Lovie Must be Fired!

Mongo3451

i have to assume the head coach has the call on fourth and short....so you say no on the goal line in the 1st quarter but then decide to go for it when you're down by one in the 4th?

This team has no discipline at all...as shown by all the stupid mistakes/fumbles/etc...I'll take the win but it still doesn't feel 100%

That prevent at the end was fantastic too. I mean, I get that Lovie isn't a defensive minded coach...

I am usually one to argue the benefit of the doubt. i assume in drafting etc that there are things we don't know etc.

Going for it on 4th down down one late int eh 4th is just wrong. And its amateur, for someone who is supposed to be NFL caliber, that crap would't fly for HS.

Why Lovie, you thought they were moving the ball well and you'd need more points? They weren't, and you had a 2nd string QB in there. They didn't move it much at all until you -- yeah your big zone.

I want Lovie gone. At BEST hes an administrator now, keeping a team of super assistants coordinated. And its not even that is it?

Lovie sucks.

Typically I tend to be guy who's soft on coaches, organizations, etc.

That was one of the worst head coach decisions I've ever seen.

Yeah I can't imagine what he was thinking. Usually I can understand where a coach is coming from although I may not agree with it but I thought that call was a no brainer. And I can't stand how a team goes into a prevent defense. Its a horrible D and should never be used.

Yeah I can't imagine what he was thinking. Usually I can understand where a coach is coming from although I may not agree with it but I thought that call was a no brainer. And I can't stand how a team goes into a prevent defense. Its a horrible D and should never be used.

I can generally understand the prevent at some level...but you can't put it in too early otherwise a team can carve you up too quickly. The Bears put it in too early. IT's really kind of remarkable how every fan out there will seem to say "I hate the prevent defense!" because every fanbase has seen their team lose repeatedly by putting that into action too early. It really is bizarre.

Of course...if the Bears had an 8 point lead after a field goal and a touchdown, the Prevent defense would have been excellent.

Lovie is a walking, talking joke. The 4th down call was ridiculous, and the prevent defense at the end was so predictable that I was nearly positive the Lions would win. Luckily, an absurd rule in the NFL saved the Bears.

The passing offense looked great, but the rushing offense looked horrible still. If that doesn't change, the opponents will simply put one or two more back into coverage to give Cutler problems, because the OL clearly can't open holes.

I can generally understand the prevent at some level...but you can't put it in too early otherwise a team can carve you up too quickly. The Bears put it in too early. IT's really kind of remarkable how every fan out there will seem to say "I hate the prevent defense!" because every fanbase has seen their team lose repeatedly by putting that into action too early. It really is bizarre.

Of course...if the Bears had an 8 point lead after a field goal and a touchdown, the Prevent defense would have been excellent.

another ridiculous call would be on Marinelli. On that non-TD catch by Johnson he was 1-1 with Zach Bowman, who was strugging today with cramps. Why would you do that.

The passing D looked great from the end of the 1st half to that last Lions drive in the 4th...getting pressure and doing what the cover 2 is supposed to do...then he decides to change it up, stop pressing the WRs and give up 60 yards in 30 seconds...Lovie is a horrible horrible person to have running a defense let alone team.

The passing D looked great from the end of the 1st half to that last Lions drive in the 4th...getting pressure and doing what the cover 2 is supposed to do...then he decides to change it up, stop pressing the WRs and give up 60 yards in 30 seconds...Lovie is a horrible horrible person to have running a defense let alone team.

Your right. great pt. Prior to that last drive the defense gave up something like 108 yds total offense. Thats great.

Why just stop with Smith, how about we add Angelo into the mix and throw in Philips as well. This team has become even more pathetic after supposedly telling us all in January that they hear our displeasure and that they are going to make changes. Unfortunately Virginia does not get it and neither do her children. This team is in disarray still and unfortunately there is not much hope for the future.

Agreed. It's hallow.

But, I'll take it. I feel good about Cutler. At least at the moment.

i have to assume the head coach has the call on fourth and short....so you say no on the goal line in the 1st quarter but then decide to go for it when you're down by one in the 4th?

This team has no discipline at all...as shown by all the stupid mistakes/fumbles/etc...I'll take the win but it still doesn't feel 100%

Exactly!

Smith is a waste of space. Not that anyone would be surprised that I'd say as much...

Yes. Forte actually looks really outstanding at WR... Maybe instead of converting the best PR/KR ever into a so-so WR, we should take a so-so RB and convert him into a good WR.

Lovie is a walking, talking joke. The 4th down call was ridiculous, and the prevent defense at the end was so predictable that I was nearly positive the Lions would win. Luckily, an absurd rule in the NFL saved the Bears.

The passing offense looked great, but the rushing offense looked horrible still. If that doesn't change, the opponents will simply put one or two more back into coverage to give Cutler problems, because the OL clearly can't open holes.

I'm running out of venom with all these clowns that are responsible!

Why just stop with Smith, how about we add Angelo into the mix and throw in Philips as well. This team has become even more pathetic after supposedly telling us all in January that they hear our displeasure and that they are going to make changes. Unfortunately Virginia does not get it and neither do her children. This team is in disarray still and unfortunately there is not much hope for the future.

Griz,

This ire being thrown at Smith isn't just for the one odd game that we should have lost... It an accumulation of bone-headed and stubborn decisions by this staff on a continual basis over the course of too many years.

It's a win, but it wasn't good. I'll take it. And certain things made me happy, but the continual stupidity of the coaching staff is enough to send throes of Bears fans into the emergency room with heart attacks.

Mongo tape the safety on the weapon before you handle it, We won!!! Yep sure did , The sky is clearing and the dark cloud that is over all Chicago fans is dispersing. Holy Crap the Anti lovie/Angelo band wagon is full. Let this play out before you crucify anyone.

Mongo tape the safety on the weapon before you handle it, We won!!! Yep sure did , The sky is clearing and the dark cloud that is over all Chicago fans is dispersing. Holy Crap the Anti lovie/Angelo band wagon is full. Let this play out before you crucify anyone.

That was a win or lose post. My comments stand.