The grass is always greener...

BearsFan1974

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...sod-time-season

I'm not sure how many times we have gotten new sod, but as long as the Chicago Park District owns Soldier Field and allows other non-sporting events to take place there, it's useless as tits on a fish. The field has been in shit condition since they took the astroturf away. Ridliculous amount of money paid for sod. Paying for the synthetic would pay for it self after 2 go arounds with replacing the sod.

I am convinced that ownership thinks the crummy field is somehow and advantage to the team. It's the only thing that kaes any sense whatsoever...

quote name='BearsFan1974' date='Aug 26 2011, 01:20 AM' post='93663']

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...sod-time-season

I'm not sure how many times we have gotten new sod, but as long as the Chicago Park District owns Soldier Field and allows other non-sporting events to take place there, it's useless as tits on a fish. The field has been in shit condition since they took the astroturf away. Ridliculous amount of money paid for sod. Paying for the synthetic would pay for it self after 2 go arounds with replacing the sod.

I dont understand how the sod, that will be installed Labor Day weekend, will be ready a week later. Where the sod that was installed prior to the Family Fest just three weeks prior and it was garbage then.

You know they find the crappiest, cheapest stuff that has absolutley no chance of catching every year. Utterly f'n amazing

Yesterday there was a HS triple header on the newly installed turf and that is the problem with the park district owning the field. The games featured some high profile Catholic HSs and some high profile Chicago Public HSs. Its good the kids get to play there but as fans of the professional team that utilizes that field I'm pissed. I doesn't make sense to install a field and then have 3 games on it in one day and expect it to hold up.

I think the biggest issue is that the park district is involved, period. It should be a field owned by the Bears and controlled by the Bears and no outside events should be allowed just before the season starts and during the season. Until that happens and the city has their talons in the field operations it will remain a mess.

I think the biggest issue is that the park district is involved, period. It should be a field owned by the Bears and controlled by the Bears and no outside events should be allowed just before the season starts and during the season. Until that happens and the city has their talons in the field operations it will remain a mess.

Agreed Pix and who knows when the next big soccer match is going to be held there. I also am not sure that there won't be a college game or two there this fall.They have mishandled this field(The Park District) for years. I can remember back when Jim Harbaugh was playing on that monday night game where Cap Boso got that big clump of grass stuck on his helmet right at the goalline.