Bears @ Lions 1-3-2010 Noon CT

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Our defense is meat. Our offensive line is crap again. And last week we roll Cutler out and have success, so we follow that up by abandoning that idea. Turner and Lovie need to go.

Turner doesn't seem to grasp playing to your strengths. I bet he's fired by tomorrow afternoon.

Our defense is meat. Our offensive line is crap again. And last week we roll Cutler out and have success, so we follow that up by abandoning that idea. Turner and Lovie need to go.

We abandoned it because after all they would probably figure out a way to stop it anyway.

Today the Bears did what I figured theyd do they went back to how they played prior to last week. Yes they won by two scores 37-23, but a good team would have beat detroit much more soundly. Heck, I fell asleep watching the game it was that boring, and not in a good way. Looked like two crappy teams battling it out till the slightly less crappy team wins. Being that I slept most of the game I can't really comment on all that happened since I was only awake for bits and pieces here and there.

Well, one positive this agonizing season is over now and we now look forward to finding out the fate of our coaches. Everyone in Chicago-land and those of us who are in other parts of the country are crossing our fingers and hoping, wishing, and praying that the team does the right thing and fires the whole coaching staff and bring in a real coaching staff. There is talent here to build around but the Bears desperately need coaches who can actually cultivate that talent into a winning team.

The announcers again today were making excuses for Lovie and his staff. When you are a casual observer and don't actually follow this team you don't know what your talking about. One of them made the comment that the Bears are a much better team than they've shown which is actually an indictment of this staff. All of their positive fluff about last weeks things they liked about this game should not overshadow what has happened prior to last week.

Jay's final stats for the season

Comp---Att----%-------YDS------TD----INT

336-----555---60.5-----3,666----27----26

Jeez Aromashodu with another touchdown. This guy is #1 material. Cutler definitely has a connection with him.

DO NOT waste a pick on WR this yr. Cutler loves DA. He is his #1. Develop what we have on the roster. Draft o-line, d-line, and safety.

Peace :dabears

I think we have good talent at WR.

In the last two games Jay has thrown 8 TDs and 0 INT

The difference?

1. Protection, the Line has given him protection and given him time to do his thing.

2. Play calling, we saw roll outs, bootlegs and plays that cater to Jays strengths

And low and behold Jay looks like the guy we traded for with the WR's we had all year (mostly)

IMHO you fix the O-Line you go a long ways towards fixing some of the other areas. A lot of our problems on offense are merely symptoms and residual effects of bad O-Line play.

I think the offense can make good strides once the O-Line is fixed. Right now it's hard to truely evaluate our backs and recievers. If there's no time to make your reads because you are getting malled as soon as you get the ball you can't expect your QB to excell. I don't care who it is. Without time he is forced to rush his reads and in some cases hope guys are where they should be and take chances. If the Line doesn't create holes for the backs it's tough sledding and in turn puts more pressure on the QB. Honestly the fact that we have gotten the production out of our WR's that we have is amazing considering the peripheral issues that exist. I find that to be encouraging to the point where I think we can make it work with Jay and this group. There are players to build around.

We still need a big physical receiver who can move the chains, IMO.

Kills me to see this opinion, still. The "big chain mover" is a made up need. The little, speedy chain mover works just as well (see Wes Welker). Between Bennett, Knox, and Hester, the Bears have a Ton of weapons. Also add in the unused Iglesias and the potential is huge. Oh, let's not forget the emergence of Aromashodu pretty much fills the big WR "need" anyway.

Drafting or getting a WR this offseason would be an ignorant waste (unless it is a stud at a crazy discount).

Kills me to see this opinion, still. The "big chain mover" is a made up need. The little, speedy chain mover works just as well (see Wes Welker). Between Bennett, Knox, and Hester, the Bears have a Ton of weapons. Also add in the unused Iglesias and the potential is huge. Oh, let's not forget the emergence of Aromashodu pretty much fills the big WR "need" anyway.

Drafting or getting a WR this offseason would be an ignorant waste (unless it is a stud at a crazy discount).

Agreed 100%. Fix the o-line and the d-line and sprinkle in some new DBs.

That is all.

Peace :dabears

Aromashodu, while is our tallest WR, is only 6'2" and is as skinny as a rail. I'm a big fan of the guy, ever since his Auburn days. However, he doesn't bring much to the table in terms of YAC and while he is 6'2", that doesn't make him some big physical guy. That just makes him tall. If anything, Aromashodu's best route is the 9. He certainly is no big physical receiver.

Adding a physical receiver who can go across the middle, move the chains, and be a great blocker on the outside would be a huge assest to the team. As of right now, the only guy we have that can block and doesn't play OLine is Dez Clark. Bennett and Knox seem to try, but dont have the physicality to make much impact.

Aromashodu, while is our tallest WR, is only 6'2" and is as skinny as a rail. I'm a big fan of the guy, ever since his Auburn days. However, he doesn't bring much to the table in terms of YAC and while he is 6'2", that doesn't make him some big physical guy. That just makes him tall. If anything, Aromashodu's best route is the 9. He certainly is no big physical receiver.

Adding a physical receiver who can go across the middle, move the chains, and be a great blocker on the outside would be a huge assest to the team. As of right now, the only guy we have that can block and doesn't play OLine is Dez Clark. Bennett and Knox seem to try, but dont have the physicality to make much impact.

The only legit part of that is the blocking part, and even that is debatable. Fast, little guys can go across the middle and move the chains just as well (see Welker, Engram, Holt, etc).