where was this energy and play calling all year?

BearFan2000

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that was a gutsy call. I figured three straight handoffs and another FG attempt. We went for the Kill. That is so un-bear like.

Tonight we looked like a completely different team. We actually looked competent. And beat arguably a superior opponent. I thought we'd get lazy and at the end it looked like we had but Kudos to Jay for stepping up and going toe to toe against Favre.

Could this breakout game be the first towards Aromashodu becoming the Chicago version of Brandon Marshall?

Aromashodu, while I like him and he can become a solid receiver in the future, is nothing like Brandon Marshall. Marshall is a complete receiver, and has a lot more size and the ability to be much more physical on the field.

Now, if youre just talking about in a sense of him being our number 1... time will tell.

Aromashodu, while I like him and he can become a solid receiver in the future, is nothing like Brandon Marshall. Marshall is a complete receiver, and has a lot more size and the ability to be much more physical on the field.

Now, if youre just talking about in a sense of him being our number 1... time will tell.

I agree. Obviously we'd all love for DA to become Marshall. But you can make a case, for right this second, Marshall being THE best WR in football. He's no longer dropping passes at a sickening rate, he's making huge plays with his hands, and huge plays with his legs.

Go figure. Also, Jared Allen (2 tackles, no sacks). Chris Williams should be getting a game ball with a happy ending for that one.

Yes sir. Williams played great and he didn't even get much help on Allen. Also, Clark was great today as a receiving TE and a blocking one on Edwards' side helping Schaffer.

Yes sir. Williams played great and he didn't even get much help on Allen. Also, Clark was great today as a receiving TE and a blocking one on Edwards' side helping Schaffer.

Yeah, just really one blown blocking scheme on the blitz that resulted in the sack. Other than that, a pretty solid night all around from the O-Line and TE's. If that was a normal game each week, I would take it compared to what we have seen this year. I also liked some of the traps, mis-directs, and pulls.

It makes you wonder is our line as bad as it has looked all year or is this just a rare "planets in alignment" phenomena where the line just played well all in the same game.

This game makes me wonder a lot of things like that. Also:

1. Ron called a good to great game, it was balanced, creative, and played to Jays strength

2. The D held it's own for most of the game other than the stretch where we let them back in.

3. The energy the team played with was the highest I've seen this year. They looked prepared.

4. Can this roster with some tweaks actually play consistently good like this over a full season

5. Why is it that only when their backs are against the wall and jobs may be in the balance do they step up and coach well.

6. What is a realistic timetable that the Bears can be rebuilt? Prior to tonight it looked like a total rebuild project.

7. Was tonight's game just a team that over achieved or a glimpse of what the Bears can be if coached well consistently?

If they absolutely slaughter the Lions and the game is effectively over at halftime that shows me something but if we win but do so modestly and the game is remotely close then that will tell me that the staff thinks that they've done enough to make their case to return next year with one very well coached game out of 16.