1st half impressions

azbearsfan

--well the line looks a little better, but that aint saying much

--I get that its a practice game so I wont jump all over martz' ass cause he might want to get a look at things on film, but if he is still calling a 2 to 1 pass to run ratio when the season starts, he needs to be held accountable.

--The defense looks like they have no energy. The outside linebackers have not held leverage all night and look like crap.

--They should just shoot chester taylor now.

-- Roy Williams is a joke. I hate that guy already. What an insult to the rest of the team, come in out of shape and drops the damn ball.

--WTF is up with the special teams. The coverage teams are trash.

lol, other than that its been great.

Guest TerraTor

Dont really care much about pre-season but does anyone wanna continue to argue with me on Roy Williams. The guy is a fuggin loser. Not only does jerry not sign any vets to try and help protect Cutler but they bring in this asshole as a WR. Seriously?

Not gonna beat a dead horse but realize these two things _

1. Bears trade Greg Olsen - numbers alone, led team in receptions with Cutler, and TDs

2. Bears claim Knox "not ready" - led team in receptions and yards last season - replaced by Roy Williams, not as last resort, but on Day 1 with arguably the best WR free agency availability of all time....

--well the line looks a little better, but that aint saying much

--I get that its a practice game so I wont jump all over martz' ass cause he might want to get a look at things on film, but if he is still calling a 2 to 1 pass to run ratio when the season starts, he needs to be held accountable.

--The defense looks like they have no energy. The outside linebackers have not held leverage all night and look like crap.

--They should just shoot chester taylor now.

-- Roy Williams is a joke. I hate that guy already. What an insult to the rest of the team, come in out of shape and drops the damn ball.

--WTF is up with the special teams. The coverage teams are trash.

lol, other than that its been great.

Man as far as line play goes your definatley not watching the same game Iam, If recievers held onto the ball it would have been great, But drops killed us tonight and was not a result of line play.

Man as far as line play goes your definatley not watching the same game Iam, If recievers held onto the ball it would have been great, But drops killed us tonight and was not a result of line play.

I said it was better. But not good enough to pull out a seven step drop. Cutler had to get out of the pocket quick. The line is simply not where it needs to be to run a Martz offense. If we are running three steps/ five steps and the ball is out on time then we can handle it.

I agree about the receivers. They were brutal.

I said it was better. But not good enough to pull out a seven step drop. Cutler had to get out of the pocket quick. The line is simply not where it needs to be to run a Martz offense. If we are running three steps/ five steps and the ball is out on time then we can handle it.

I agree about the receivers. They were brutal.

For what it's worth, I think the "Martz Offense" has done pretty well at adapting to what it's given. The Bears did well in the long game it was down on the goal line that things seemed to falter. Which is odd considering Barber is on the team. But I still think (all things considered) the offense looked fine, not great, just fine. Defense on the other hand seemed to take the day off. Except Iwuh... He had a solid night.

It looks like you may be right... It's not looking good.

Dont really care much about pre-season but does anyone wanna continue to argue with me on Roy Williams. The guy is a fuggin loser. Not only does jerry not sign any vets to try and help protect Cutler but they bring in this asshole as a WR. Seriously?

1. Bears trade Greg Olsen - numbers alone, led team in receptions with Cutler, and TDs

2. Bears claim Knox "not ready" - led team in receptions and yards last season - replaced by Roy Williams, not as last resort, but on Day 1 with arguably the best WR free agency availability of all time....

Preseason is nothing to worry about, just like if Roy Williams was out there tearing it up i would be saying lets wait to see when it matters.

Saying I told you so when it comes to roy Williams not being great, do you really want a pat on the back for callin that out?? We all know he has sucked, other then the time with Martz. I think most Bear fans are hoping that he turns it on in a system that he has succeed in before, not to mention he really is playing for a contract next year. If he wants to be in the NFl next year he better do something this year.

As for the Olsen trade, i still dont like it but at the end of the day had they not gotten the ball to him this year he would have walked and the Bears would have gotten nothing out of it.

Johnny Knox- i hope them putting Williams in front of him lights a fire and he earns his sopt back.

Things that jumped out at me.

offense

line play was much better, once spencer is up to speed put him in at C and move Garza back to Guard. Carimi did a good job holding his own, Web was ok, Louis is the weakest link. I agree with the assesment that the Martz offensive system can be tailored to the players we have the early/mid season overhaul after the bye week showed that Martz can adapt the system to what we have to play with. We don't have the line to consistently allow for deep drops... ok so I see us continue with 3-5 step drops and quicker throws with the occasional deep drop. I think that as the line gels and develops it may be serviceable.

We were able to move the ball between the 20's all night it seemed but bogged down in the red zone. Drops and poor red zone execution have a big hand in this. This is something that needs to be cleaned up for the regular season. we cannot play games only walking away with 3 or nothing on long drives. It's demoralizing to a team (and fans) to drive the length of the field and come away with virtually nothing.

WR's way too many drops nuf said.

Defense.... um where were you last night? I know most of the points were scored against the scrubs but it was also scrubbs on their offense. I'm not worried about the D at this point I think they will be fine but they definitely took the day off which I know it's preseason but still should play hard.

Special teams weren't too special last night.

I was really pleased with Cutler. He showed some nice footwork and great accuracy. Did some things with his feet. Only bad play for him was taking that sack. His passes were smart and accurate. He seemed to have a much better feel for the offense.

Unfortuntaely the wideouts killed him. Roy Williams dropping 2 3rd down balls. Davis dropping one. Hester falling and than dropping another (at least one of which would have been a TD). That was absolutely brutal.

Redzone offense still needs to improve, but I can live with that for now. It will be better this year with Barber around and another year in the system. I expect this unit to continue to improve. Carimi looked good.