Rumor from SCORE update

Connorbear

Guest TerraTor
Listening earlier today, I caught an update segment on the SCORE. Terry Boers is reporting his source inside the Bears says that Lovie wanted to hire Martz and that Jerry veto'ed the move.

Peace :dabears

that idiot needs to go....Im sick of lookin at his zombie face

Listening earlier today, I caught an update segment on the SCORE. Terry Boers is reporting his source inside the Bears says that Lovie wanted to hire Martz and that Jerry veto'ed the move.

Way friggin too much. If it's true, good for JA and what a butthead is Lovie.

I guess it makes sense for Lovie to turn to Martz, one, the guy likes familiar faces on his staff, two, Martz might be the best answer for instant offense, enough to help Lovie keep his job. Angelo, at least is viewing the hiring from a long-term perspective as in what is better for the organization. While it is a twisted approach (given the uncertain job status) as another coordinator (outside of Chudzinski-since he has been a coordinator) who has not done it before might lead to a learning curve, that may cost the team next year, to Lovie's detriment. But on a normal team, growth from the right coordinator, despite short-term pain would lead to long-term gain.

I am not really a Mike Martz fan and would have to agree that Jack Ass is doing his best to keep his job if he is keeping Losing Streak from hiring someone that Losing Streak is most comfortable with. I still feel that Jack Ass and Losing Streak need to go.

I am not really a Mike Martz fan and would have to agree that Jack Ass is doing his best to keep his job if he is keeping Losing Streak from hiring someone that Losing Streak is most comfortable with. I still feel that Jack Ass and Losing Streak need to go.

Just remember that "Jack Ass" brought us Cutler. I, for one, think he should go down in the Bears' HOF for pulling that one off.

He also got us Flexy Rexy, Club Ced just to name a couple of bad decisions that he has made. I like the acquisition of Cutler however, there are far to many mistakes in player evaluation on and off the field that Jack Ass needs to be shown the door and be told to not let it hit him on the ass on his way out.

Just remember that "Jack Ass" brought us Cutler. I, for one, think he should go down in the Bears' HOF for pulling that one off.
http://www.talkbears.com/forums/style_imag...pr/stat_sql.gif

He also got us Flexy Rexy, Club Ced just to name a couple of bad decisions that he has made. I like the acquisition of Cutler however, there are far to many mistakes in player evaluation on and off the field that Jack Ass needs to be shown the door and be told to not let it hit him on the ass on his way out.

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/style_imag...pr/stat_sql.gif

Is it as much JA not providing the Bears with the proper talent or the coaching staff being unable to develop that talent and utilize the skills of the players being drafted?

Drafting is certainly not an exact science and all GMs screw the pooch on their selections more often than they would like to admit.

In the case of the 2 guys you mention, Rex and Cedric.

We may never know if Rex was that bad or if he was just screwed up with the way he was worked with over the course of his stay in Chicago. I thought the way they tried to develop him his rookie year was totally stupid, allowing him to start one or two series a game. Then look at the Offensive offensive coordinators and coaching he had that were used to develop him, Ughhh.

Cedric never ran with the passion and skills we envisioned when we drafted him. We wound up letting him go. Now look what he is doing in CIN with different position coaching & OC.

Harris was an outstanding selection by JA, then he became injured and seemed to lose his passion for the game. Is that JA's fault?

Colombo was an outstanding selection. He had a serious injury and it seemed as if he would never recover from the injury so an injury settlement was made. Since then he has worked out pretty good in Dallas.

Some of his selections in later rounds have been outstanding.

If you want to knock JA for his selection of LS as HC, fine.

However, I believe any HC is only as good as his Coordinators and position coaches. Lovie's main problem is he has done a lousy job of evaluating those he has brought in to fill those positions. In the past those choices have been left up totally for Lovie to make. It seems like JA has decided it is time for him to help in that process. Hopefully we get it right this time around.

Interesting.

JA may have to suck it up then, because no one else appears interested in the gig...

Let's not annoint him yet... A Porsche is nice, but you need gas and regular maintenance to make it run. Right now, our organization is like Mad Max world with no gasoline...

Definitley truth to that.

But the flipside is error like Bazuin and lakc of getting any real OL help for years are dire errors...

Is it as much JA not providing the Bears with the proper talent or the coaching staff being unable to develop that talent and utilize the skills of the players being drafted?

Drafting is certainly not an exact science and all GMs screw the pooch on their selections more often than they would like to admit.

In the case of the 2 guys you mention, Rex and Cedric.

We may never know if Rex was that bad or if he was just screwed up with the way he was worked with over the course of his stay in Chicago. I thought the way they tried to develop him his rookie year was totally stupid, allowing him to start one or two series a game. Then look at the Offensive offensive coordinators and coaching he had that were used to develop him, Ughhh.

Cedric never ran with the passion and skills we envisioned when we drafted him. We wound up letting him go. Now look what he is doing in CIN with different position coaching & OC.

Harris was an outstanding selection by JA, then he became injured and seemed to lose his passion for the game. Is that JA's fault?

Colombo was an outstanding selection. He had a serious injury and it seemed as if he would never recover from the injury so an injury settlement was made. Since then he has worked out pretty good in Dallas.

Some of his selections in later rounds have been outstanding.

If you want to knock JA for his selection of LS as HC, fine.

However, I believe any HC is only as good as his Coordinators and position coaches. Lovie's main problem is he has done a lousy job of evaluating those he has brought in to fill those positions. In the past those choices have been left up totally for Lovie to make. It seems like JA has decided it is time for him to help in that process. Hopefully we get it right this time around.

JA has had some good picks and bad ones. The problem is his high picks havent had enough hits, and that just isnt good enough. We are stuck with Lovie for another year for business reasons, but I thought if we got rid of Jerry and brought in some one to run the show and evaluate everything thru the next year, that that would have been a good move. It aint happening, but just dont have the trust in Jerry to make the right moves.