Jason McKie

bowlingtwig

My God, hell has frozen over! He had to be the worst fullback of the decade. Oh I just saw pig fly...

My gosh, this means they ARE devoted to the Martz scheme. Now, if Lovie, with Marinelli, can get his head out of his butt with the D, then. . . . :dabears

Guest TerraTor
My gosh, this means they ARE devoted to the Martz scheme. Now, if Lovie, with Marinelli, can get his head out of his butt with the D, then. . . . :dabears

either way at least McKie is gone, gotta be the worst FB ever.

The fact that we're devoted to the Martz system is the key here. We're not doing this half-ass, we're not trying to have Martz fit his scheme to accomodate our players. We're getting players to fit his scheme.

IMO, it also means that those rumors of us wanting to get rid of Greg Olsen are dead right.

Was there any more damning proof of Turner's incompetence than his unwillingness to go after a FB who could do something well. He stuck with McKie the jack-of-no-trades instead of finding a FB who was good at something like blocking, or receiving, or rushing.

Was there any more damning proof of Turner's incompetence than his unwillingness to go after a FB who could do something well. He stuck with McKie the jack-of-no-trades instead of finding a FB who was good at something like blocking, or receiving, or rushing.

I still would have like Peyton Hillis who the Broncos just traded to the Browns as part of the Quinn deal including a 6th rd draft pick. Bears easiliy could off landed him in the draft a couple seasons ago.

IMO, it also means that those rumors of us wanting to get rid of Greg Olsen are dead right.

Could be a big indicator bradjock. Just hope we can get a decent draft pick for him, though from the posts I've read here, I doubt it. If Olsen starts to speak out about the situation, I'd definitely say he's gone.

Without intending to defend Turner, I wonder how much was Turner and how much was Lovie. Lovie seems to fall in love with certain players, and regardless whether they seem to fit or not, we just continue to keep them. I recall him once saying, "as long as I am the head coach, AP will have a job." McKie is another how was a favorite of Lovie.

Look, there are a thousand reasons to rip Turner, and frankly, this may well be one. I just wonder how much was Turner and how much was Lovie in this regard.

Take one day off to go golfing, and miss out on some really great news. Awesome.

According to Brad Biggs on his Twitter account, he is out.

Apparently, veteran FB Jason McKie wasn't going to be a fit in the new Martz scheme. The #Bears have released him per @vxmcclure23.

It's 75% Zombie Smith and 25% Stomach Turner!

It's always more Smith! ;)

Without intending to defend Turner, I wonder how much was Turner and how much was Lovie. Lovie seems to fall in love with certain players, and regardless whether they seem to fit or not, we just continue to keep them. I recall him once saying, "as long as I am the head coach, AP will have a job." McKie is another how was a favorite of Lovie.

Look, there are a thousand reasons to rip Turner, and frankly, this may well be one. I just wonder how much was Turner and how much was Lovie in this regard.

Guest TerraTor
It's 75% Zombie Smith and 25% Stomach Turner!

It's always more Smith! ;)

also, does this mean we are relying on that FA Williams guy? Hes been injured his entire life it seems. Reminds me of Bryan Johnson. Or are we looking at someone in the draft or what?