Clark 2 catches, 16 yards, 1 TD

Bears 33-31

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards news:

Last week Boldin hurt his ankle (again) and was limping pretty badly. I really don't expect him to play except he might because Early Doucet is also fighting an ankle injury and Boldin is one tough man who will fight through the pain if it's possible. If he's on the field he won't be close 100%. Nobody can stop Fitz and Breaston is a good compliment to him. Boldin mostly works the underneath stuff these days and isn't someone who runs away from even LB but if you give him space he'll hurt you with YAC. At best we can contain this group.

Cards Oline is quite possibly worse than our Oline on pass protection. Their OT's routinely get beat on the edge. There is only one way to stop Warner and that is to get pressure on him. Carolina did it all game long last week but of course we don't have Julius Peppers on our team. This is the KEY TO THE GAME for us.

Cards RB: Hightower, good RB similar to our AP but not much of a threat you need to focus on. Beanie Wells however is a different story: size, power, quickness, and speed. Wells isn't fully up to speed so he gets about 1/3 of the carries but you will see the difference when he gets the ball. Bears need to note when he's in the game.

Cards DBs: Been playing better in the last few games and DRC can shadow anyone in the league but sometimes bites on double moves or play fakes. Overall you can move the ball consistently against them if you take what they give you. Adrian Wilson hurts people when he hits them but you can catch him out of position at times.

Cards LB: good unit, not spectacular but good all around. You will see them doing the exact same thing the Bears LB do before the snap--shuffling up into the gaps to blitz/fake blitz.

Cards DL: Dockett can get push up the middle but can also take plays off. Watch for Calais Campbell DE he's playing well coming off the edge and he's tall. However, his height likely help Pace when it comes to blocking. Pass protect against their pass rush and blitz and Cutler will be effective.

Overall: Their run D is solid. We need to pass protect for Cutler and he can find plenty of opportunities against their DBs. Forte won't have a good day but regardless we should run enough to make play action effective as their DBs bite on it. Our defense absolutely must get to Warner early and often.

I hope that I am wrong. I studied the game so long last night I had to use eye drops and sit in the dark because of eye strain. I honestly think the Bears are going to get their asses handed to them today.

Our DL can stop the run (not an issue with AZ, they can’t run the ball) but cannot pressure the QB (big issue with AZ). Our secondary is ok versus an average receiving group, however, AZ’s receivers are elite. We for some reason have always had trouble covering RBs catching balls out of the backfield (Hightower has excelled at this).

Our OL could not stop me on a pass rush. Our OL cannot open holes for Forte and AZ despite giving up a ton of yards against CAR last week (who has an elite OL) is still one of the top units against the run.

On paper it appears we have a chance. I am usually the first in line at the Bear’s Kool-Aid booth but unfortunately when I went for a refill this week the booth was with a sign saying Out of Business. I suspect after this game, the Bear’s may be out of business also, or at least out of the running for a legitimate shot at the playoffs.