Lance Briggs expects to be fined for..

Cutsizzle

IMHO, if this was purely about patriotism, and nothing else, we would not be reading about it days before the game. We would simply see him wearing the shoes the day of. No. Sorry, this is a publicity "look at me" stunt and little more.

I commend Briggs on doing this....but....he's more about him than anything else.

IMHO, if this was purely about patriotism, and nothing else, we would not be reading about it days before the game. We would simply see him wearing the shoes the day of. No. Sorry, this is a publicity "look at me" stunt and little more.

Absolutely, obviously, and if nothing else such obvious events should be met with the appropriate revulsion.

Many Reebok players are going to be wearing the gloves and shoes. Here's what I find interesting; guys like Reggie Wayne sought permission from the NFL. Guys like Briggs said, look at me, I'm gonna get fined. If you are going to honor our fallen, just STFU and do it. Any other way, especially drawing attention to yourself, is just disrespectful. Hopefully Lance has it in perpective.

Many Reebok players are going to be wearing the gloves and shoes. Here's what I find interesting; guys like Reggie Wayne sought permission from the NFL. Guys like Briggs said, look at me, I'm gonna get fined. If you are going to honor our fallen, just STFU and do it. Any other way, especially drawing attention to yourself, is just disrespectful. Hopefully Lance has it in perpective.

As I obviously don't know Lance, I don't know whether he has anything in perspective.

HOWEVER, from what I do know, he probably has nothing in perspective, as he is an overpaid pampered athlete looking for millions more dollars on top of what he already draws.

From what I can see, he is a worthless POS. And if he was equivalent to some of the old greats, is MS or OW, then I might say tolerate it and let him hold on.

But he is not. He is ordinary. He is one step above average.

I hope the Bears find a trading partner....but I bet they won't, because they all know that he is not anything special, just a solid LB in a system which helps him shine

Guest TerraTor

While his antics are embarrasing, i disagree with saying he is just an average player. Our current system may make him shine. But he did a great job in not only his spot but MLB when Url went down in 04. And personally i can always tell when he is not on the field. I also still think hes an ass but dont dispute his ability.

I'm not sure if this is just a publicity stunt or not but I think Briggs has military in his family as well as Charles Tillman. That may be part of his motivation. Nowadays with these players you never know. He may change his name to Lance "Nessesscito Dinero".

BTW his shoe company would have picked up the tab for the fine.

While his antics are embarrasing, i disagree with saying he is just an average player. Our current system may make him shine. But he did a great job in not only his spot but MLB when Url went down in 04. And personally i can always tell when he is not on the field. I also still think hes an ass but dont dispute his ability.

Why is it embarrassing?

The fact that people booed Briggs in warmups today is utterly stupid. Those morons should be ashamed of themselves. The f***ing guy wants more money. So did Urlacher, so does Forte, so did Tillman, so did Hester, and so did Peppers (so he left Carolina). None of those guys get booed. Dumb.