Would you Trade for Clements

DABEARSDABOMB

If the Bears don't offer Rogers the job, they may be served best huddling in Angelo's office to consider a bold way to end this month-long monotony quickly.

One long shot: When the Bears researched Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements, they learned enough to consider him a viable option. The Packers blocked the interview. But would the Bears consider negotiating with the Packers for a shot at Clements, even if it meant giving up a late draft choice?

Would you give up, say, a fourth-round pick — D.J. Moore was the fourth-rounder in '09 — for the right offensive coordinator for Cutler?

If, as one league source suspects, Angelo believes Clements may be the best man left to fill the biggest assistant-coaching vacancy of his Bears' tenure, it's a debate worth having at Halas Hall.

And that's no joke.

I really really really like Clements and think he'd be an exceptional hire. The only tough part about trading for our OC (and I'd be okay giving up Moore) is that we don't know if he'll be here for much more than a year so it would be hard to give up a pick (especially one that the Bears felt was a sleeper a year ago) for what might be one year of coaching.

That said, I buy into Clements being the guy we can have with Cutler for a long time and I think Clements could fit into a long-term strategy with the Bears. The hard part is, no matter who we bring in, there will be a significant adjustment period where the offense adjusts to the new system and we will see plenty of turnovers and errors because of it.

I think at the end, I'd trade for Clements. I freakin really really like him and think he'll be a dynamic, young mind, who one day will be a hell of a HC.

I personally don't want to see anyone who doesn't have OC experience. After Terry Shea, I'm just afraid you run the risk of gross incompetence.

Not to mention, we can't afford to give up any more picks. I'd easily give up our first rounder for Cutler again. I liked the idea that we traded our #2 pick for a great talent who could develop. But no more please.

I really really really like Clements and think he'd be an exceptional hire. The only tough part about trading for our OC (and I'd be okay giving up Moore) is that we don't know if he'll be here for much more than a year so it would be hard to give up a pick (especially one that the Bears felt was a sleeper a year ago) for what might be one year of coaching.

That said, I buy into Clements being the guy we can have with Cutler for a long time and I think Clements could fit into a long-term strategy with the Bears. The hard part is, no matter who we bring in, there will be a significant adjustment period where the offense adjusts to the new system and we will see plenty of turnovers and errors because of it.

I think at the end, I'd trade for Clements. I freakin really really like him and think he'll be a dynamic, young mind, who one day will be a hell of a HC.

I personally don't want to see anyone who doesn't have OC experience. After Terry Shea, I'm just afraid you run the risk of gross incompetence.

Not to mention, we can't afford to give up any more picks. I'd easily give up our first rounder for Cutler again. I liked the idea that we traded our #2 pick for a great talent who could develop. But no more please.

I'd give up a 7th rd pick for him. And I think he's done a great job with Rogers and the Puckers' O has looked good. So, If JA and Loviehave fallen n lov with the guy, give up a very late rd pick for him.