Bears at Giants, 10/3/10

balta1701-A

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to take the award. I'm a few too many beers into this game and am not thinking rationally. As I made mention in the other post to my initial rant, I'm just venting...

But yeah. I think Orton throws the ball away instead of holding onto it... Doesn't make a difference in the score though. Although he might still be upright.

That was THE worst post of the year. Kyle Orton won a mighty 8 games last year despite his "great decision making" ability. If Cutler had Ryan Clady and that OL this year, he'd be even better then he's been. You think Orton would be any better this game? Please.

I've always like Kyle's decision making. Didn't think he had enough physical skills. But a great line and good WR's...and maby good coaching makes a difference.

I'm just numb right now...

THis game is just really miserable to watch. I sense the D is getting too tired...they can't do it all.

Kyle Orton also has the best offensive line in football, keep that in mind. With that said he's still a pretty solid quarterback.

Why isn't Caleb Hanie in the game? He's a better quarterback than the old man that's in there now.

Because success against guys trying to avoid getting cut in a pre-season game is not a good barometer of success. I almost want Caleb in this game so he can get planted a few times and we can move on to another jesus. Maybe someone on the practice squad.

Yeah but the game was decided. The offense lost it for us tonight.

Correction: The coaching and the front office lost it for us tonight. Can't blame the offense when it's clear the OL is the worst in the NFL, and have been for multiple seasons, and the offensive coordinator refuses to modify his gameplan to allow for SOME protection and SOME short routes.

This was a perfect storm kind of game.

Horrible OL + Great DL + 7-step drops = Hurt QBs

Correction: The coaching and the front office lost it for us tonight. Can't blame the offense when it's clear the OL is the worst in the NFL, and have been for multiple seasons, and the offensive coordinator refuses to modify his gameplan to allow for SOME protection and SOME short routes.

This was a perfect storm kind of game.

Horrible OL + Great DL + 7-step drops = Hurt QBs

Hold on there chief, weren't you the one singing the praises of the OC as some sort of genius.

And when I say the game is on the offense I mean every part of it, OC included.

Hold on there chief, weren't you the one singing the praises of the OC as some sort of genius.

And when I say the game is on the offense I mean every part of it, OC included.

If your clarification is what you meant, then we are in agreement. Yes, I touted Martz. I still think he's the best OC we've had in many, many year. But he screwed the pooch on this one, and should have adjusted to the punishment that Cutler was taking. With that said, I still place the majority of the blame on the OL and the combo of Lovie/Angelo for not addressing it sooner (i.e. in any of the last three years' drafts).