Heimerdinger article

Connorbear

Your getting me excited now, LOL.

I knew he had been mentioned before but I did not realize until now the extent of his success over the years with other QBs and WRs until I read this article. Seems like a great choice to me, better than the 4 I listed in a previos thread.

Your getting me excited now, LOL.

I knew he had been mentioned before but I did not realize until now the extent of his success over the years with other QBs and WRs until I read this article. Seems like a great choice to me, better than the 4 I listed in a previos thread.

If they fire Lovie and do not go with a big name coach, I am fine with Heimerdinger. Bottom line, which is pointed out in the article, is getting a coach in here that can work with Cutler. Cutler is the franchise and we have to do whatever is necessary to help him play better.

Peace :dabears

As an advocate for not necessarily "cleaning house" I think I would actually be ok with this one. I am a fan of Lovie's but have a pretty strong suspicion that his days in Chicago are numbered. (Is it possibly I am out of touch....being in Alaska and all?). I considered drawing comparisons to what would have happened to teams like Philadelphia and Cinncinati had they expunged their coaches after not instantly returning to the Super Bowl (Philly) or at all (Cincy)? Yet in both cases Reid, who was just re-signed and Lewis, who appears on resurgence have their teams showing strong signs of life after a few minor tweaks here and there. Another thing that I am really resiliant to is that "BIG NAME" especially the money that would be involved and for what? What happens in a few years if the Bears still haven't made it to a Super Bowl or *gasp* not even a playoff game? Again, this is my arguement to keep the likes of Cowher and Shannahan at bay.

And I believe it was Pix that made the case for how a lot of what ills Chicago is not the fault of Angelo. In fact he has done quite a bit for the team but the other parts of the staff has been unable to use the tools provided. Believe me a few years ago I would have been great with Angelo leaving but now am glad he did not. Then I started to think about the restructuring aspect and still keeping Lovie. I mentioned a while back that I liked the idea of Fisher or Tony Dungy coming to Chicago as the HC and thought that the Bears could leave Lovie in Chicago as the DC and maybe someone like Martz as the OC. However circumstances as they are, none of that seems plausible any longer.

But with this article I have restored hope. I didn't know a lot about this Heimerdinger but with this article not only do I know more about him I now am pretty satisfied he could be exactly what the Bears need. Especially given all the roots and ties he has to Cutler and Illinois. Just seems logical and right.

Besides that I just got a really nice Cutler jersey for Christmas. Apparently the shop owners where my wife picked it up, who are all from Chicago, were incredulous to the fact that I really wanted one. I will probably be wearing it on Monday night when I go into work, sans the bag on head.

In the meantime....Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year.

Dave

chicago_christmas_card-p1374375325048388

After reading the article I agree that Heimerdinger seems to be worthy of being on the list of candidates to replace Love. However, I want to approach this from a different view point: What happens if we don't fire Lovie?

Cutler first and foremost is the future of this football team. From a draft standpoint as well as financially we've invested a lot in him. It's real simple, either you are committed to making Cutler successful or you are not. Given that is keeping Lovie around for another year worth it or will it simply delay what we believe can be the success of Cutler?

I can't see anyway the organization can be pleased with Ron Turner's performance. For years he had the excuses of not having the right QB. Then we get him a QB who threw for over 4,000 yards last year and we end up looking the same. I realize the picture is more complex than that but the bottom line here is that we have struggled to produce successful players and consistent offense under his tutelage. Turner is not under contract so we must fill that spot and to get a qualified candidate when Lovie is in his make or break year will be very difficult. How does Cutler improve with a stopgap OC and then another new system started up with a new head coach the year after?

Going against Lovie is that his defense is a mess. With him running the show and with the highly respected Rod Marinelli coaching his Dline we have simply gone from bad to inept. Losing two starting LBs is not the sole cause for this disaster especially when many in the organization were touting our LB depth at the start of the season. If Urlacher simply means that much to the defense then what is the value of the coaching staff? Other teams lose key players and while there might be some fall off in performance they don't go all the way to zero. Further complicating issues is player development. Was Nick Roach the right call over Jamar Williams when Pisa went down? Safeties anyone? We have lots of them and they all seem to get playing time every year for one reason or another. After years of this mess I simply don't see how players trust these coaches.

To sum it all up the opportunity cost of keeping Lovie around is simply too great. We finally have the QB with the talent to be one of the best in the league. It is time for the organization to simply say that getting Cutler on track is the best thing for the organization and recognize that it won't happen under Lovie. We need to move on regardless of the money left on Lovie's contract. In the long run that will be the better financial investment for the organization.

To sum it all up the opportunity cost of keeping Lovie around is simply too great. We finally have the QB with the talent to be one of the best in the league. It is time for the organization to simply say that getting Cutler on track is the best thing for the organization and recognize that it won't happen under Lovie. We need to move on regardless of the money left on Lovie's contract. In the long run that will be the better financial investment for the organization.

Agreed 100%.

Peace :dabears

rather than putting a bandaid on a blown off leg and hiring yet ANOTHER head coach in training if there is only one change this cheap organization makes i HOPE it is replacing ted phillips with someone who is football savvy as president and let him make the decisions for our future.

we already missed out on holmgren. could we offer ron wolf the freaking moon to become the president of this sorry arced franchise? we have to start at the top and work down (or is that giving the mccaskey's too much credit for intelligence?) or i see us doing this all yet again in 2014. give him total power over football operations to hire/fire a gm and work with that gm to bring in a head coach and a new scouting department.

if not wolf find someone who is not only football smart but who has experience. start calling NOW before everyone is gone yet again (this should have been done at the very latest LAST season). this is the best start we can hope for to really make any impact on this franchises future.