Bears @ Giants, 8/22/11, Preseason game 2

balta1701-A

Breakin' camp.

Bears camp winners

1. Greg Olsen was traded after one night in a dorm room, creating a big opportunity for Kellen Davis. He has answered the challenge to this point and should be an able receiver and a much more versatile and effective blocker.

2. Devin Hester spent a lot of time working with Jay Cutler in the offseason and the difference showed in practice. It's up to him to transfer that to the playing field now.

3. Matt Toeaina has been easy to overlook in the past but with Anthony Adams sidelined he really stood out. His flexibility to play both defensive tackle spots and his selfless nature makes him valuable.

Bears camp losers

1. The Bears compiled depth like they haven't had before at defensive tackle, and Marcus Harrison showed up out of shape. That forced him to miss the first five days of training camp and now he has an uphill battle to make the roster.

2. It's fair to wonder if pressure from offensive coordinator Mike Martz led to some problems but backup quarterback Caleb Hanie admittedly had a rough camp though he rebounded in the final days.

3. Zack Bowman was supposed to compete for the starting left cornerback job. While he hasn't been ruled out, he got scant opportunities with the first team and then suffered a concussion. He will need to make up ground.

Guest TerraTor
I'm not really liking what I'm seeing from Robbie Gould. Dude hasn't been close on alot of his kicks this preseason.

Guys, for cripes sake. This is preseason. Robbie Gould is out there havin' fun relax.

Only thing preseason is for is guys like Major Wright, who like i said earlier today or yesterday was the last resort in the year we got stuck with him. Nick Roach needed to show a little more, etc

Seriously just relax. Contradictory to what i said a little, I think Carimi looks dam good with Tuck - Lance Louis looks Quasim Mitchell, but thinner

Guys, for cripes sake. This is preseason. Robbie Gould is out there havin' fun relax.

Only thing preseason is for is guys like Major Wright, who like i said earlier today or yesterday was the last resort in the year we got stuck with him. Nick Roach needed to show a little more, etc

Seriously just relax. Contradictory to what i said a little, I think Carimi looks dam good with Tuck - Lance Louis looks Quasim Mitchell, but thinner

Wow, Terra is telling someone to relax????????

Terra is the voice of reason? Are pigs flying???? ;)

Peace :dabears

There is having fun, and then there is missing kicks. And nobody here said it's the end of the world.