Master list of Bears FA Targets, Rumors, & Reports

Cutsizzle

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/07/25/ch...rumors-targets/

This is updated as reports and rumors come in. Hope it helps you guys.

As far as a WR goes, I've always thought we'd get a true #1 (there ain't none available) or a cheap talented player to compete. I've always thought we'd look at Mike Simm-s Walker. Here the article states:

"Mike Sims-Walker, Jaguars: Sims-Walker is somewhat of an enigma considering his size (6-foot-2, 214 pounds), deceptive speed and smooth route-running ability. Injuries and life outside of football (let’s be clear that he doesn’t have off-the-field issues) have kept Sims-Walker from reaching his full potential."

Can someone explain that last line? How his life outside football has hurt him yet he doesn't have off the field issues? What does that mean?

Well given the parallels drawn with the Bears and Panthers I'd say to expect to see Steve Smith in Chicago soon. I could see it happening. Problem is he's another of what the Bears have already: fast, speedy and small WR's.

Except when he's healthy, he gets himself open and breaks things away.

Rumor has it they went a 3rd round pick.

I know I'm not the Bears, but I'd much rather have Plax for $2m/year.

If it takes a 3rd rounder to get Steve Smith, and he's willing to come to Chicago without objections, I do that in 1/4 a second.

I'd hesitate somewhat on a 2nd rounder.

If it takes a 3rd rounder to get Steve Smith, and he's willing to come to Chicago without objections, I do that in 1/4 a second.

I'd hesitate somewhat on a 2nd rounder.

What year was that when Steve Smith torched us in the Playoffs?? He was a beast then. I have not paid too much attention to him the last 2 years, how has he looked? I know last year they didnt have much of an offense so it would be hard to look at numbers and really gauge how good he could be. Anyone with an idea let me know. If he is still getting seperation then i say trade the 3rd!!!

What year was that when Steve Smith torched us in the Playoffs?? He was a beast then. I have not paid too much attention to him the last 2 years, how has he looked? I know last year they didnt have much of an offense so it would be hard to look at numbers and really gauge how good he could be. Anyone with an idea let me know. If he is still getting seperation then i say trade the 3rd!!!

I think his biggest issue is injuries. When he's healthy he's still a threat. His numbers have been going down obviously, but yeah, their team quality has been going down just as rapidly since his peak.

There won't be. The fools at the hall seem to think we are stocked with Jerry Rice clones in our WR corps. When the reality is quite different...

Cutlner needs some freaking help out there. It has to start with the O Line, and then end with a reliable target that helps instead of hinders.

I'm a little perturbed that there hasn't been any mention of Sidney Rice and the Bears yet.

That was 2005 when Smith made us look bad. He's a little guy who takes a lot of big hits.

If it was just the 3rd, I'd be all for it. The problem is that he's due 15 million over the next two years.

Not making a WR signing could be the biggest blunder they'll make... They need something other than a completely unproven Brad Smith...

Jets have pretty much cut ties with Braylon. So both Braylon and Roy are potential possibilities for the Bears, even though it sounds like they won't be making any major WR signings.