Talkbears Mock Draft interest/team signup thread

balta1701-A

Hi Folks

It's about that time of year to run our annual TalkBears Mock Draft, if we have people interested.

Here's the general way we run it, but I'm more than happy to change based on suggestions. You get a team, you handle their draft as the GM. We can decide whether we want to allow trades or not. You get 24 hours on the clock, so sometimes picks come fast and then there's a small delay. If we start in a couple days, there's probably time to get 2 rounds in. Sadly, no one gets to be the Bears this year, since they're pickless, but that makes things easier on me. Carolina also doesn't pick til the 2nd round, so we can wait on filling that one if you're interested.

What I'd need is 10 or so people to reply in this thread and say they'd be interested in picking a team. I'll throw open the floor right now to people saying "I want this team!" Since I'm running the thing, I get dibs on the Bills, but otherwise, pick a team if you want it. We can start when every pick has a person to take it.

Round 1

1. St. Louis (1-15)

2. Detroit (2-14) - brletich

3. Tampa Bay (3-13)

4. Washington (4-12)

5. Kansas City (4-12)

6. Seattle (5-11) - defiantgiant

7. Cleveland (5-11) - clnr

8. Oakland (5-11)

9. Buffalo (6-10) - Balta1701

10. Jacksonville (7-9)

11. Denver (8-8) -- From Chicago (7-9) - Parkerbear7

12. Miami (7-9)

13. San Francisco (8-8) - Madlithuanian

14. Seattle (5-11) -- From Denver (8-8)

15. New York Giants (8-8)

16. Tennessee (8-8) - Stinger226

17. San Francisco (8-8) -- From Carolina (8-8) - MadLithuanian

18. Pittsburgh (9-7)

19. Atlanta (9-7)

20. Houston (9-7)

21. Cincinnati (10-6)

22. New England (10-6) - Boston Boxer

23. Green Bay (11-5) - brletich

24. Philadelphia (11-5)

25. Baltimore (9-7) - Madlithuanian

26. Arizona (10-6)

27. Dallas (11-5)

28. San Diego (13-3) - clnr

29. New York Jets (9-7)

30. Minnesota (12-4) - brletich

31. Indianapolis (14-2) - bradjock

32. New Orleans (13-3)

I'd be happy to take SF...(I can live vicariously through Samurai Mike).

Hi Folks

It's about that time of year to run our annual TalkBears Mock Draft, if we have people interested.

Here's the general way we run it, but I'm more than happy to change based on suggestions. You get a team, you handle their draft as the GM. We can decide whether we want to allow trades or not. You get 24 hours on the clock, so sometimes picks come fast and then there's a small delay. If we start in a couple days, there's probably time to get 2 rounds in. Sadly, no one gets to be the Bears this year, since they're pickless, but that makes things easier on me. Carolina also doesn't pick til the 2nd round, so we can wait on filling that one if you're interested.

What I'd need is 10 or so people to reply in this thread and say they'd be interested in picking a team. I'll throw open the floor right now to people saying "I want this team!" Since I'm running the thing, I get dibs on the Bills, but otherwise, pick a team if you want it. We can start when every pick has a person to take it.

Round 1

1. St. Louis (1-15)

2. Detroit (2-14)

3. Tampa Bay (3-13)

4. Washington (4-12)

5. Kansas City (4-12)

6. Seattle (5-11)

7. Cleveland (5-11)

8. Oakland (5-11)

9. Buffalo (6-10) - Balta1701

10. Jacksonville (7-9)

11. Denver (8-8) -- From Chicago (7-9)

12. Miami (7-9)

13. San Francisco (8-8)

14. Seattle (5-11) -- From Denver (8-8)

15. New York Giants (8-8)

16. Tennessee (8-8)

17. San Francisco (8-8) -- From Carolina (8-8)

18. Pittsburgh (9-7)

19. Atlanta (9-7)

20. Houston (9-7)

21. Cincinnati (10-6)

22. New England (10-6)

23. Green Bay (11-5)

24. Philadelphia (11-5)

25. Baltimore (9-7)

26. Arizona (10-6)

27. Dallas (11-5)

28. San Diego (13-3)

29. New York Jets (9-7)

30. Minnesota (12-4)

31. Indianapolis (14-2)

32. New Orleans (13-3)

Well, we're up to 8 teams taken. I'll obviously take on extras but I'm not doing so until the end, that way I can fill the "Whatever is left" role. Can we get 5+ more volunteers then we start bugging people to pick up other teams?

I'll take the Rams.

Um . . . since I'm the Rams, do I go ahead and declare I'm drafting Sam Bradford? (Not original, but it seems already decided he'll go #1)

Since we don't have enough yet, should we all agree to take 3 teams? I'd like to have the Raiders just so I can take players that makes everyone say "WTF???"

Um . . . since I'm the Rams, do I go ahead and declare I'm drafting Sam Bradford? (Not original, but it seems already decided he'll go #1)

Since we don't have enough yet, should we all agree to take 3 teams? I'd like to have the Raiders just so I can take players that makes everyone say "WTF???"

Add New Orleans to my picking, I am use to being last.