Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, 1/23/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sack pisses me off. Five on the OL, with no TE or RB help. There is no way the Bears shit OL can stop the packers four man rush.

I hate this OL right now. And I'm pissed that Martz insists on trusting them. As if the entire season was not a big clue. Round 1: OL. Round 2: OL. Round 3: OL. Etc.

That sack pisses me off. Five on the OL, with no TE or RB help. There is no way the Bears shit OL can stop the packers four man rush.

I hate this OL right now. And I'm pissed that Martz insists on trusting them. As if the entire season was not a big clue. Round 1: OL. Round 2: OL. Round 3: OL. Etc.

They got that sack with a 3 man rush. And the playcalling didn't have anything to do with it...that was just a complete failure by the line.

This game is already pissing me off. More sacks on Cutler. Get rid of the freakin ball or call shorter routes FFS! How hard is it?!

That had very little to do with Cutler not getting rid of the ball. What did he have, 1 second before the pocket collapsed? That's what a horrible OL gets you.

They got that sack with a 3 man rush. And the playcalling didn't have anything to do with it...that was just a complete failure by the line.

I could've sworn it was 4. But you're probably right. I guess anger blinded me. 5 on 3, and they can't stop it. Pathetic.

You must be watching another game, because that last sack was not a Cutler holding the ball. That was the line collapsing around him within a second, and he steps up and dies.

I meant it more as an indictment on Martz. Call short quick passes and force Cutler to get rid of the ball. Rodgers takes about 2 steps before throwing a quick slant.

After the first drive, I would have called that an F- quarter. Now, however, I'd say it's a C.

Positives:

-The beginnings of room in the running game

-The beginning of pressure on D

-Peppers destroying the OTs

-Decent coverage by the Bears secondary

Negatives:

-Field position

-Horrible OL play on a sack and a FS

-Bad overthrow by Cutler on a play that could have been huge

-Hester has been neutralized on ST

Usually we can blame the Mike Brown effect for the 2nd half swoon of our defense. Maybe its just because this defensive scheme is outdated.

That's what I think. I hate the way this defense plays, regardless of the results. It is a philosophy that contends one of two things:

1) The other team will make a mistake

2) The defense will cause the other team to turn the ball over

Percentage-wise, it's hard to argue with. I admit that.

The problem is, with sound teams who have decent offensive lines, the QB just has to sit back and find the gaps in the zone. Or throw slants all day, apparently. It's even worse - as we have seen this game - when the Bears' front four gets stoned, and the LBs can't fill the gaps, because they it opens up the run as well.