My highlight tape - First Year at JuCo

BearSox

As some of you might recall, I posted my highschool highlight tape on here last year. Well, after one year at JuCo, I have another highlight tape to share with you all.

I am #62 and playing Right Tackle. I am in the Navy or White tops with gray pants. Started every game and did not miss a single snap. I am hoping to go D-I and am 90% certain I will stay 1 more year at JuCo in hopes of getting the best offers possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRp0rHIfCeM

The quality of this tape looks a lot better than the last one. You have a lot of nice blocks too. The only things I might change is to try and spotlight yourself or see if someone can do it for you if you dont know how and there is a play in the beginning I would take out. You were blocking good but the QB ran into when he was scrambling and then got sacked. Also maybe add some clips of some more run blocking. For your size you move really well. IMO you will get some interest because you could probably play any OL position size and skill wise. Good luck and keep us posted.

The quality of this tape looks a lot better than the last one. You have a lot of nice blocks too. The only things I might change is to try and spotlight yourself or see if someone can do it for you if you dont know how and there is a play in the beginning I would take out. You were blocking good but the QB ran into when he was scrambling and then got sacked. Also maybe add some clips of some more run blocking. For your size you move really well. IMO you will get some interest because you could probably play any OL position size and skill wise. Good luck and keep us posted.

I thought about doing the spotlight but it was too tough to me to do by myself and I dont know of anyone who would do it for me for free. For the most part, its pretty clear where Im at except for a few of the plays.

As for the play you say I should take out, I went back and forth on this. On one hand, the QB gets sacked because I kinda cut off his lane. However, if I let that DE go, he's gonna get the sack. I think that it shows pretty good footwork on my part and staying with my guy. The QB getting sacked on that play really isnt my fault.

And I wish I could have added more run blocking, but we were primarily a pass team and since we were always down by several points, we would pass non stop.

Thank you for the kind words and I'm gonna do my best to make talkbears proud. I will certainly keep you guys posted.

I see good quickness, good hustle always staying with the play.

From a video standpoint if you can't do the highlight of where you are on the field insert a 1-2 second pause at the start of the play it will give people time to find you, assess the formation and the defensive alignment before the snap. The transitions are so fast now it's tough to find you before the snap because you switch uniforms from highlight to highlight and also the camera angle (i.e. you swap from left to right side of the view).

D-I FBS is the ultimate goal. If things don't work out as I hope, GVSU is always an option.

Our All-American LT just graduated but we have a transfer from Tennessee who was one of the top linemen out of HS. Nonetheless, we have a young line and we always get a few JUCO transfers every season.