Worst Coach Ever

xvflutop

Which in my view was still incorrectly called and missed the so called expert that was an NFL ref that Fox uses. Losing that challenge made Lovie gun shy for the next play with Cutler. I just do not understand how you do not keep the ball and I think fake the run up the gut and let the QB roll out wide and in. Of course if Walter was still alive and playing, they would have let Walter go up and over the top for the six. This just goes to show how far we continue to fall each day with this team and this coaching staff and GM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't challenge a play when you are under 2 min to go in a half. Even so I was baffled at how the officials didn't even take a look at it. It was obvious that Cutler's arm was extended past the goaline and it was a touchdown.

you are correct that you can't challenge a play within 2 minutes of the half....but the fumble occured at 11:54 left in the 3rd quarter

How can you not challenge that fumble on the goal line? It was clearly a TD.. But of course lovie challenges the obvious not in the endzone bennet play.

I agree he should have challenged the fumble but I can think of several Bears coaches worse than Lovie - Abe Gibron, Wanny, and Jauron all come to mind. Then you have the obvious idiots that have coached for other teams just in the past 10 years - Marty Morningwig, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Rod Marinelli, etc...

Lovie has a ton of faults and their is a big part of me that wants him gone but he is by far not the worst coach ever.

Peace :dabears

I agree he should have challenged the fumble but I can think of several Bears coaches worse than Lovie - Abe Gibron, Wanny, and Jauron all come to mind. Then you have the obvious idiots that have coached for other teams just in the past 10 years - Marty Morningwig, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Rod Marinelli, etc...

Lovie has a ton of faults and their is a big part of me that wants him gone but he is by far not the worst coach ever.

Peace :dabears

Fair enough. I wrote that immediately following the game when i was still in football mode. Now that I'm in normal living mode I agree that assessment is a bit much.

Fair enough. I wrote that immediately following the game when i was still in football mode. Now that I'm in normal living mode I agree that assessment is a bit much.

Quick question, did the Bears challenge the play before the QB sneak where Cutler fumbled the ball. I was in line for Beer and missed that portion of the game? If they did was it overturned? Because then they couldnt challenge the qb sneak cuz they had used theirs already. Please correct me if im wrong.

Quick question, did the Bears challenge the play before the QB sneak where Cutler fumbled the ball. I was in line for Beer and missed that portion of the game? If they did was it overturned? Because then they couldnt challenge the qb sneak cuz they had used theirs already. Please correct me if im wrong.

Yes they challenged the play before on Earl Bennett being down at the 1. Then the Cutler sneak happened on 1st and goal. They could have challenged that as well. They get 2 challenges per half.

Yes they challenged the play before on Earl Bennett being down at the 1. Then the Cutler sneak happened on 1st and goal. They could have challenged that as well. They get 2 challenges per half.

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought you get 1 challenge a half and if you use both and are correct you can earn a 3rd Challenge in the 2nd half. Please tell me I’m right because I may freak out if we could have challenged that goal line fumble and didn’t.

Side note I heard that the Bears are 0 for 10 on goal line snaps on the Score this morning. That is about as low as you can get!

Damn. I'm torn. I will never rip someone for calling Smith the worst coach ever... And although that was a bad move, there were probably worse coaches than Smith. But, what the hell...Smith is the worst coach ever since Wanny! :P

How can you not challenge that fumble on the goal line? It was clearly a TD.. But of course lovie challenges the obvious not in the endzone bennet play.

I think for every correct challenge, you get another. Max of 2 per half...no?

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought you get 1 challenge a half and if you use both and are correct you can earn a 3rd Challenge in the 2nd half. Please tell me I’m right because I may freak out if we could have challenged that goal line fumble and didn’t.

Side note I heard that the Bears are 0 for 10 on goal line snaps on the Score this morning. That is about as low as you can get!

I think for every correct challenge, you get another. Max of 2 per half...no?

I'm pretty sure the rule is you get 2 challenges a game. If you win both you get a third. When you challenge makes no difference.

Just looked it up. That is the rule. I'm sure Lovie said something about how he thought the defense would give them the ball back in good field position, but how can you honestly take 7 points away from yourself? It may not have changed the outcome of the game, but the Redskin O was doing nothing to impress. Make it a two score lead then force them to punt and run out of the clock.

Yeah, I have no idea how Lovie doesn't challenge that. He said himself that he doesn't challenge based on the likelihood of overturning the call on the field, he challenges based on how crucial the call would be if he wins. Whether you like that approach or dislike it, it's clear that he should have challenged the Cutler fumble. If he wins, it gets rid of a turnover and gives Chicago a hefty lead. Lovie always preaches turnover differential, and he had to know that his offense would struggle to get down there and score again. By his own rules, he should have thrown the challenge flag, regardless of what happened on the previous challenge. Huge coaching error, and it ended up costing Chicago the game.

I thought this post was going to be about Wade Phillips, whom makes Lovie look emotional! :D

We could have a worse head coach......