Want Your Opinion

chitownman

I know that Mike Martz is supposedly all right with the current wide receivers that we have however, we had a chance to obtain two of the better receivers in league during the off-season and one of the two was just recently released. The question is would you send Devin Hester to Arizona in order to obtain Anquan Boldin and would you have signed T. J. Houshmandzadeh who was released by Seattle for some reason that is not completely clear. Seattle would have to pay Houshmanzadeh the majority of the salary that he would receive after signing the free agent contract last year since Houshmanzadeh was placed on waivers. I think with the fact that Hester return skills have diminished so much with his focus on being a wide receiver and the emergence of Daniel Manning and Johnny Knox in those roles respectively, that having both of these receivers on the team would improve the team. I know this is speculation as Boldin is in Baltimore and Houshmanzadeh is there with him. Imagine if they were here instead and Cutler had some pass protection. I think that ball that Aromashodu dropped in the end-zone would have been the TD it should have been.

I'd have traded a pick for Boldin. I still think Hester can be salvaged by a new regime that will put him rutrning kicks solely.

I'd have easily signed TJ in a heartbeat. I mentioned a few times here...

I give DA a pass on one drop...the rest beter damn well be caught!

I know that Mike Martz is supposedly all right with the current wide receivers that we have however, we had a chance to obtain two of the better receivers in league during the off-season and one of the two was just recently released. The question is would you send Devin Hester to Arizona in order to obtain Anquan Boldin and would you have signed T. J. Houshmandzadeh who was released by Seattle for some reason that is not completely clear. Seattle would have to pay Houshmanzadeh the majority of the salary that he would receive after signing the free agent contract last year since Houshmanzadeh was placed on waivers. I think with the fact that Hester return skills have diminished so much with his focus on being a wide receiver and the emergence of Daniel Manning and Johnny Knox in those roles respectively, that having both of these receivers on the team would improve the team. I know this is speculation as Boldin is in Baltimore and Houshmanzadeh is there with him. Imagine if they were here instead and Cutler had some pass protection. I think that ball that Aromashodu dropped in the end-zone would have been the TD it should have been.

I think it's too early to tell.

At the time, I didn't want to gut our what was left 2010 draft for an injury prone Boldin, and I've never wanted anything to do with Houshmenzadah.

In future hindsight, if Major Harris and Corey Wooten don't pan out and Boldin manages to stay uncharacteristically healthy, then maybe we should have made that move.

I still say no to Housh no matter what. He's the next version of Alvin Harper or Peerless Price that had exaggerated stats by having a true #1 playing across from them getting all the attention. They then end up being a shadow of their former selves performance wise, but with all the ego of a true #1 because that's the role they try to fill.

I think it's too early to tell.

At the time, I didn't want to gut our what was left 2010 draft for an injury prone Boldin, and I've never wanted anything to do with Houshmenzadah.

In future hindsight, if Major Harris and Corey Wooten don't pan out and Boldin manages to stay uncharacteristically healthy, then maybe we should have made that move.

I still say no to Housh no matter what. He's the next version of Alvin Harper or Peerless Price that had exaggerated stats by having a true #1 playing across from them getting all the attention. They then end up being a shadow of their former selves performance wise, but with all the ego of a true #1 because that's the role they try to fill.

LT I got to mess with you about the name Major Harris being a former disc jockey on the Chi-town bar circuit Major Harris had a song entitled "Love Won't Let Me Wait" back in the day. I know you meant Major Wright but I think we alll need to have a sense of humor this year. That song wouldn't be on your I-pod would it ?

LT I got to mess with you about the name Major Harris being a former disc jockey on the Chi-town bar circuit Major Harris had a song entitled "Love Won't Let Me Wait" back in the day. I know you meant Major Wright but I think we alll need to have a sense of humor this year. That song wouldn't be on your I-pod would it ?

Now that I think about it for a minute there was a QB who had a stellar college career for West Va. that had the same name who did not make it in the NFL. Is that who you were thinking of ?

There was a Major Harris that played for WV many years back....

Also a Major Dad that played Hearst in the great HBO "Deadwood" series...but I digress!

Now that I think about it for a minute there was a QB who had a stellar college career for West Va. that had the same name who did not make it in the NFL. Is that who you were thinking of ?

That one's it. Who names a kid Major? Why not go full bore and name them General or Admiral if you're going with a military rank?

LT you'll like this one my brother had a friend who played in his band who preferred to go as Luetienant in staead of his given name Luciuos.

Wow. There must be a story behind that.

I think I block it out because on some sitcom they have a gag where every time someone uses General or Major with their other meanings, they salute whatever was said. So they could end up in conversation saluting:

Major Problem

Major Catastrophe

General Orders

General Anesthesia

etc.

So, whenever I hear or read the name Major Wright, my mind immediately goes to that bit, but because it's so stupid, and I don't want to associate something so stupid with the beloved, my brain goes into a kind of Error 404: Permissions denied. Which then in turn gives me a massive mental block about the guy's name.

Probably WTMI, but it's sort of a preemptive strike to explain why I'm likely to mess up his name again and again in the future.

Neither of the recivers mentioned are burners, both are possession type of recievers, I will stick with what we got, DA it was a fluke but he I feel he will rebound still to early to tell. But injury concerns on Bolden and I fell there is more to the TJ release then is being put out.

I'm with you...the answer is no and no. I had a Cards fan telling me how great Boldin was ('cause he knew I didn't want to trade for him) and all I said was that his team put up 10 pts. Any way, it's early in the season Boldin is not injured yet but he will be.

Housh...we don't need him either because we already have the younger version in Iglesias. Neither fit in Martz' offense very well.

You really think Iglesias is a younger version of Housh and Inglesias was waived on September 4th and is on the practice squad which is basically saying that he is not what they anticipated what he would become? He is another one of Jerry Angelo's busts that did not live up to the potential at all. Inglesias is a scrub at best and should be completely cut at this point. We need a proven receiver to help the two receivers that we have that will continue to be something in Knox and Aromashodu. Now there is a possibility to obtain Vincent Jackson from San Diego and we know that won't happen. We got lucky last Sunday against the Lions and it will be a very long season and we will not play .500 football.

I'm with you...the answer is no and no. I had a Cards fan telling me how great Boldin was ('cause he knew I didn't want to trade for him) and all I said was that his team put up 10 pts. Any way, it's early in the season Boldin is not injured yet but he will be.

Housh...we don't need him either because we already have the younger version in Iglesias. Neither fit in Martz' offense very well.

You really think Iglesias is a younger version of Housh and Inglesias was waived on September 4th and is on the practice squad which is basically saying that he is not what they anticipated what he would become? He is another one of Jerry Angelo's busts that did not live up to the potential at all. Inglesias is a scrub at best and should be completely cut at this point. We need a proven receiver to help the two receivers that we have that will continue to be something in Knox and Aromashodu. Now there is a possibility to obtain Vincent Jackson from San Diego and we know that won't happen. We got lucky last Sunday against the Lions and it will be a very long season and we will not play .500 football.

IMHO I would go after Jackson and get rid of Bennett and Davis. Not that I don't like the two but I would rather the Bears have two speed guys Hester & Knox and two tall bodies DA and Jackson and groom Iglesias to take Davis spot on special teams.

Just a point on glesias. How do we know he's a bust? He's had one game. You say he's on the PS & that says he's not what they thought? Aromashodu was on 3 teams PS's & cut from all of them wasn't he yet he's the great new hope for us! Some guys just need more time

Flea, but honest. DA is the great hope like Moses Moreno was... Just because he seems like he has potential doesn't mean he's the real real. I believe he can be a solid contributor, but he's no Vincent Jackson.

Just a point on glesias. How do we know he's a bust? He's had one game. You say he's on the PS & that says he's not what they thought? Aromashodu was on 3 teams PS's & cut from all of them wasn't he yet he's the great new hope for us! Some guys just need more time

Flea, but honest. DA is the great hope like Moses Moreno was... Just because he seems like he has potential doesn't mean he's the real real. I believe he can be a solid contributor, but he's no Vincent Jackson.

I'm not convinved either Mad he's shown promise but I need to see it for more than a couple games. Just there are some who think he's going to the pro-bowl(not neccesarily this board)