought I'd say this, but as long as it doesn't impact the divisional standings...I'd probably root for Green Bay for 2 games this year if this becomes reality.

My gut feeling is that the game's premier diva will come back to Minny as expected last year.

Here's hoping we can send him to the hospital fair and square if he returns!!! We'd have 2 shots at making him wish he never decided to play again.

Man, I never thought I'd say this, but as long as it doesn't impact the divisional standings...I'd probably root for Green Bay for 2 games this year if this becomes reality.

I am loving this. I hope he does come back because you know the Packers and our D would love a chance to put him into permanent retirement. There are some rumors out there they say the reason Favre is thinking about Minny is because he wants revenge against the Pack. lol. Also considering the fact that Favre sucks in dome games. I can't find out what the stats are unless I had a lot of time to go through all the stats.

I hear ya!

Actually, I think Minny has a winning record agasint us historically. So, even more reason to hate them!

I am loving this. I hope he does come back because you know the Packers and our D would love a chance to put him into permanent retirement. There are some rumors out there they say the reason Favre is thinking about Minny is because he wants revenge against the Pack. lol. Also considering the fact that Favre sucks in dome games. I can't find out what the stats are unless I had a lot of time to go through all the stats.

If he comes to Minny, I think they should be preseason favorites to win the North. Last year, they were a QB away from possibly getting to the Super Bowl. Favre, after getting to 9-3 or 9-4 last year, was then asked to lay off the run and start throwing, which ended up leading to his downfall in NY.

Bring him on. I think he's better than either of their two QBs. However, he's not nearly as mobile as he used to be and more importantly, when he was with the Jets he acted like the prima donna he is. He didn't hang out with his teammates at all, didn't spend extra time watching film, etc. He just showed up for practice and the mandatory stuff and then left the scene without hardly talking to anyone. They said he had his own office and spent most of his time in there alone. There's a reason Thomas Jones called him out at the end of the season. If he goes to Minn he'll take the same approach because everyone is going to call him their saviour. I don't mind that dissension in the Viking locker room.

Agreed! BRING IT!

I have no problem facing a better team in our division. We will either learn from it or rise above. The greater the challenge in the regular season, the lesser the possibility for disappointment in the post...

Let's destroy MINNY!

Bring him on. I think he's better than either of their two QBs. However, he's not nearly as mobile as he used to be and more importantly, when he was with the Jets he acted like the prima donna he is. He didn't hang out with his teammates at all, didn't spend extra time watching film, etc. He just showed up for practice and the mandatory stuff and then left the scene without hardly talking to anyone. They said he had his own office and spent most of his time in there alone. There's a reason Thomas Jones called him out at the end of the season. If he goes to Minn he'll take the same approach because everyone is going to call him their saviour. I don't mind that dissension in the Viking locker room.

I think they were pre-season favorites in Vegas before the (eventual) move.

I have no issue going up agasint better opponents. That which does not kill you, makes you stronger...

If he comes to Minny, I think they should be preseason favorites to win the North. Last year, they were a QB away from possibly getting to the Super Bowl. Favre, after getting to 9-3 or 9-4 last year, was then asked to lay off the run and start throwing, which ended up leading to his downfall in NY.

I'd be happy to see Brett Favre in purple. Lovie made his reputation in Chicago by beating up on Favre and the Packers: Favre's record against Lovie's Bears is 2-6, with 5 touchdowns to 15 interceptions (three of which were pick-sixes.) Sure, Minnesota has Adrian Peterson, but the Packers had a vastly better corps of receivers, and Favre still got victimized by the Bears' secondary.

Plus, the last several years have shown that Favre wears down badly by week 11 or 12. If he were to sign with the Vikings, he'd play the Bears in Week 12 and again in Week 16. Check this out, from a poster on the Football's Future boards:

First 11 weeks - 63,6%, 6.77 ypa, 19 TD, 19 INT (1.0:1)

Final 5 weeks - 56.8%, 5.67 ypa, 1 TD, 10 INT (0.1:1)

First 11 weeks - 57.1%, 6.54 ypa, 14 TD, 10 INT (1.4:1)

Final 5 weeks - 53.8%, 5.96 ypa, 4 TD, 8 INT (0.5:1)

First 11 weeks - 68.5%, 7.90 ypa, 22 TD, 8 INT (2.8:1)

Final 5 weeks - 59.1%, 7.26 ypa, 6 TD, 7 INT (0.9:1)

First 11 weeks - 70.6%, 7.09 ypa, 20 TD, 13 INT (1.5:1)

Final 5 weeks - 56.0%, 5.78 ypa, 2 TD, 9 INT (0.2:1)

Per game averages last 4 years:

First 11 weeks - 64.8%, 7.08 ypa, 1.7 TD/gm, 1.14 INT/gm (1.5:1)

Final 5 weeks - 56.1%, 6.03 ypa, 0.65 TD/gm, 1.7 INT/gm (0.4:1)

I'd love to see the guy in-division again.

Great points!

I'd be happy to see Brett Favre in purple. Lovie made his reputation in Chicago by beating up on Favre and the Packers: Favre's record against Lovie's Bears is 2-6, with 5 touchdowns to 15 interceptions (three of which were pick-sixes.) Sure, Minnesota has Adrian Peterson, but the Packers had a vastly better corps of receivers, and Favre still got victimized by the Bears' secondary.

Plus, the last several years have shown that Favre wears down badly by week 11 or 12. If he were to sign with the Vikings, he'd play the Bears in Week 12 and again in Week 16. Check this out, from a poster on the Football's Future boards:

First 11 weeks - 63,6%, 6.77 ypa, 19 TD, 19 INT (1.0:1)

Final 5 weeks - 56.8%, 5.67 ypa, 1 TD, 10 INT (0.1:1)

First 11 weeks - 57.1%, 6.54 ypa, 14 TD, 10 INT (1.4:1)

Final 5 weeks - 53.8%, 5.96 ypa, 4 TD, 8 INT (0.5:1)

First 11 weeks - 68.5%, 7.90 ypa, 22 TD, 8 INT (2.8:1)

Final 5 weeks - 59.1%, 7.26 ypa, 6 TD, 7 INT (0.9:1)

First 11 weeks - 70.6%, 7.09 ypa, 20 TD, 13 INT (1.5:1)

Final 5 weeks - 56.0%, 5.78 ypa, 2 TD, 9 INT (0.2:1)

Per game averages last 4 years:

First 11 weeks - 64.8%, 7.08 ypa, 1.7 TD/gm, 1.14 INT/gm (1.5:1)

Final 5 weeks - 56.1%, 6.03 ypa, 0.65 TD/gm, 1.7 INT/gm (0.4:1)

I'd love to see the guy in-division again.

Last year, over the last 5 games, Tavaris Jackson put up something like a 116 QB rating. I believe over that stretch he was 2nd in the league to P. Manning.

Last year, over the last 5 games, Tavaris Jackson put up something like a 116 QB rating. I believe over that stretch he was 2nd in the league to P. Manning.

True, but I won't be worried until he does it 4 or 5 years in a row. Favre's been consistently bad at the end of the season, it's not a fluke.