Bar-B-Quers HELP

flea

I'm not the availability of some of the meats in Europe...but here's some standbys I love...

1. Beef Tri Tip. Marinade tri-tip in liquid smoke, wechester sauce, a little salsa, and salt & pepper overnight. Get to room temp the next day, and throw on the grill. While cooking, sprinkle a little mizture of dry rub (garlic power, salt, pepper, parsley, and some typoe of chili powder). Give it a good overall covering and that should do. Cook to your preference. Since it tend to be a large cut of meat, the edges tend to be Med to Med/Well, and the center ranges from Rare ro Med?Rare depending on how long you cook it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-tip

Just remember, the meat still cooks about 10 minutes more after you pull it from the grill.

2. The same general idea works for hanger steaks or flat iron steaks too. Play with the seasonings...you can have a blast with some unusual mixtures.

3. Chicken Wings. Buffalo style... Dry rub the wings in a rub similar to the tri-tip. Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Chili Poweder, but also add Oregano, a healthy portion of it. Grill until done. Get the buffalo sauce ready as you're grilling. Add a standard hot or buffalo wing sauce to a bow with some melted butter. Throw the sauce and cooked wings in a bowl and toss until the sauce covers it all.

Hope those add some fun to the mix!

Beef & Chicken usually NO seafood

Let me know what you ended up doing!

Aother quick one for sausages is get a frying pan, put the suasages in. Fill the pan with beer about 1/4 up to the suasages, braise for a while. Flip, braise. Then throw on the grill and get a good char on both side and make sure the sausages are fully cooked.

yum, cheers mad, sounds good

Flay is the man! I've been to his places in NY and Vegas. Great stuff!

Beer can chicken is tasty! But, it can be a little tempremental.

Go ale or lager. A more bitter beer. (Honestly, I usually do something cheap that I don't feel bad not drinking!) Some of the darks get a little too sweet when they reduce.

Will do gonna have one next week. Been watching some Bobby Flay too & I'm intrigued by the beer can chicken, though not sure if the grill is deep enough

Any particular beer for the sausages?

• 4 months later...
The weathers turning nice & looking to do some barbecues. Now I seem to recall some hardcore BBQers on the old Bearstalk site. I'm looking for some tasty recipes

I know it's a little late but whatever you BBQ make sure you use "Sweet Baby Ray's". It is out of Chicago for one thing and the other is that is simply awesome. I am not much the chef when it comes to "recipes" but do know that the aforementioned sauce is da' "boss"!

I know it's a little late but whatever you BBQ make sure you use "Sweet Baby Ray's". It is out of Chicago for one thing and the other is that is simply awesome. I am not much the chef when it comes to "recipes" but do know that the aforementioned sauce is da' "boss"!

doubt I'd get it here(never heard of it anyway)

have used this on chicken HOT! yum

41G363C6ENL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Few burgers will taste as good as a freshly ground one. You still want to try to balance the fat ratio, which will take some skill, which I currently don't possess myself.

Being creative on meats is also probably advisable. Chicken, Lamb, even things like fish can make an interesting ground experience if you add some flavoring and some bread crumbs/egg for binding.