SANZENBACHER

flea

He is a lock to make this team. He's the perfect Mike Martz slot receiver. Looks a little like Wes Welker from a physical standpoint and from what I can tell, he has reliable hands. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year he was our #3 receiver.

I also love this kid. and I think by the end of the year Bennett and Sanzenbacher will have the best chemistry with Cutler. I still think Knox will have a very good year by going over 1000 yards.

He is a lock to make this team. He's the perfect Mike Martz slot receiver. Looks a little like Wes Welker from a physical standpoint and from what I can tell, he has reliable hands. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year he was our #3 receiver.

I predict he's cut and will make the practice squad. He's too damn slow. I just don't think we'll keep more then 5 WR's. (Knox, Bennett, Hurd, Williams & Hester)

Either I'm right or I'm wrong. We'll find out next weekend.

You may be right, he may get cut and put on the PS, but I seriously doubt he will remain there long. Many teams were trying to get him after the lock out. He has nothing but impress in camp. If he cannot make our roster, someone will take him off our hands when he lands on the PS, I do not think he will be there long.

You may be right, he may get cut and put on the PS, but I seriously doubt he will remain there long. Many teams were trying to get him after the lock out. He has nothing but impress in camp. If he cannot make our roster, someone will take him off our hands when he lands on the PS, I do not think he will be there long.

Your right Pix. Remember it was said that 25 teams including the Bears were trying to sign this kid. Considering that and the fact that he was really impressive in camp and we see he is fitting in greatly with Cutler. I believe this year we will keep 6 WR's. Lets also consider that Sanzenbacher is much more the type of WR that Mike Martz really likes and if u think that Mike Martz wont have a say in this u will just be kidding yourself. I think he would really have to screw things up not to make this team.

Your right Pix. Remember it was said that 25 teams including the Bears were trying to sign this kid. Considering that and the fact that he was really impressive in camp and we see he is fitting in greatly with Cutler. I believe this year we will keep 6 WR's. Lets also consider that Sanzenbacher is much more the type of WR that Mike Martz really likes and if u think that Mike Martz wont have a say in this u will just be kidding yourself. I think he would really have to screw things up not to make this team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really rooting for the kid. He has some of the same intangibles that Earl Bennett has. Great hands, precision, etc.. Heck, IMO Earl Bennett is by far the best WR on the team. He's the only genuinely consistent and reliable WR we have. If it's 3rd down, I want Cutler looking his way.

The thing is, Bennett's always been an afterthought due to his lack of speed, or whatever. Sanzenbacher is slower then Bennett and smaller. Bennett is listed at 6-0, 206 while Dane is 5-10, 180. Having stood next to them at practice, I'd say that's close to accurate. (as opposed to Hester & Knox who are listed as 6-0 but aren't)

Pix's saying that 25 teams wanted to sign him just means he's a legitimate 8th round draft pic . . .

Part of my reasoning is that he's this year "Mike Hass." (who actually did spend one year on the 53 man roster).

Ultimately it will come down to numbers. Do we keep 4 TE's, 4 WR's, 4 RB's, 10 d-lineman??? I think you only have a handful of guys battling for that last roster spot and they all play different positions. Special teams and injuries may be more of a factor than a guys actual ability.

It's not like the guy is 5'-7" and runs a 4.65. Most cornerbacks are only a hair faster than him, nor are they much bigger. If he has great hands, routes, toughness, intelligence, and work ethic he'd be the best WR we've got...granted that's a big IF. My point is that'll be what ultimately determines how effective he can be.

But I'm not disagreeing by the way. Even if he did have it within him to end up our best WR, he'd still have our coaches to deal with.

It's not like the guy is 5'-7" and runs a 4.65. Most cornerbacks are only a hair faster than him, nor are they much bigger. If he has great hands, routes, toughness, intelligence, and work ethic he'd be the best WR we've got...granted that's a big IF. My point is that'll be what ultimately determines how effective he can be.

But I'm not disagreeing by the way. Even if he did have it within him to end up our best WR, he'd still have our coaches to deal with.

I stand corrected. Damn good first down catch. Dane's looking better then Roy Williams. Dane makes the team.

I stand corrected. Damn good first down catch. Dane's looking better then Roy Williams. Dane makes the team.

He just continues to impress. and lets remember he is in with the 1's right now. That must mean the coaches trust him. I am 95% positive that this kid makes the team and we will keep 6 WR's

Lets keep him!

Drop in the 2nd half was not good and he needed to fair catch a punt as well. I'm not going to get over excited about him. We have seen this before with Haas and and several other fringe WRs. He better play some darn good special teams if he wants to make the 53 man roster.

Peace :bringit

I saw him returning but we have enough good returners. Was he on coverage aswell?

flea I consider it as a reason to justify their faith in an undrafted rookie. If he ever had to return a punt in a game after all the others you have in mind, we would be in a pickle.

Things are looking good for undrafted free-agent wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher, even though he had a drop in Saturday's loss at Tennessee, an issue that plagued the entire receiving corps.

Sanzenbacher, the Ohio State product, hasn't just caught the attention of quarterback Jay Cutler. He has impressed the man with the final say on the roster, general manager Jerry Angelo.

Has he made it?

"There is a good chance," Angelo said. "You've seen it in practice, you've seen it in the game. You know what he breeds? Trust."

Sanzenbacher is smart enough to know he has another week to go — and then some. Teams will make final cuts and then continue to retool their rosters as players they might be interested in are cut loose.

"It's a day-by-day thing," Sanzenbacher said. "You can't ever take anything for granted here. They re-evaluate it every day. There is a lot of area for progress and I didn't play my best game (Saturday) by any means."

Link