FF Keeper League 2nd Poll

nfoligno

FF Keeper League 2nd Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want to allow for 1st round keepers, and if so, how do we handle such?

• No keepers from the first round of last year
    • Allow 1st round keepers, but the owner moves to the top of the draft, thus making his first pick near the end of round two.
    • Allow 1st round keepers, but with other rule/option.

Okay, poll one is in the books, and option 2 won.

So as of now, we are keeping one player (based on last year's vote) and we give up one round ahead of when that player was drafted. As a follow up to this, I want to bring to the table the question of keeping a player who was drafted in the 1st round of last year. This is in particular a bit of an issue as you can't give up a round higher than the 1st round the player was taken. What I thought a potential option here, if we want to keep 1st rounders, would be to make the person keeping a 1st round player pick at the top of the round.

For example, I took Steven Jackson in the 1st last year. Lets say I want to keep him this year. I would move to the front of the draft, and give up my 1st round pick. Thus, my penalty for keeping that player is that I (a) give up max value (top pick) for him and (B) my 2nd pick is not until the end of round two.

I am not sure how else we can effectively keep a round one player while keeping the same mentality of losing a round up. What I am going to put into this poll are three options (a) no first round keepers (B) the above description and © other.

Slowly but surely we are getting there. I voted no 1st round keeper.

As before, while the poll will not reflect it, Papabear has said he also would vote for the first option of no 1st round keepers.

Okay, poll one is in the books, and option 2 won.

So as of now, we are keeping one player (based on last year's vote) and we give up one round ahead of when that player was drafted. As a follow up to this, I want to bring to the table the question of keeping a player who was drafted in the 1st round of last year. This is in particular a bit of an issue as you can't give up a round higher than the 1st round the player was taken. What I thought a potential option here, if we want to keep 1st rounders, would be to make the person keeping a 1st round player pick at the top of the round.

For example, I took Steven Jackson in the 1st last year. Lets say I want to keep him this year. I would move to the front of the draft, and give up my 1st round pick. Thus, my penalty for keeping that player is that I (a) give up max value (top pick) for him and (B) my 2nd pick is not until the end of round two.

I am not sure how else we can effectively keep a round one player while keeping the same mentality of losing a round up. What I am going to put into this poll are three options (a) no first round keepers (B) the above description and © other.

LOL. Hey, that just means you need to talk on the boards more :)

By the way, I am not sure whether best to use a section on this board, or on the yahoo site, but one thing I missed last year in our FF league was a bit of trash talk (though my team was not really good enough to talk trash). Regardless, that is part of the fun with FF and something I would like to see more of this year.

Btw...of my 83 posts, I think 70 is from the fantasy threads and ive been a member since the old board

LOL. Hey, that just means you need to talk on the boards more :)

By the way, I am not sure whether best to use a section on this board, or on the yahoo site, but one thing I missed last year in our FF league was a bit of trash talk (though my team was not really good enough to talk trash). Regardless, that is part of the fun with FF and something I would like to see more of this year.

Other leagues Im in, trash talking is quite the norm, name the format and Ill be there, I have a werid sense of humor