Season Tickets and parking done

Chitownhustla

What can we do to make an impact on the lockout?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What can we do to make an impact on the lockout?

• Start a webstite to inform the NFL the fans will stand by and not react
    • Start boycotting at the Teams locations
    • Sue both the Player and Owners-anyone a lawyer?
    • Do nothing, it doesnt matter what we do
    • Other- post another option

Finally bought some PSL's this year and got a parking pass!!! It took about 3 years to find the seats i wanted and work a deal. Now that the hard part is over the NFl and Players are in a lockout, can i catch a break!!!!! I was not nervous when this lockout started but have been getting more and more as the months go on. At the start of this mess i was on the owners side, but now im pissed at both sides. From an outsider looking in it looks as tho the owners have come down a lot from their first offer and its now the players turn to come down. Either way if any games are missed i will be pissed at both sides for a long time. Ill still go to the games and root but will jaded to say the least. I would consider myself a big NFL(Bears) fan, borderline obessive. I wonder if the lockout screws the season up how will it affect the casual fan? These two groups better get it together and do it quick. I read an article from Clayton on espn saying that they need to have this deal done by this Saturday the 9th to not have any preseason games missed. So it looks like we are down to the wire this week. Ill be saying a prayer every night!!

:dabears

As the only one to vote so far I think the fans will have to collectively find a way to boycott. If games are missed certainly those who bought PSL and tickets deserve money back. Once games begin to be played the fans will be right back in those seats, and they should be. I'll be right back at my TV watching Bears games. Then how to impact the teams and players revenue stream? Perhaps refusing to purchase any NFL licensed gear. Yet I think that is a very small percentage of revenues.

In the end the only real way to impact revenue is a long term loss of fans as happened to baseball for several years. I think both sides understand what happened there and that's why I tend to think this deal either gets done soon or goes on and destroys this season with no middle ground. Once they start taking games off the schedule each side will start pointing at the other and blaming them, which only forces them to dig their heels in further to defend their points.

If they miss any training camp time I will be dissapointed. I stopped getting the NFL package last year after ten years because of the ever increasing cost. It took almost half the year for the Oline to play decent with all the OTA's and camp last year. Missing any time this year could cost more then just sacks.[/size][/size]

If they miss any training camp time I will be dissapointed. I stopped getting the NFL package last year after ten years because of the ever increasing cost. It took almost half the year for the Oline to play decent with all the OTA's and camp last year. Missing any time this year could cost more then just sacks.[/size][/size]

You bring up a huge point that i would like to add on, we are going into the 2nd year under Martz, this off season would have been huge with refining the system with all the guys. It suck that they did not get all the extra time this off season. i guess we can look on the bright side, it is not our first year in a new system like some teams.