Bears @ Giants, 8/22/11, Preseason game 2

balta1701-A

we do not have the personnel to run the Mike Martz offense. I know it is preseason, but this team has taken a step back imo. I hope i am wrong, but i just dont see it. On a positive not, Gabe Carimi looks pretty good for the most part.

Yeah I pretty much hate the Martz offense. Every team we play has a quarterback and an offense that makes the QB get rid of the football out of a short drop back. I wish we ran a West Coast style of offense personally.

Guest TerraTor
Yeah I pretty much hate the Martz offense. Every team we play has a quarterback and an offense that makes the QB get rid of the football out of a short drop back. I wish we ran a West Coast style of offense personally.

Martz offense doesnt require Pass-catching TEs... and apparently pass-catching WRs either

I can't remember the last time a Bears team has looked this bad in the preseason. Wow. That being said, there are two points to be made regarding comments in this thread.

1 - There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. The team has played like shit, and it's worrying. All the "just relax" talk is BS. These guys have, for the most part, looked somewhat incompetent. I could see if the team was just missing the breaks, had a few unlucky turnovers, or something like that...but the Bears have looked ATROCIOUS in just about ever phase.

2 - We may not like the current installation of the Martz offense, but I still don't understand what dude is supposed to do. He's essentially installing a neutered version of his offense. That being said, Cutler went 12/21 for 171 yards. That's pretty damn good considering Williams had two important drops and the OL still isn't exactly killing it in the pass or run blocking area. Even though I'll admit the OL looked better this game...despite the fact that the QB appears to be pressured nearly every play.

Add in that last 95+ yard TD, and it's yet another game in the long line of bad MNF performances...but just because it's preseason doesn't mean we can't glean anything from the performances.

This game was evalution for Lovie. Let me explain.

We have 90 players in camp. The cut downs are this week. After browsing the Roster it is going to be tough to cut down to 53 plaus 8 with what they have on the roster, Sanzenbacher maybe cut, Dom Demicco maybe cut and many more that are definate good additions. They have to decide who and what they are going to keep. I figure that this game ment nothing to them especially with no OTA's and Mini Camps. It was pure evaluations. Addison was being looked at as well as Kris Adams and Kyle adams. There is a bunch to this game then winning. You could tell by thier personel management. Our D was Second string on the second series. Our recievers were 2nd and 3rd after the first series. The line was the only constant in the first half. I dont expect to beat any team with personel used like that. Its eval.

Guys, for cripes sake. This is preseason. Robbie Gould is out there havin' fun relax.

Only thing preseason is for is guys like Major Wright, who like i said earlier today or yesterday was the last resort in the year we got stuck with him. Nick Roach needed to show a little more, etc

Seriously just relax. Contradictory to what i said a little, I think Carimi looks dam good with Tuck - Lance Louis looks Quasim Mitchell, but thinner

Huh? Who has kidnapped Terra? Someone call the authorities, Terra's computer has been stolen and TB account taken over...

This game was evalution for Lovie. Let me explain.

We have 90 players in camp. The cut downs are this week. After browsing the Roster it is going to be tough to cut down to 53 plaus 8 with what they have on the roster, Sanzenbacher maybe cut, Dom Demicco maybe cut and many more that are definate good additions. They have to decide who and what they are going to keep. I figure that this game ment nothing to them especially with no OTA's and Mini Camps. It was pure evaluations. Addison was being looked at as well as Kris Adams and Kyle adams. There is a bunch to this game then winning. You could tell by thier personel management. Our D was Second string on the second series. Our recievers were 2nd and 3rd after the first series. The line was the only constant in the first half. I dont expect to beat any team with personel used like that. Its eval.

I believe the cut down dates are as follows:

Aug 30 - cut to 75

Sept 3rd cut to 53

Peace :dabears

Well said jason.

It really sucks that we have had a history of laying eggs on national TV.

More fuel to the fire for the national media to crap on us. We honestly make it easy for them.

Could there be something to the Honey Bear curse? Please Virginia! Bring e'm back!

I can't remember the last time a Bears team has looked this bad in the preseason. Wow. That being said, there are two points to be made regarding comments in this thread.

1 - There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. The team has played like shit, and it's worrying. All the "just relax" talk is BS. These guys have, for the most part, looked somewhat incompetent. I could see if the team was just missing the breaks, had a few unlucky turnovers, or something like that...but the Bears have looked ATROCIOUS in just about ever phase.

2 - We may not like the current installation of the Martz offense, but I still don't understand what dude is supposed to do. He's essentially installing a neutered version of his offense. That being said, Cutler went 12/21 for 171 yards. That's pretty damn good considering Williams had two important drops and the OL still isn't exactly killing it in the pass or run blocking area. Even though I'll admit the OL looked better this game...despite the fact that the QB appears to be pressured nearly every play.

Add in that last 95+ yard TD, and it's yet another game in the long line of bad MNF performances...but just because it's preseason doesn't mean we can't glean anything from the performances.

Last year was horrible. Far worse than yesterdays game. Yesterdays game wasn't great but despite the score there wre quite a few positives in the game. Cutler played really good and if his wideouts caught the ball he'd have had a TD plus a few more drives would have continued on with 3rd down conversions.

After watching this game, it only reassured me why we needed to sign Sidney Rice. Cutler had a good game but it could have been alot better had Roy Williams caught the two easy passes that were thrown right too him, and Hester hadn't of dropped the one in the redzone and slipped on the other. Way too many dropped passes last night. The only WR that played a good game was Earl Bennett, to no surprise. He's about as sure handed as they get. I'd like to see more of this Onrea Jones kid. He stood out on the 3rd team during that no huddle offensive drive.