"Franchise" apparently means "excuses"

JRCook79

Not sure why Cutler deserves all these excuses people keep making. "It's those darned receivers." "He was being rushed." Well... weren't these the same problems there last year? In fact, this year's receivers are better overall than last year's (Booker, Lloyd). Why was no one ready to make these excuses for Orton? Granted, Cutler's arm is better. But who needs a rocket arm if you're throwing it to the other team. If we wanted a one-trick pony who can throw the long ball and is interception prone, seems like keeping Rex Grossman would've been more economical. Cutler better turn it around soon.

Not sure why Cutler deserves all these excuses people keep making. "It's those darned receivers." "He was being rushed." Well... weren't these the same problems there last year? In fact, this year's receivers are better overall than last year's (Booker, Lloyd). Why was no one ready to make these excuses for Orton? Granted, Cutler's arm is better. But who needs a rocket arm if you're throwing it to the other team. If we wanted a one-trick pony who can throw the long ball and is interception prone, seems like keeping Rex Grossman would've been more economical. Cutler better turn it around soon.

I think most fans are freaking out saying Cutler is this and that. Watch the game and really dissect what happened out there. Cutler started out bad, turned it around in the second half. Yes he threw 4 int. They were not all his fault and that is not an excuse a fact. Watch the film and count how many sacks GB would have had if Orton or Grossman where in there. I'll even go as far to say if Grossman was playing he would have thrown 13 int's(trying to make myself laugh, today has been depressing being a Bear fan and Notre Dame fan). Orton and his great pocket pressence would have been sacked 12 times(also trying to make myself feel better)

I think most fans are freaking out saying Cutler is this and that. Watch the game and really dissect what happened out there. Cutler started out bad, turned it around in the second half. Yes he threw 4 int. They were not all his fault and that is not an excuse a fact. Watch the film and count how many sacks GB would have had if Orton or Grossman where in there. I'll even go as far to say if Grossman was playing he would have thrown 13 int's(trying to make myself laugh, today has been depressing being a Bear fan and Notre Dame fan). Orton and his great pocket pressence would have been sacked 12 times(also trying to make myself feel better)

He extended plays and up together a late drive to give the Bears a lead. I'm sick of Bear fans being idiots cause they are making the smart fans look bad and making the city of Chicago look bad.

Its one freakin game, relax people.

Orton knew how to throw the ball away. If "extending the play" means "extending it to an INT", maybe it would be better to take the sack or throw it away.

Did you think thats what kind of QB Cutler was? He is a risk taker, he hates taking sacks and forces passes sometimes. Anyone who has seen him play knows this and this is what he did last night. I wasnt thrilled with his performance but he showed what he can do on some drives in the second half. The route running was atrocious and I want to know why Olsen is playing fullback and not being used in the passing game more.

Cutler has no bailout WR like he had with Marshall and was forcing passes to Earl Bennett. If we can get 1 legit number one WR it would make such a difference. I am really impressed with Hester and think he would be an amazing slot WR. He had that nice long catch, that really good catch on the sideline and looks like a legit WR. I was also impressed with Knox considering his experience. His route running wasnt too great but he was productive and should only get better. Bennett also looked pretty good at times and should improve as he gets experience.

It all comes down to the team we played...The Pack came out with a lot better game plan then we did...I was yelling all first half "RUN THE DAMN BALL"

One of my bronco fan friends that was watching with me agreed that Cutler is just so much better when there is an established running game...he starts trying to force things when he thinks the whole game is on his shoulders....

I blame this one on Ron Turner...he didn't seem to have a plan until the 2nd half...

but thank god we got 15 more games to redeem that crap we watched last night...what a test it will be on Sunday.

It all comes down to the team we played...The Pack came out with a lot better game plan then we did...I was yelling all first half "RUN THE DAMN BALL"

One of my bronco fan friends that was watching with me agreed that Cutler is just so much better when there is an established running game...he starts trying to force things when he thinks the whole game is on his shoulders....

I blame this one on Ron Turner...he didn't seem to have a plan until the 2nd half...

but thank god we got 15 more games to redeem that crap we watched last night...what a test it will be on Sunday.

Agreed. Why come out pass-happy when we have Forte? Maybe Beekman needs to come back and Omyale sit.

As bad as it was, IMHO, if we had Orton or Rex, it would have been even worse.

Rex - Under that sort of pressure, does anyone believe we would have only given up 2 sacks? Rex would have likely been good for 6 sacks, a couple fumbles and a couple picks.

Orton - One, I think he would have been sacked more. Two, even if he did throw it away and avoid sacks/picks, we might not have gotten 50 yards passing, and would not have been even in a position to win at the end.

4 interceptions (we should have had at least two more) and one stupid short snap on special teams (produced a short field and a field goal) is enough to lose and lose big. The real agonizing part is that we were ahead with one minute left in Green Bay. Those interceptions were either on the quarterback for not knowing the route or the reciever for screwing up the route. Either way it is a familiarity/chemistry issue. Fast forward to our other game in chicago and the story I feel will be different.

I think the game plan was to initially come out throwing the ball to soften them up and then to start running the ball, however Turner got away from the game plan in my opinion.

Agreed. And these guys made plenty of excuses for Orton.