Izzy signs extension

Connorbear

Good solid player. Glad he'll be with us for a while.

I think Idonije might get some more snaps at end this year, in more of a rotation with Ogunleye. Apparently Marinelli really likes his speed and has asked him to get down to around 265 pounds to make the most of his quickness. Even before his move to tackle, he was playing at 270-275: if he can get an extra half-step playing a little lighter, he could be a legitimate force off the edge. Also, it'll help his ability on special teams, which was sorely missed when he moved to DT last season.

I think poor Izzy's had more weight fluctuation than Kirstie Alley!

I'm just happy to have a good solid player like that on board for depth.

I think Idonije might get some more snaps at end this year, in more of a rotation with Ogunleye. Apparently Marinelli really likes his speed and has asked him to get down to around 265 pounds to make the most of his quickness. Even before his move to tackle, he was playing at 270-275: if he can get an extra half-step playing a little lighter, he could be a legitimate force off the edge. Also, it'll help his ability on special teams, which was sorely missed when he moved to DT last season.

Nice. Good solid player. Can fit in multiple schemes, and gives it his all. Really good special teams player as well.

I can't agree enough. He's a hammer on coverage teams: nobody who weighs 270 pounds should be able to get down the field that fast. Probably my favorite Idonije moment was when he just DEMOLISHED Darren Sproles on a return in the San Diego game. I can't imagine being a little 5'7" guy and having Izzy come hurtling down the field to level you.

I can't agree enough. He's a hammer on coverage teams: nobody who weighs 270 pounds should be able to get down the field that fast. Probably my favorite Idonije moment was when he just DEMOLISHED Darren Sproles on a return in the San Diego game. I can't imagine being a little 5'7" guy and having Izzy come hurtling down the field to level you.

I think that's the main reason why we are having him shed weight to move back to DE. When he packed on the pounds to play inside, he lost some of the speed that made him so deadly on kickoffs.

Plus, he's good at blocking kicks with his extremely long arms.

I think that's the main reason why we are having him shed weight to move back to DE. When he packed on the pounds to play inside, he lost some of the speed that made him so deadly on kickoffs.

Plus, he's good at blocking kicks with his extremely long arms.

Your last statement is what he is very underrated at doing blocking kicks. If he can get 2 or 3 a year thats a good stat for a special teammer. I think the Bears are waiting for Anderson or Ogunleye to have a banner year with the other one being shown the door.