Lovie unable to handle wide ranging power

Connorbear

"Urlacher is way, way overpaid and on the decline. Briggs is even overpaid relative to the scheme that is designed to put him in position to make plays and drive his production, and (for) how often he plays at his own pace."

Damn, maybe some of that "man-love" that Bears fans seem to have for Url and company will start to dissipate.....

"Added a daily team observer: "Urlacher has always been divisive in the locker room. He never gave (ex-QB) Cade (McNown) a chance. He turned the team on (Cedric) Benson. He has publicly called out (Jay) Cutler. He has a problem with anyone who threatens his status. He's a high-ego, immature front-runner who is terrible in the locker room when things are not going right.

"He has been the most overrated player in football for years. ... The problem, with the money they gave him, it diminished his (trade) value. He's going to be (difficult) to move now. All they can really do is cut him.""

wow!!!

Guest TerraTor
"Added a daily team observer: "Urlacher has always been divisive in the locker room. He never gave (ex-QB) Cade (McNown) a chance. He turned the team on (Cedric) Benson. He has publicly called out (Jay) Cutler. He has a problem with anyone who threatens his status. He's a high-ego, immature front-runner who is terrible in the locker room when things are not going right.

"He has been the most overrated player in football for years. ... The problem, with the money they gave him, it diminished his (trade) value. He's going to be (difficult) to move now. All they can really do is cut him.""

wow!!!

Seems true, Defense is pretty good without him....

If this is true, that is crazy:

Its really not that crazy. I dont want to start a race debate and Lovie obviously is not a racist, he has a white wife. However, he has the attitude that minorities need more help and should be handed things. This is the same attitude the President of the United States has, and hundreds of thousands of other people, black and white. Just look, this nation uses affirmative action for deciding who gets hired or accepted into college.

I won't say its racism, cause its not. However, Im a firm believer in everyone is equal, no one should be handed anything because of anything. The most deserving and best for the job should get the job.

And the thing that really pisses me off is that this is in sports. Now, sports should have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with race. 99% of the time, race is the last thing anyone on the team or coaching staff cares about, winning is the priority. Well, I guess we now know where Lovie's priorities lay.

Sorry, gotta call BS on the author of this article and his "inside source.". Urlacher is sorely missed and far from the most overrated player in the NFL.

That may be your opinion but IMO the author is dead on about both Url and Briggs. We will never know, but I would lay good money that the defense would not have improved significantly with Url this year.

Seems true, Defense is pretty good without him....

hahaha....Yeah the D has been great this year.

This is such BS. Urlacher is liked by his teammates. He goes out of his way to give credit to others in interviews instead of himself. He praises everyone on the defense regardless of their mistakes. He was put in this shitty fuckin scheme where half the time he is running away from the LOS. Maybe he has a problem with young cocky players that come in like rock stars without earning a freakin thing yet. He could give a shit about his status and ego and anyone who pays attention knows it. Put him in the right scheme and watch him shine. This overrated thing is a fuckin crock. The fact that he has lead this team in tackles when the defense is actually geared away from him doing so goes to show you the talent he has. His motor is non stop out there.

I won't get into Lovie and his AA hires...

This is such BS. Urlacher is liked by his teammates. He goes out of his way to give credit to others in interviews instead of himself. He praises everyone on the defense regardless of their mistakes. He was put in this shitty fxckin scheme where half the time he is running away from the LOS. Maybe he has a problem with young cocky players that come in like rock stars without earning a freakin thing yet. He could give a shit about his status and ego and anyone who pays attention knows it. Put him in the right scheme and watch him shine. This overrated thing is a fxckin crock. The fact that he has lead this team in tackles when the defense is actually geared away from him doing so goes to show you the talent he has. His motor is non stop out there.

Nice rant but please watch the language.

Peace :dabears

Its one person's opinion. Last night, the announcers for the game, including Jaws and Gruden, sang praises for Urlacher and called him one of the best in the game, still today.

"Urlacher is way, way overpaid and on the decline. Briggs is even overpaid relative to the scheme that is designed to put him in position to make plays and drive his production, and (for) how often he plays at his own pace."

Damn, maybe some of that "man-love" that Bears fans seem to have for Url and company will start to dissipate.....

I agree the idea of Urlacher as over-rated is a joke. In fact, as you allude to, I think he could have been so much greater if under a better defensive coordinator and scheme. Ray Lewis dominates still today w/ big boys in front of him eating up blocks. I would have loved to see Urlacher behind such OLs for his career.

W/ that said, and I have said as much in the past, I do believe Urlacher is part of the group which has caused trouble in the locker-room. Unlike the article, I am not saying it is because of ego or whatever, but the extent he and others go against a player they don't like goes beyond the pail, IMHO.

Urlacher was the exception, not the rule, coming in as a down to Earth top 10 pick. Most come in as hot heads. Everyone loved TJ and hated Benson, but what the players never saw was TJ entered the league as the same sort of hothead as Benson, making all sorts of declarations and "expecting" to start. I think the same is true of most any high pick. Point is, if you hold that against them from the start and not give them a chance, what sort of teamate, much less leader, are you being?

This is such BS. Urlacher is liked by his teammates. He goes out of his way to give credit to others in interviews instead of himself. He praises everyone on the defense regardless of their mistakes. He was put in this shitty fuckin scheme where half the time he is running away from the LOS. Maybe he has a problem with young cocky players that come in like rock stars without earning a freakin thing yet. He could give a shit about his status and ego and anyone who pays attention knows it. Put him in the right scheme and watch him shine. This overrated thing is a fuckin crock. The fact that he has lead this team in tackles when the defense is actually geared away from him doing so goes to show you the talent he has. His motor is non stop out there.