Ranking the Bears Top 5 Off-season Moves

Cutsizzle

I think the best off season move was letting go of T Harris. We finally wont be running out there for looking for something he couldnt give. Now we have some choices that we can get production at the most important position in Lovies defense. the 3 technique.

My uncles an Indy fan and when they signed Tommie he thought that was the best thing ever. Did anyone else breath a sigh of relief when Indy cut Tommie? Not because I wanted Tommie to fail, but because I was scared to death we'd regret the decision. That being said, every time we've let a d-lineman go I thought we'd regret it. Wale, Mark Anderson, Alex Brown, Jarron Gilbert, even that guy we drafted the year we took Grossman (Haynes?)

I agree with what you said. Hopefully, Okoye & Melton will more make up for the loss.

Not resigning D. Manning should be close.

Manning was a damn good strong safety and return man. The problem is, he sucked at free safety, and it took us 4 years to understand that. Granted, I'm glad we didn't pay him 20 million, but he's a better SS then Chris Harris. Not a great move.

Guest TerraTor
Manning was a damn good strong safety and return man. The problem is, he sucked at free safety, and it took us 4 years to understand that. Granted, I'm glad we didn't pay him 20 million, but he's a better SS then Chris Harris. Not a great move.

Funny cuz we have the best return man of all time..

Damn good...?

Funny cuz we have the best return man of all time..

Damn good...?

Too bad that won't matter with the new NFL kick off rule change. It is a complete joke. I went ti the Broncos 3rd preseason game against Seattle (they are putrid on offense) and between the two team there must have been 9 touch backs. Both kickers would just kick a line drive out of the back of the endzone.

A few actually came close to going through the uprights! The NFL should just replace the extra point with if you kick it through the uprights on the kickoff you should get a point!

Stupid, stupid rule!

I'm going out on a limb here by saying signing Roy Williams. Hold on, not because of his "ability". I think this signing is going to light a fire under Knox and make him the receiver we need him to be. Williams talking his share of shit during training camp made Knox realize that this is where he wanted to be. Knox is going to have a great year, I believe.

I think the best off season move was letting go of T Harris. We finally wont be running out there for looking for something he couldnt give. Now we have some choices that we can get production at the most important position in Lovies defense. the 3 technique.

If you attach replacing him with Okoye so that the Bears can actually get a much better interior pass rush...yeah that could be true.

I get the thinking/logic behind saying Spaeth #2. The writer obviously felt OL/blocking was our biggest weakness. #1 was an OT in the draft. #2 was a player who is essentially a 6th OL.

The logic isn't far off IMHO.

What was your favorite off-season move? Should Spaeth be the #2 spot?

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/09/06/ra...s-by-the-bears/

I get the thinking/logic behind saying Spaeth #2. The writer obviously felt OL/blocking was our biggest weakness. #1 was an OT in the draft. #2 was a player who is essentially a 6th OL.

The logic isn't far off IMHO.

It's tough to say that after Manu was a bust and he was a legitimate 6th O-lineman. Manu was 6-0 300 pounds. That's an o-lineman. Meanwhile Spaeth is 6-7 260. That's Greg Olsen & Kellen Davis.

I keep hearing that Spaeth is a great blocker but I just don't believe it. You can't be that tall and that long and be that effective. We just signed FB Tyler Clutts who is 6-2 and 260. That's more like it.

Guest TerraTor
It's tough to say that after Manu was a bust and he was a legitimate 6th O-lineman. Manu was 6-0 300 pounds. That's an o-lineman. Meanwhile Spaeth is 6-7 260. That's Greg Olsen & Kellen Davis.

I keep hearing that Spaeth is a great blocker but I just don't believe it. You can't be that tall and that long and be that effective. We just signed FB Tyler Clutts who is 6-2 and 260. That's more like it.

Quasim Mitchell was well over 300 lbs tho?

Meet Hall of Fame player:

RANDALL MCDANIEL

Class of 2009

Guard >>> 6-3, 276

(Arizona State)

1988-1999 Minnesota Vikings, 2000-01 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Is Spaeth too tall? Maybe, but players at a lot of NFL positions along the lines (both sides) are taller these days than they were 10-15 years ago. I don't think the mismatch is always as great as believed. Regardless, he made some great blocks containing the end on many running plays in the preseason. He does not get tossed around like Greg Olsen did.