I believe

Alaskan Grizzly

After seeing amazing games played by Seattle, the New York Jets and Pittsburgh since the beginning of this playoff season, I believe that anything can and will happen during the playoff season. With New England, who many "ASSUMED" would walk away with another Super Bowl, out of contention it only proves that point. Chicago is VERY capable of winning a Super Bowl this year. All they need to do is get past the next challenge in Green Bay. All the teams currently left in the playoffs have lost to the Bears in the last two years. And although Chicago lost the last meeting with Green Bay, I don't think it wasn't because they weren't capable. In no stretch of the imagination.

I saw what Tom Shannon wrote earlier and found it interesting that he noticed the Bears played "loose". I was thinking the same thing when they were up 21 in the first half. The team looked like it was having fun. And that is simply awesome to see.

Chicago has in place what it needs to make that run. Some call it luck, I'll go with planned strategy and awesome play and coaching.

:dabears :bringit

I agree that now that NE and ATL are out, it is anyone's for the taking. It all comes down to which team comes to play. The teams are too closely matched for any team to have a real edge.

I just like the fact that Olsen was huge, Taylor got going, and Cutler used his legs. Those are some added dimensions to the game plan that play into our favor. Please just no throwing out of the Wildcat.

in this crazy upside down season we've seen things this season that many, myself included thought unthinkable.

after 7 games standing at 4-3 heading into a bye having lost 3 out the last 4 games heading into the bye. Healthy, D looking solid but the offense lacking any balance trying to play martz ball with a line that couldn't block their way out of a wet paper sack. Rarely running the ball, deep 7 step drops, empty backfields, trying to push the ball down field nearly every play. A stretch of four games that included a physical beat down at the hands of the Giants and Cutler getting concussed and sacked seemingly every time he dropped back. We were then treated the following week to Collins who looks better suited to sack groceries than don and NFL uniform, did his best throw the game away. The fact we won that game really reflects how pitiful Carolina was. With the bye week there was some relief knowing the team had one week off from embarrassing itself. It was a week of fans and local media demanding that the Bears start running the ball more and generally dogging the team, the defense was doing it's job but the offense was killing us. Then we find that something happened during the bye week that also seemed unthinkable martz changed his offensive philosophy to better suit and get the most out of the players we have. We saw balance between passing/running, we saw roll outs, play action, boot legs, we saw Forte and the run game emerge and and open the passing game and make the play action effective. Cutler looked more comfortable and in control and used his legs to make plays by either taking off or buying time to throw. This is the Jay Cutler we traded for. We then rip off 5 straight wins on our way to a 7-2 post bye record to finish at 11-5, heading to the playoffs as the number 2 seed.

Now the playoffs start

NFC seeding being 1. Atlanta, 2. Chicago, 3. Philly, 4. 7-9 Seattle, 5. N.O., and 6. Packers

AFC seeding being 1. NE, 2. Pitt, 3. Indy, 4. KC, 5. Balt, 6. NYJ.

first round matchups

NFC - NO visiting Seatle and GB visiting Philly.

I don't think anyone picked Seattle to dominate the defending champs a 10 point fav and many (myself included) thought NO would win by at least a couple TDs. But any given day and Seattle played out of their minds and NO looked like they expected to walk in and win. GB Philly was expected to be the better game matchup I figured GB would win this one and it was a close one officially ended on a Vick pick to seal it.

AFC - Jets at Colts and Balt at KC. Both of these games I felt could about go either way. Didn't expect to see KC get destroyed and the Colts jets game went down to the wire. Indy left too much time on the clock and allowed a long return to set the jets up to steal this one.

After first round of the playoffs last season's Superbowl contenders were both eliminated. the more surprising elimination being NO.

Round 2 more craziness.

NFC - GB at Atlanta and Seattle at Chicago.

What was expected was a tough game in Atlanta and a walkthrough/potential trap game in Chicago. The bears put away the Seahawks by halftime/3rd Quarter. Gave up some quick scores at the end so the final score looked closer than the game was. The surprise here was seeing the packers beat the crap out of the Falcons in their house. We should have knocked them out in week 17, their presence has altered the course of the NFC playoffs.

AFC - NYJ at Patriots and Balt visiting Pitt. Most surprising though was the win by the Jets, everyone assumed including myself that the superbowl would be NE vs someone from the NFC who would have their hands full trying to win. The jets put their best foot forward and like good foot soldiers they dipped their toes into an upset. I don't like either the Jets or the Pats but the superbowl just became more winnable. Ravens/Stealers game was close and entertaining including a heads up play by the Ravens but Pitt prevailed.

NFC Championship game Bears host Packers.

Certainly the marquee Conf Championship game this year one of the most storied and bitter rivalries, which oddly hasn't faced each other in the post season since the 40's. This game is going to be all out war. Bears will want revenge on the week 17 game on their way to their second SB in four seasons. Will the Bears regret letting the packers into the playoffs or will they show that that they can stop the hot packers in their tracks and send them back to Green Bay with the saying "maybe next year"I feel the Bears can take the packers, yes they blew out atlanta in atlanta. Bears packers games are usually close, and we should have and could have beat them week 17 with a more balanced attack, the Bears D held GB's explosive offense to 10 points 7 of that coming in the second half. It will be a tough win but I think the Bears can do it.

AFC Championship game Jets at Pitt. I have to think the Jet's come up a step short and and see their season go down in defeet. Rex Ryan will finally have his foot in his mouth. Hey maybe the'll get some deals to do footwear commercials.

Superbowl - Bears vs Steelers in Dallas. What a matchup of two similar teams tough D, both effective on the ground and both have mobile big armed QB's. This could be one of those classic superbowl matchups. And should be highly entertaining. still hoping to get my birthday wish a Bears Superbowl win.

We have already beaten two of the top 4 teams in the NFL this season: Packers and Jets. We beat another playoff team in the Eagles who were considered the best in the league at that time. Lost to another playoff team in NE. Beat Dallas too when they were the Superbowl favorites.

BearFan2000 did a great job listing all the ups and down but looking back on it now nobody can say we don't belong where we are.