Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, 1/23/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The oddsmakers have the Packers. The national meda and casual fans have the Packers. Rodgers is becoming the new Favre. Everything points that the Packers should win.

However, this is why the games are played.

We have a chance. In fact, we have a good chance. If the Bears play similar to this past weekend, it could be had. The O line will have to do a beter job and the D line will have to do a better job. We need to run and stop the run. And I think we need a little Hester magic in the return game. Lastly, I think the crowd will play a huge role and list the spirits of Chicago and subdue the Packers.

Now, we just need to play. 1 hour of play will determine if we are SB bound.

Bear the F down!

:dabears

Like I said in another thread, if Lovie Smith wants to bring in former players I would definitely want Butkus and Ditka there to help get this team even more fired up then they should already be. I hope that the defense some how gets the anger that Butkus used to work himself into and that the offense gets some of Da' Coach's intensity from his playing days and that this team comes out ready to kick some Cheese Head a$$*$. It is hard to believe at one time I was able to like that team up in Cheese Head land. No more and it is time to send that damn team packing and home for the weekend of February 6, 2011. This team needs to learn and understand what it means to Bear Down against our hated rival. Anything short of a victory in this game should get Smith and Angelo fired. This team needs to show up and play and win this game. My thought is similar to the last two games this season in score with Da' Bears winning a close one by field goal. I could see this being 13-10 or 17-14.

As much as we'd love Ditka and Butkus, I don't see it happeneing. Butkus seems a bit removed from the team. And Smith wants to distance himself from the only former coach to win a SB. I could see other guys, like Thayer, McMichael, Dent, Hampton make an appearance though.

Honestly, I think they just need to keep doing what they've been doing. Whatever it is, it seems to be working.

Like I said in another thread, if Lovie Smith wants to bring in former players I would definitely want Butkus and Ditka there to help get this team even more fired up then they should already be. I hope that the defense some how gets the anger that Butkus used to work himself into and that the offense gets some of Da' Coach's intensity from his playing days and that this team comes out ready to kick some Cheese Head a$$*$. It is hard to believe at one time I was able to like that team up in Cheese Head land. No more and it is time to send that damn team packing and home for the weekend of February 6, 2011. This team needs to learn and understand what it means to Bear Down against our hated rival. Anything short of a victory in this game should get Smith and Angelo fired. This team needs to show up and play and win this game. My thought is similar to the last two games this season in score with Da' Bears winning a close one by field goal. I could see this being 13-10 or 17-14.

I love your passion, but Smith and Angelo will not be fired if they lose. NFL owners don't fire coaches/gms when their teams make the championship game.

Peace :dabears

With all due respect, I'd much rather hoist the next one.

Indeed but with all due respect that is the one they are playing for & they can't hoist the big one without hoisting that one ;)

Plus it is the first year that ones being handed out & is pretty sweet looking

I really think this team needs to have it's own identity or the Bears will forever live in the shadow of the 85. What the 85 Bears did is great and special unto itself. But time for the 2010 Bears to make their own mark on history and bring back the Lombardi trophy to Halas Hall where it belongs.

I fully agree.

I don't mind a few guys on the sidelines...heck, there's nothing more I'd love to see than Bill Murray wearing his leather helmet again! I don't mind a link to the past. I just don't want a shackle...

I really think this team needs to have it's own identity or the Bears will forever live in the shadow of the 85. What the 85 Bears did is great and special unto itself. But time for the 2010 Bears to make their own mark on history and bring back the Lombardi trophy to Halas Hall where it belongs.

I think I'd rather beat the Packers in this game than win the SB. Not that both woudlnt' be nice, but seeing the Pack turn into another perennial powerhouse at the hands of another allpro QB for years to come....too much. Thus far the packers under Rodgers have been losers and they only barely made the playoffs this year. This is our chance to send them home muttering yet another "wait 'til next year", and that's a beautiful thing.

I understand your thoughts...but, one game at a time.

Let's just beat Green Bay.

:dabears

I think I'd rather beat the Packers in this game than win the SB. Not that both woudlnt' be nice, but seeing the Pack turn into another perennial powerhouse at the hands of another allpro QB for years to come....too much. Thus far the packers under Rodgers have been losers and they only barely made the playoffs this year. This is our chance to send them home muttering yet another "wait 'til next year", and that's a beautiful thing.

You mentioned a preferece of one game vs the other at the onset of your comment...I was just saying, let's just worry about the game at hand this weekend.

BEAT THE PACKERS! ...on that, we all agree!

:cheers

Hey, did you quote the wrong person?. Since "beat Green Bay is what's important" is what I said:) Unless you were just agreeing.

You mentioned a preferece of one game vs the other at the onset of your comment...I was just saying, let's just worry about the game at hand this weekend.

BEAT THE PACKERS! ...on that, we all agree!

:cheers

Ah, indeed, but my preference was based on being so wound up for this next one, regardless of whatever goes down at the Super Bowl...I'll worry about the SB later.

You see that news article where the ticket broker says this conference championship is the hottest ticket going in Chicago sports history? I know I'm not the only one. It doesn't hurt that this is the one that gets you to the dance...the media day interviews, newspaper press, late night hosts joking about 'em, half the US hunkered down watching our Bears on the big day...that all happens if we beat Green Bay...and doesn't happen to Green Bay at the same time!! Too sweet! I can't wait.