Redskins @ Bears, 10/24/10

balta1701-A

The 3-3 Redskins come to visit the 4-2 Bears, although the Bears haven't looked good at all their last 3 games. The Redskins are coming off a close loss at the hands of the Colts, where Manning was able to move the ball effectively both in the air and on the ground.

Winning this game going into the Bye Week is actually quite important in terms of the playoffs.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler: 20-34, 239 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's (gets sacked 5 times)

Forte: 13 rushes, 43 yards, 4 catches, 46 yards

Taylor: 7 rushes, 23 yards, 2 catches, 9 yards, 1 TD

Knox: 5 catches, 67 yards, 1 TD

Gould: 3-4 on FG

Peppers: 2 sacks

Bears 23-21

(I know I said shoot-out originally, but it looks like rain will be in the area.)

The 3-3 Redskins come to visit the 4-2 Bears, although the Bears haven't looked good at all their last 3 games. The Redskins are coming off a close loss at the hands of the Colts, where Manning was able to move the ball effectively both in the air and on the ground.

Winning this game going into the Bye Week is actually quite important in terms of the playoffs.

This is such a strange season. Every game now is scary. Will we have an OL this game? Will Cutler revert to ints? Will Martz have his head up his butt? How ong wi the D have to be on the field "bending" then snapping?

Crap, this is not much fun!

To quote someone "Just win, baby!"

Man Cutler and this offense are terrible!!!!

What the freak has Cutler done wrong this game? Other than that square-in pass to Bennett that was obviously off, he has had a hand in his face, a collapsing pocket, or a shoulder pad in his chest on every play. At a certain point there is literally nothing he can do when all five linemen are getting blown up.

pretty pathetic at this point. looks like a JV game at this point. Unrelated to the game, but after this season i would fire everyone from JA on down to the guy would hads out the towels...hire Cowher and give him whatever power he wants. It cant be any worse that what we have. We need to get back to Bears football. Tough D and run the damn ball. It is getting sickening to see such a proud franchise be run into the ground.

hopefully we can play better football after the first qtr

What the freak has Cutler done wrong this game? Other than that square-in pass to Bennett that was obviously off, he has had a hand in his face, a collapsing pocket, or a shoulder pad in his chest on every play. At a certain point there is literally nothing he can do when all five linemen are getting blown up.

He has missed two wide open throws to Knox and Bennett for a first down.

This is, yet again, a game in which it looks like the Defense is playing pretty well, but the offensive ineptitude - almost exclusively a result of atrocious play by the OL - is going to get the Defense tired. That fatigue, along with the relaxed natured of the cover-2 and the minimal pressure it creates on the QB, will result in points for the Redskins. Unless something changes, the Redskins will pull away late.

He has missed two wide open throws to Knox and Bennett for a first down.

I mentioned the Bennett throw. Granted.

There was pressure on the Knox throw. Considering he's the franchise, I'm quite sure that the coaching staff has given him guidance to be EXTREMELY careful with any sort of pressure.

pretty pathetic at this point. looks like a JV game at this point. Unrelated to the game, but after this season i would fire everyone from JA on down to the guy would hads out the towels...hire Cowher and give him whatever power he wants. It cant be any worse that what we have. We need to get back to Bears football. Tough D and run the damn ball. It is getting sickening to see such a proud franchise be run into the ground.

hopefully we can play better football after the first qtr

Nice pipe dream, but we all know it's not happening. I wish it were.

Side note:

Martz has called...

1) Max protect

2) Roll outs

3) Play action

4) Wildcat

5) WR screen

6) Conventional run off tackle

7) RB screen

And it has ALL been blown up because the OL gets tossed around like a 80lb hooker. WTF is Martz supposed to call? I can imagine his frustration when the plays don't ever get a chance to succeed because of the garbage OL, and then down/distance limits options. It makes matters worse when the opponent KNOWS the Bears can't run because of the garbage OL. Hands are tied at that point.

--EDIT--

And when the OL finally does protect, Hester falls down on a perfectly thrown ball.

This is, yet again, a game in which it looks like the Defense is playing pretty well, but the offensive ineptitude - almost exclusively a result of atrocious play by the OL - is going to get the Defense tired. That fatigue, along with the relaxed natured of the cover-2 and the minimal pressure it creates on the QB, will result in points for the Redskins. Unless something changes, the Redskins will pull away late.

Well you were one of the biggest supporters of this whole Martz debacle. The genius playcalling, the exciting attacking nature, blah blah blah.

All we are seeing is a bunch of third and longs, going for a record of sacks, an offense that is becoming as terrible as the shoop days.