New Here

zack54attack

Hey Guys... Just stumbled upon this site. I cant believe I havent found this before lol...

I'm a huge Bears fan (Like all of you), so I hope I can be a good active member here..

I'm a college student, so I will have some free time to post.. Plus I am the main Bears writer for Chicitysports.com (Check it out, lol)...

Hey Guys... Just stumbled upon this site. I cant believe I havent found this before lol...

I'm a huge Bears fan (Like all of you), so I hope I can be a good active member here..

I'm a college student, so I will have some free time to post.. Plus I am the main Bears writer for Chicitysports.com (Check it out, lol)...

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your input.

Peace :dabears

Welcome! Just remember to quote me... LOL

Welcome!

I'll check out your site!

Welcome!

I'll check out your site!

You already have. It is the same site Rush23 keeps spamming our site with links to articles that we have all taken exception to for content and creditability.

Now if zack54attack is wanting to participate as a regular poster on the forum, fantastic, welcome aboard. If this is just to spam our site as Rush23 does, I have reservations.

I did just check it out...

All good...

I await good discussion! The Bears have me happy, so my glass is 100% full these days!

You already have. It is the same site Rush23 keeps spamming our site with links to articles that we have all taken exception to for content and creditability.

Now if zack54attack is wanting to participate as a regular poster on the forum, fantastic, welcome aboard. If this is just to spam our site as Rush23 does, I have reservations.

I hope you didn't ban Rush23. He was going to make me 2 sigs.

I hope you didn't ban Rush23. He was going to make me 2 sigs.

Nope, was thinking about it, but I did not ban him. Hoping he will stop all the spam and contribute in the proper way to the discussions on the forum. I have nothing against the guy, just do not like others using this forum to spam it's members in order to try and get traffic to their website. This is not a portal to advertise others websites and I do not think the posters here appreciate it.

Pix,

Would it make a difference if he paid? Just thinking out loud, but if he wants to advertise, well, you usually have to pay to advertise. I am sure we can agree to post a small link to his little web site if he agrees to send each Bearstalk/talkBears poster $100.

Nope, was thinking about it, but I did not ban him. Hoping he will stop all the spam and contribute in the proper way to the discussions on the forum. I have nothing against the guy, just do not like others using this forum to spam it's members in order to try and get traffic to their website. This is not a portal to advertise others websites and I do not think the posters here appreciate it.

$225?

They could mis-spell Cutler and I would still rather take the $60 version.

For $225, that jersey better come w/ 2009 regular season game tickets.

I got the actual authentic road Cutler. $225, not the fake BS $60 "authentics" they sell on street corners.

Pix,

Would it make a difference if he paid? Just thinking out loud, but if he wants to advertise, well, you usually have to pay to advertise. I am sure we can agree to post a small link to his little web site if he agrees to send each Bearstalk/talkBears poster $100.

I am sure DaBearsDaBomb would be willing to sell a link to their site for a reasonable fee to help with the costs involved with running the sites he hosts for us.

I am a retro jersey guy and usually I will have to pay the full price because of my rule of no names on a jersey of a player thats younger than I am. So since I am 10 plus years older than Favre that limits me to what I can purchase. Then there is the authenticity factor I have to look at. Example: any Gayle Sayers and Dick Butkus or Mike Ditka jerseys that have GSH on the sleeve are not authentic because they didn't wear jerseys like that when they played because George Halas was still alive when they played and all they had were plain stripes. Also one of the last jerseys Sayers and Butkus wore were without stripes when the Bears moved to Soldier"s Field and they had a long sleeve version that mostly skill position players wore to protect them from astro turf burns. The linemen you couldn't tell what they wore because they had pads or tape all over their arms. So with all this being said I have been searching for an authentic Gayle Sayers jersey that won't cost me my marriage,children and grand children.LOL

$225?

They could mis-spell Cutler and I would still rather take the $60 version.

For $225, that jersey better come w/ 2009 regular season game tickets.

Well, as someone who used to work at a sports store, I know the difference, and I must say- the "authentics" that aren't real look terrible. To the casual fan, they may be nice and they might think they're authentic, but they aren't.

I'd rather just have a screenprint for $65-75 or a premier style for $100-110.

I go with the $65 official replicas...they look good enough and I stress a lot less wearing them!

Yeah, I have the orange Urlacher and the blue Forte screenprints.

After the Cutler trade, for the Draft, I went to Michaels and bought a blue tee shirt and some press on/iron on lettering, and made myself a shirt. Said "Jerry Angelo is my BFF".

$225 for an authentic Cutler jersey.

$75 for a screenprint

$110 for a premier style

Home made Angelo is my BFF shirt. Priceless :)

Seriously though. I think the expensive stuff is cool, but when one shirt is the same price as a full season of ballet practice for my daughter, or my son's karate, or ...... You get the point, I just can't pull the trigger.

Well, as someone who used to work at a sports store, I know the difference, and I must say- the "authentics" that aren't real look terrible. To the casual fan, they may be nice and they might think they're authentic, but they aren't.

I'd rather just have a screenprint for $65-75 or a premier style for $100-110.

Yeah, I have the orange Urlacher and the blue Forte screenprints.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah I wont spam the site lol...

I'd just aprreciate if you would check out my articles though. I'm going to school for Journalism, so I'm trying to get my name out there a lot for the Bears. I run a Blog about the Bears, but It just happens to be on the CCS site lol.. You dont have too sign up there, just check my articles : ) LOL