Beating the Cowboys

Wesson44

On beating the Cowboys......I think we need to have the same effort from the Defense this week as last. But if Peppers can put Romo out it would be a plus. Now i don't wish that but! Now lets see the Boys have Austin,Bryant, Williams, Hurd and Olgetree as WR and Whitten at TE so I think that we are going to try to cover more with the nickel defense.Lacker & brigger can stop the 3 Cowboy RB'S so thats not a problem there. I think that keeping Romo in the pocket and letting Pepprs chase him will be the difference to our offensive game. If we get good field position like we had in the Lions game we will be a different team. We are going to have to block the 3-4 meaning more short passes underneath to Hester and Forte/Taylor to stop their rush. Their back four in the secondary are not that good and can be beaten with our speed...if we have the time( Go O-line) I think we get something long in the return game as well......Bears 24 Dallas 17

Its sort of funny how similar the situation for the two teams is.

In Dallas:

- Major OL concerns. Their OL was a ? entering the season, then they lost two starters in camp. Columbo "might" be back at RT, but that is yet unknown. If he is, he likely will not be 100%. Baron replaced him last week, and his play was reminicent of Pace at LT or Omiyale at OG. Yes, he was that bad. He was burned early and often, and I believe racked up 3 holding penalties to boot. The rest of the OL wasn't good, but Baron really stuck out. I read that Peppers did most of his damage last week lining up opposite the RT. Peppers could have a field day against either Baron or Columbo.

- In large part due to the weakness of the OL, Wash was effective sending the blitz too. OL needed help to deal with the DL, thus LBs were more often finding free paths to the QB. If Briggs and Urlacher can attack as they did against Detroit, we could really amp up the pressure on Romo.

- Their OC is under fire (big time) for not running the ball. Dallas' OL doesn't pass protect well, but they are huge and do well run blocking. Dallas had a 4.7 ypc avg running the ball, but Jason Garrett (OC) simply didn't call many run plays. Barber (8), Felix Jones (8), Choice (5). 22 runs doesn't sound awful, but its pretty dang low when compared to the 47 times Romo dropped back to pass. And this was a close game throughout. I think Dallas is going to try and run the ball a lot more, not just because they are effective at it, but because Garrett was so ripped for not running the ball more in game one. This will be a tough test. We stuffed Det's run game, but Dallas is far better. OL is big and they have several RBs that can hurt you. Jones is the one to worry about. Barber can plow, but Jones can take it to the house. Not saying we need to stack the box, but we need to maintain lanes and keep them out of the second level.

- Roy Williams is an okay WR, and Dez Bryant is a great WR in the making, but missed a lot of time and looked poor. His route running is bad, and he didn't create separation well. The WR without question to worry about is Austin. He has become their unquestioned stud. he will catch it short and pickup the YAC, but kills running downfield. If we leave Bowman on an island against him, we will be burned.

- On the other side of the ball, its all about the OL. They have a very good D, especially in the front 7. Ware is a stud, and we really need to double team him. He will move all over the DL, but where ever he goes, so should a TE or RB to compensate. He will embarrass Williams or Omiyale if left on an island. A particular concern is how poorly our OL has played in the past against 3-4s. My top hope this time around is our RBs do a better job picking up the rush.

- Two areas to really attack them are with the TE and a speed WR running shorter routes. If knox would run the right route, he could really do some damage. Olsen, if he can hold onto the ball, could be huge. Cooley was Washington's most effective weapon against Dallas. They are aggressive with their LBs upfront, and their safeties are not all that, so TEs can find big holes.

As with the Det game, we really need to get the ball out of Cutlers hands as quickly as possible. Utilize quick hits to speedy WRs, and attack the seam with Olsen. Running the ball will be tough, but gotta stick with it.

Their special teams is not good, and an area we should really try to win, thus winning field position battle. Their coverage units have struggled, both in game one and in preseason. Their return units hvae not done well either. Heck, their FG kicker even missed his only attempt and has been getting ripped.

Its funny, but here in Dallas, many are predicting Dallas to lose. Washington is not considered a good team this year, and for Dallas to not only lose to them, but frankly never looked very good during the game, has many fans here pretty down on the team. If Jason Garrett gets his head out of his arce, this team could be very different, but as questionable as we played in week one, this week has more potential than many may have thought.

God I want to win this game.

On beating the Cowboys......I think we need to have the same effort from the Defense this week as last. But if Peppers can put Romo out it would be a plus. Now i don't wish that but! Now lets see the Boys have Austin,Bryant, Williams, Hurd and Olgetree as WR and Whitten at TE so I think that we are going to try to cover more with the nickel defense.Lacker & brigger can stop the 3 Cowboy RB'S so thats not a problem there. I think that keeping Romo in the pocket and letting Pepprs chase him will be the difference to our offensive game. If we get good field position like we had in the Lions game we will be a different team. We are going to have to block the 3-4 meaning more short passes underneath to Hester and Forte/Taylor to stop their rush. Their back four in the secondary are not that good and can be beaten with our speed...if we have the time( Go O-line) I think we get something long in the return game as well......Bears 24 Dallas 17

As long as we don't turn over the ball and at least get 75% scoring in the red zone (last week we were 0 for 4) and don't go for it on 4th down in the red zone, we have a great chance to win. And if Lovie misses the flight we even have a better chance.

The two most important keys to the game are protecting Jay Cutler and getting to Tony Romo on the other side of the ball. If we can manage that we will put points on the board and create some turnovers. Dallas' receivers are too good and will eat us alive if we can't get pressure on Romo, and when I say pressure I really mean sacks. He's extraordinarily good at evading tackles in the pocket so it's imperative that we bring him down before he can get rid of the ball. I'm not so worried about there running backs. I think our defense is best at stopping the run anyways, especially with our linebackers and our safeties are better in run support than pass coverage.

If I worked for a boss that gave me vacations every year and didn't work me hard, I'd like him too. Odds are the company's results would be poor... Henceforth, where we are at...

And yes, I too agree that the Dallas game is winnable.

Funny how you guys keep slammin Lovie , but his players love him.

Anyway, I agree with Terra on this, same offensive preformance without the fumbles will win the game.

Really? Do you honestly believe that they aren't just towing the line? You only hear grumblings when things have gotten so bad, it's the point of no return. Smith treats his players like a Club Med...so of course they love him.

The Cobays are beatable...but we have to not make the plethora of greivous errors in play and in coaching.

Well since "they" actually play the game where "we" just watch, think their endorsement is pretty legit.

I too will be interested to see how things end up if, nee when, the Bears win this weekend.

No, but he got deep into the playoffs. A game away from the SB.

Yeah. If we had Cowher, he'd have come cheaper...

well did Jauran ever take his team to a superbowl? And would have peppers came here if the staff was different? I think not. If the Bears win this week I beleive this forum will say it is in spite of LS

Anyway, I agree with Terra on this, same offensive preformance without the fumbles will win the game.

First of all, have you considered that the players say they love him because if they don't they will get a quick ride out of town, ala RW McQuarters and many other players that were decent players and should have stayed Bears but dared to disagree with the Cover 2 guru Lovie?

Secondly, have you considered that maybe the players love him because he doesn't make them work very hard?

Just possibilities....I favour the former but both could be true....

Guest TerraTor

I think they love him cause he treats em like babies and never yells. Its obvious since nothing changes and he accepts their sloppy BS play.

No, but he got deep into the playoffs. A game away from the SB.

Yeah. If we had Cowher, he'd have come cheaper...

Lets talk about cowher a minute. With Cowher you know your gonna get a Running back that is as big as Garza running the ball. So forte is out. Second your gonna get 3-4 Defense. Peppers, Url, Briggs amd Harris will not be involved, there are to many changes in Cowher hire and the Bears have way to much money invested in thye 4-3 to make that change. Peppers playing tackle? Or LB? LMAO And I know Peppers stated he would would like to try 3-4, But honestly would he even play half of what he is at DE?

Please, Peppers, Url, Briggs and Harris (well, maybe not Harris since Cowher might not stand for his BS) would all find roles in any defense. Willie Parker seemed to do OK with Cowher...so your loss of Forte quip really doesn't make much sense. And yeah, we do need a big man yard getting RB! We obviously don't have one now. So let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Something tells me, Cowher would find a way to maximize the defensive and offensive effort in ways that Smith would never consider given the pieces of the puzzle he has at hand.

Lets talk about cowher a minute. With Cowher you know your gonna get a Running back that is as big as Garza running the ball. So forte is out. Second your gonna get 3-4 Defense. Peppers, Url, Briggs amd Harris will not be involved, there are to many changes in Cowher hire and the Bears have way to much money invested in thye 4-3 to make that change. Peppers playing tackle? Or LB? LMAO And I know Peppers stated he would would like to try 3-4, But honestly would he even play half of what he is at DE?

Most people love jobs in which their boss is their friend first and their boss second. Lovie is the nice guy, and that's why they like him. He doesn't really demand much more than an honest effort, but then again it's hard to demand much more when your own employees can call you out for being a poor "manager."

Most people love jobs in which their boss is their friend first and their boss second. Lovie is the nice guy, and that's why they like him. He doesn't really demand much more than an honest effort, but then again it's hard to demand much more when your own employees can call you out for being a poor "manager."

Common jason, Have you been in the locker room to hear any of Smiths words to determine weather he is leader or not? Dungy had the same attitude and accomplished much in Indy. I dont buy it, Players Know what to do , Jamie Dukes said it today He did not see Phillips on the field to make plays, it was on the QB. I pretty much have been touting that aspect as well. Though I never played pro ball I take the word of someone that has been in the huddle and knows the deal. Pretty Much all contention is that if a Coach looses the locker room then he is gone. Look at Singletary in SF, they are claiming he is loosing the looker room. Yelling and Old school manners are being questioned at this point.

Lovie and the staff will have this year and next to show what can happen if they have the players and coaches to do it with. Reason I say that is the contracts that were given, All the coaches have 2 years left on their contracts. So this is going to be long 2 years on this forum for alot of you guys.