random quick observations

BearFan2000

Well put!

I will say this...being a Chicago fan gives you the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows! Unfortunately, the highs don't come around often enough! But I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Chicago fan insecurity is the best way I have heard it. We watch our teams through Murphy's Law glasses. Though the shit the Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and in my case White Sox have put me through in my life time make you go crazy. I'm not even going to get into the Cubs' fans, mostly because I enjoy their anguish...lol. We don't think positive until we've won the game or hoisting the trophy. We panic until the horn or whistle blows and basically wait to see the bad happen. Then when the bad happens, we get mad even though we sit there and expect it!!! It drives me crazy, but I'll be the first on to support them, the first one to wonder where the hell our coverage is, and the first to yell at the TV. Being a Chicago fan is painful, but no pain, no gain.

Chicago teams haven't rec'd any respect since Jordan left...and far longer for the Bears.

One guy that I want to punch square in the face is Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio. That jackass continually disses the Bears and Bears fans, lumping everyone as an unthinking Bob Swerski clone. There's a way to go about saying you just don't think they're as good as they're record vs what this pompous ass says.

I was watching those morons this morning and I was thinking the same thing. No matter who we beat or how we beat, they will say we are weak. We could dominate the next 5 games and squeek out the last and they would dog us out. ESPN hold the flavor of the week's dick every week. They have been drooling over Vick all week, if he has a bad game, they'll be mentioning Kolb's name. Whatever gets them ratings.

Chicago teams haven't rec'd any respect since Jordan left...and far longer for the Bears.

One guy that I want to punch square in the face is Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio. That jackass continually disses the Bears and Bears fans, lumping everyone as an unthinking Bob Swerski clone. There's a way to go about saying you just don't think they're as good as they're record vs what this pompous ass says.

But the bad thing is, it's not just the national media. The local media (Boers, Bernstein, Mac, Mully) rip the Bears all week and then point out all the bad that we did. It's hard to get excited about a game when your own media is slapping you in the face. It's like trying to build a house and your buddy keeps stealing the damn bricks. Their act is tired and old. Every media outlet has people who gets more obnoxious day after day Rome, Cowherd, Kornheiser, Wilbon. But the one thing that those ass clowns have in common...they all have TV shows as well. Granted Rome was a douche already, but Cowherd wasn't as bad until he got that damn show. So now everybody wants to be a "shock jock" and they don't realize that they are biting the hand that feeds them.

But the bad thing is, it's not just the national media. The local media (Boers, Bernstein, Mac, Mully) rip the Bears all week and then point out all the bad that we did. It's hard to get excited about a game when your own media is slapping you in the face. It's like trying to build a house and your buddy keeps stealing the damn bricks. Their act is tired and old. Every media outlet has people who gets more obnoxious day after day Rome, Cowherd, Kornheiser, Wilbon. But the one thing that those ass clowns have in common...they all have TV shows as well. Granted Rome was a douche already, but Cowherd wasn't as bad until he got that damn show. So now everybody wants to be a "shock jock" and they don't realize that they are biting the hand that feeds them.

I should point out that the talking heads primarily said nothing but good things after our win and a lot of them said we have to be considered a dangerous team.

NFL Network in general has pretty fair coverage and I agreed with most of their assesments prior to the game (even though they pretty much all had the Bears losing except Warner). But there rationale was acceptable and overall I felt like they offered fair facts on the team.

I should point out that the talking heads primarily said nothing but good things after our win and a lot of them said we have to be considered a dangerous team.

NFL Network in general has pretty fair coverage and I agreed with most of their assesments prior to the game (even though they pretty much all had the Bears losing except Warner). But there rationale was acceptable and overall I felt like they offered fair facts on the team.

The good things said are because until this Sunday, we are the flavor of the week.

I wish I had NFL network...AFN gives me mostly ESPN programming. I get PTI, ATH, and Rome.

Colin Cowherd is the Jay Mariotti of ESPN Radio. His job is to get people so pissed off that they keep listening.

DBDB I watched the pregame show and I thought to a man everyone picked the Bears except Rich Eisen. And I believe he did it to be contrarian.

DBDB I watched the pregame show and I thought to a man everyone picked the Bears except Rich Eisen. And I believe he did it to be contrarian.

2 parts. The on the field guys picked the Bears. The in studio guys (Billick and company) went through and picked the Dolphins.

IT was basically two different sets of selections. Mooch is the only guy that will really ever pick against the Bears on the on the field guys (Faulk/Sanders are biased to the Bears as is Warner).