Rumor on Depaul's Replacement...

Mongo3451

Looks like we have our man. Fits in perfectly with the ship of fools.

Holy crap. If you all have not listened to this audio, you should. Not saying you take the Seattle radio guy at his word, but it is pretty shocking to hear his opinion,

http://www.670thescore.com/topic/play_wind...audioId=4394427

Yea, the audio really rips him. Says he and Holmgren just about hated each other. Says Ruskell was a total ego maniac. Says he was told he would not be back w/ the team at the end of the season, and rather than just ride out the end of the year, quit on the team w/ 5 games remaining. Mentioned that his first year as GM was very solid, but over the last 3 years, his drafts and FA moves have been just aweful.

Among the moves Ruskell is blamed for was the Hutchinson issue. Said Ruskell choose to transition tag Hutch, rather than franchise tag him, in order to save a small amount of money, and that gave Minny the window needed to steal Hutch. Thinking back to the hell Angelo got for the non-checked box issue some years ago, thought Bear fans could appreciate this move.

The Chicago local guys mention Gabrial could be next out the door, and said the rumors talk about Ruskell basically being a VP over both college and pro, though that is just speculation.

I take it he gets ripped pretty hard? Hub Arkush said that Depaul was about the only respected guy in our front office with the connections around the league to get stuff done.

This sounds really really bad.

I had just added this to my last post as I thought it something worth pointing out when I read your post.

I remember all the hell Angelo took for not checking the box, but that was a mistake, while what Ruskell did was intentional. Nice move.

He wanted to save 400k on the best LG in the league, so he transitioned him instead of franchising him. Now that LG is in Minny.

That was great tho listening that Seattle guy rip him.

When we have the clowns running this franchise as we do now, every moment is "silly"!

eschlabach_bozos.jpg

Remember we are in the "silly season" of the NFL....

This article in relation to the Ruskell hiring and the possible acquisition of????

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/194687.asp

Thanks!

I could be making a bigger deal of the article than it is. However, I haven't seen Haugh be so critical of the Bears recently so it really stuck out to me. Plus, all of the stuff we had heard that was negative regarding the Bears was from the media and it was based upon our perception of the interviewing process that took place the past month and a half.

This was the 1st article from a pretty reputable member of the press where he talked about how the organization is in chaos internally and that was what really stood out.

I generally agree. Haugh's been fairly pro-management, or at least ot that negative. Here he is certianly taking more aim at that.

I could be making a bigger deal of the article than it is. However, I haven't seen Haugh be so critical of the Bears recently so it really stuck out to me. Plus, all of the stuff we had heard that was negative regarding the Bears was from the media and it was based upon our perception of the interviewing process that took place the past month and a half.

This was the 1st article from a pretty reputable member of the press where he talked about how the organization is in chaos internally and that was what really stood out.