Yet another reason....

Connorbear

Hester didnt even brake a sweat on that play..

bad coaching IMO...

I agree that ultimately the coach is at fault for this, however, Hester has to want to make that play. I know they are coached on blocking because I have seen some great blocks this yr from Knox and Bennett. Hester has to want to make that play and, clearly, he didn't. Now the coach needs to hold him accountable for that. Maybe DA needs to see reps in his place until Devin understands that effort is expected on every play.

Peace :dabears

Guest TerraTor

You wanna talk about a guy racing to make blocks... I happen to recall TO doing that consistently on those kinda plays. Thats what a #1 WR is. Hester is the best KR/PR of all time and thats exactly how he should contribute on this team.

Guest TerraTor
not to get into the specifics of the play, but i would kill myself if it took 10 minutes to break down every single play.

Ya seriously, i wonder how long it takes to break down the plays that arent 70yard runs... :crying

Ya seriously, i wonder how long it takes to break down the plays that arent 70yard runs... :crying
My guess is that he could have knocked it out in detail in about 2minutes. But, he looks to revel in the face time and was setting it up for dramatic effect. He gets a pass this week. Looking forward to the next episode.

My guess is that he could have knocked it out in detail in about 2minutes. But, he looks to revel in the face time and was setting it up for dramatic effect. He gets a pass this week. Looking forward to the next episode.

For me, film sessions usually take an hour. On average you have 60 plays to break down. Now, that is just for the OL. If you were to analize both the line and skill players, 2 minutes is all it should take on average for a play.

Good plays are the easiest to break down cause it usually meant that most everyone did their job. Its the bad plays that keep getting played over and over in the film room.

Guest TerraTor
For me, film sessions usually take an hour. On average you have 60 plays to break down. Now, that is just for the OL. If you were to analize both the line and skill players, 2 minutes is all it should take on average for a play.

Good plays are the easiest to break down cause it usually meant that most everyone did their job. Its the bad plays that keep getting played over and over in the film room.

No way is Lovie awake during these and Turner probably watches from behind glass

No way is Lovie awake during these and Turner probably watches from behind glass

I think that is even giving Turner to much credit. I would have to question if he even attends the class. If he does attend he has no excuses for this mess. I blame the Offensive Line but I blame his coaching alot as well. Because even with a pourus line like we have there are things that you do that he never does. He obviously does not know what to do with the skill set that Cutler and Co bring.

If we blame coaching for Hester not blocking well then how do we not give coaching credit for Knox's block? Call the problem as it is, Hester is lazy. Recall he made no effort at the end of Eagles game to go down for a low pass. Recall his half-assed effort to get around an offical in the 49ers game. He is not into giving 100% all the time and it shows. I think this also frustrates Cutler because he doesn't know which speed Hester is going to run, how aggressively he'll come out of cuts so forth and that makes the timing difficult. It's been the same with Knox but he's learning his craft as a rookie WR and he shows improvement each week. Hester is not a #1 WR and the real coaching problem here is that once again Lovie has anointed him the #1 WR before it was earned.

If we blame coaching for Hester not blocking well then how do we not give coaching credit for Knox's block? Call the problem as it is, Hester is lazy. Recall he made no effort at the end of Eagles game to go down for a low pass. Recall his half-assed effort to get around an offical in the 49ers game. He is not into giving 100% all the time and it shows. I think this also frustrates Cutler because he doesn't know which speed Hester is going to run, how aggressively he'll come out of cuts so forth and that makes the timing difficult. It's been the same with Knox but he's learning his craft as a rookie WR and he shows improvement each week. Hester is not a #1 WR and the real coaching problem here is that once again Lovie has anointed him the #1 WR before it was earned.

Like I said previously, trade him if possible. If not, make him the #4 receiver and get him back on kickoffs.

Peace :dabears

I also think there is a misconception with the theory "just get him the ball". Very few players are successful in multiple positions. Hester was a top 3 all-time return man, and that does not equate to anything as a receiver. Catching a ball and running thru 3rd string LB's and RB's spread over 50 yards is much different than lining up one-on-one against a first string NFL defense. He has much more value returning kicks exclusively and being brought in on select offensive plays.

I also think there is a misconception with the theory "just get him the ball". Very few players are successful in multiple positions. Hester was a top 3 all-time return man, and that does not equate to anything as a receiver. Catching a ball and running thru 3rd string LB's and RB's spread over 50 yards is much different than lining up one-on-one against a first string NFL defense. He has much more value returning kicks exclusively and being brought in on select offensive plays.
agreed