Roach to stay at MLB

Connorbear

Sorry, but getting a 3rd rounder for Url to me isn't worth it.

Not yet. I'd like to give him another shot here for a year.. then maybe ask for a salary reduction.

If Roch is our permanant replacement for Url we are in BIG trouble...

Roach is trying out for the full-time job and if he emerges and plays well it would be great cause it will enable the Bears to trade Urlacher for a 3rd rounder or so, or maybe even better.

He's got a history of that. I've seen far too many ball bounce off his mitts... He needs to remedy that. Other than that, he's improved. I'm just not sold that he's a legit power at either safety position...

Just sayin' How can someone who catches the ball so well on kickoffs drop so many potential picks?

Not yet. I'd like to give him another shot here for a year.. then maybe ask for a salary reduction.

I would ask him to reduce his salary next year especially if they can draft a young guy that can make an impact at the position. Since Pisa has played for Lovie before, I could see them giving him a shot at the middle if he comes back healthy next year. He's got that mean streak I like and the fact that he played in last weeks game with a tear in his knee proves he's the kind of psycho we need in the middle of the field. The cover 2 needs a MLB that can get deep and come up and smash someone in the short zone making a catch and plug the whole on runs. For all his freakish athletic ability Urlacher has never been great at the point of attack and he doesn"t punish guys who catch balls underneath. The 2 best examples of cover2 MLBs are Jack Lambert and Hardy Nickerson.

I totally agree,especially a year to rest the rest of his body,might make Url better??????????

I totally agree,especially a year to rest the rest of his body,might make Url better??????????

I also think Urlacher MIGHT be better at safety. The thought really interest me. He's got the speed,and he's almost like one already,always having to drop back in coverage so much. Did he not play safety in high school or college? Can you imagine the qb thinking of Urlacher's speed and height and the recievers thinking about his size and hits?

I also think Urlacher MIGHT be better at safety. The thought really interest me. He's got the speed,and he's almost like one already,always having to drop back in coverage so much. Did he not play safety in high school or college? Can you imagine the qb thinking of Urlacher's speed and height and the recievers thinking about his size and hits?

Thats an intriguing idea and then you should have a better thinker on the field and Urlacher is better in coverage IMO. Every year the Bears defense throws a rookie into the fire and evey year the opposing team goes after them. This year it has been Alfalava and even though he is a second year player Bowman who essentially is a rookie having only played one game prior to this season. Urlacher at SS and Manning deep would be real interesting. If you walked a safety that size down in the box teams would have to take notice.

I'd love to, but I don't think he'll go for it. And I understand. If he comes back, plays to a pro bowl level, we just keep on keeping on. If not, then we ask for a reduction... At least that's what I'd think at the moment. It's kind of one of those things easier said than done...

I would ask him to reduce his salary next year especially if they can draft a young guy that can make an impact at the position. Since Pisa has played for Lovie before, I could see them giving him a shot at the middle if he comes back healthy next year. He's got that mean streak I like and the fact that he played in last weeks game with a tear in his knee proves he's the kind of psycho we need in the middle of the field. The cover 2 needs a MLB that can get deep and come up and smash someone in the short zone making a catch and plug the whole on runs. For all his freakish athletic ability Urlacher has never been great at the point of attack and he doesn"t punish guys who catch balls underneath. The 2 best examples of cover2 MLBs are Jack Lambert and Hardy Nickerson.

I'd certianly be intrugied by that move... But I'm not sure he has the speed anymore...

I see a 3rd rounder as a potential safety or OT and given the scarcity of draft picks we have next year I think that is more valuable than an over-paid Urlacher. Not to mention I actually think Roach has a lot of tools to be a pretty solid MLB.

He won't be Urlacher in his prime but he's solid and if him and Harris can get us two 3rd rounders between each other it could allow us to address some areas outside of FA this off-season (cause I think we all know this team has some needs and really its going to be hard to address those needs without signing a buttload of guys via FA).

Urlacher isn't anywhere near as fast as he used to be. A couple years ago I was intrigued by the idea of moving him to S but at this point in his career I don't see it happening. If we did move him there I don't think it would be beneficial to the team.

The big problem to me is the Bears flat out don't have many draft picks and that means we won't be able to draft another guy. The question is, Is Brian Urlacher for another season or two worth more than us getting a draft pick or two (which is much needed) that can be used on potential safeties/olineman who could help rejuvanate our corps.

I say that because MLB's are usually around that get cut and easier to find than quality o-lineman. Not to mention I think at least one of Roach/Williams is a capable starter.