Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, 1/23/11

balta1701-A

That's three, THREE, passes that Cutler has missed Hester when he has been open. Huge.

The first one would have had the Bears on the Packers 10.

The second was Hester on a drag outlet that would have gone for decent yards.

The third was probably a missed TD.

Huge.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a weak ass holding call.

Agreed. That was horseshit. That was not a hold. The guy slipped and it made the block look like a hold. Cost the Bears at least three points.

In officiating clinics, from the NFL to high school, they say you should see the entire play, and it should be a penalty that stands out to the guy in the nose-bleeds. They say you should act like a cop, and you never pull someone over for 56 in a 55. You get'em for 70 in a 55. That "hold" was a 56 in a 55.

You would think the packs offensive line is an allpro line with the protection they are getting. We are getting no pressure on them. Then our line is just filled with misfits and weakness.

But hasn't that been the case THE ENTIRE SEASON!? On both lines?

Bears arent playing their game. Theyre playing not to lose and way too safe. Its simply not them. This is the first time in two years Ive seen Cutler have time to plant his feet and make a strike and miss numerous throws. Its just not our game. When the game started I was in agreement that we need to force them to beat us on the ground, and they are. Now it appears the Packers will take anything we hand them. So its time to line up, take some chances and do what it is that got you to the NFC Championship.

Actually, if Martz and Cutler dont get their heads out of their asses it will be a long bad game.

I've actually only seen Cutler make one stupid throw...the one that Olsen just knocked down. Other than that, he's played smartly. Accuracy to Hester? That's another issue.

As for Martz, it looks like the second quarter has had a lot more protection in there. Successful? Not so much. I would say, however, that he's not calling a great game. I'd like more short routes, slants...ya know...like the Packers are murdering the Bears with.

The one thing that is without contention is that the OL is playing horribly, as usual. Even when Martz dials up something that looks promising, the OL has continually jacked it up.

Bears arent playing their game. Theyre playing not to lose and way too safe. Its simply not them. This is the first time in two years Ive seen Cutler have time to plant his feet and make a strike and miss numerous throws. Its just not our game. When the game started I was in agreement that we need to force them to beat us on the ground, and they are. Now it appears the Packers will take anything we hand them. So its time to line up, take some chances and do what it is that got you to the NFC Championship.

Pressure bursts pipes. Cutler looks like he is freaking out half the time. If he hits the open guys this game is tied right now.

Martz is freaking out and going to his 7 step drops. The play calling has been average at best. They need to keep the ball out of Rodgers hands. Its not happening.

And that last play was a joke.

I've actually only seen Cutler make one stupid throw...the one that Olsen just knocked down. Other than that, he's played smartly. Accuracy to Hester? That's another issue.

As for Martz, it looks like the second quarter has had a lot more protection in there. Successful? Not so much. I would say, however, that he's not calling a great game. I'd like more short routes, slants...ya know...like the Packers are murdering the Bears with.

The one thing that is without contention is that the OL is playing horribly, as usual. Even when Martz dials up something that looks promising, the OL has continually jacked it up.

Stop it. Cutler has missed on several open throws and the time of possession is terrible.

Pressure bursts pipes. Cutler looks like he is freaking out half the time. If he hits the open guys this game is tied right now.

Martz is freaking out and going to his 7 step drops. The play calling has been average at best. They need to keep the ball out of Rodgers hands. Its not happening.

And that last play was a joke.

Dude, it was 3rd and 7. What play should have been called? The packers knew it was a pass, everyone knew it was a pass. The packers just happened to send a blitz through a massive hole in protection. Looked like Cutler went from one read to another, and by the time he got to the second guy, he got hit.

Stop it. Cutler has missed on several open throws and the time of possession is terrible.

Please read my shit before making stupid comments.

He has made ONE stupid throw. The kind that people give him grief about. ONE.

His accuracy to Hester is something else. He simply missed some throws. But they weren't bad decisions.