Vasher cut

clnr

I know this was the perfect year to cut him for cap purposes. What surprised me about the timing was why we didn't release him the first day possible. I figured we were waiting to make sure we could do better in FA and/or the draft. I know we just signed a guy, but is he seriously good enough to make a move?

Don't get me wrong. I am glad we made the move. I just wonder why we didn't do it a month ago.

This is the perfect year to get rid of bad contracts as it doesn't hurt the team now with no cap at all. My only question is how much did we save from us cutting him.

Guest TerraTor
Just speculating now: Tried to trade him? Asked him to take a paycut? Uncertain about the tender levels on replacements on the RFA market?

anyone know his "cap hit" for 2010? what it woulda been anyway

Scratch my last comment....

per PFT and saw something on ESPN(screw u shefter)

Vasher saves 2.95mill for 2010

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3055776.story

With the big money we shelled out on the first day of free agency, it's not surprising we're looking to dump salaries for "fringe" type players. McKie & Vasher save us close to 4 million.

I expect we'll save even more when we unload Greg Olsen.

Just speculating now: Tried to trade him? Asked him to take a paycut? Uncertain about the tender levels on replacements on the RFA market?

I would guess we wanted to have some type of vet replacement before dumping him. He was decent depth, just not worth the money he was making. Signing Jennings made him expendable. I think if we hadn't gotten Jennings or someone else, you would have seen Vasher still with us at camp.

With the big money we shelled out on the first day of free agency, it's not surprising we're looking to dump salaries for "fringe" type players. McKie & Vasher save us close to 4 million.

I expect we'll save even more when we unload Greg Olsen.

According to the Tribune this morning by us cutting Vasher we save $10.25 million over the remainder of his contract. Stop dreaming about Olsen. He isn't going anywhere.

According to the Tribune this morning by us cutting Vasher we save $10.25 million over the remainder of his contract. Stop dreaming about Olsen. He isn't going anywhere.

Olsen is making next to nothing. His only value is playing well or being traded for a reasonable draft pick.

Olsen is making next to nothing. His only value is playing well or being traded for a reasonable draft pick.

Your right. I am sure the team wants to get a high draft pick for him but nothing I have heard has him going anywhere for anything good. If JA can get a 1st(unlikely) or a high 2nd I would be ok with it. But most analysts are saying that he will get between and low end 3rd and a 4th at best. I would rather see him and Martz get on the same page. Martz has never had a TE like Olsen before. I know Martz prefers to have a blocking TE which we have now with Brandon M but its not like Martz doesn't utilize the TE though. Ernie Conwell was probably his best receiving TE and he got 38 balls in 2002. I don't to hear about Vernon Davis because he couldn't stay out of trouble long enough to even warrant playing time.

Guest TerraTor
Vasher being cut was overdue but am I the only one scared shitless about our CB's? Tillman & Bowman have had injury concerns & the depth looks nothing special

I was more scared of the catch and run with Vasher on the field... seemed after 06 Season he couldnt cover my pool for winter, let alone a mediocre NFL WR